United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2008, 04:52 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I thought Ronaldo was our best player too, but on the after-match analysis they seemed to be suggesting he'd had a poor game

Beat men at will, always threatened when given the ball even though he generally had 2 men on him. Fouled constantly. Would have scored with an excellent volley if not for a good block from some Celtic @#%&!.

His crossing was a bit hit and miss I suppose, but I thought he was excellent otherwise.
Agree with that.
Ronaldo's greatest quality is that he never goes hiding.
Thought he was great last night.

I really wish he'd cut out 2 things though -
1) Please stop lying on the floor sulking if you don't get a freekick.
2) Lets have a bit of variation with the Freekicks. You don't have to go for goal (& 9 times out of 10 hit the wall) regardless of how far out it is!

Other than that, more of the same on Saturday please.

Unread 06-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thought he was pretty much straight up off the floor last night.
There was a couple where he didn't but he took a few cracks last night to be fair.

Unread 06-11-2008, 04:58 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
There was a couple where he didn't but he took a few cracks last night to be fair.
Yep.
The Ref was a joke in that respect (aren't they all nowadays?)
Celtic left a foot in after practically every challenge. That @#%&! Brown was a dirty £#%&!er all night & got away with it.
There was also a 2-footed lunge from behind on Fletcher quite early on that the Ref deemed only worthy of a freekick.
Yet I think we had 2 yellow cards before the break against Celtic's none.

I'm not 'doing a Wenger' & moaning about physical football, but you expect the Ref to do his £#%&!ing job properly.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep.
Celtic left a foot in after practically every challenge. That @#%&! Brown was a dirty £#%&!er all night & got away with it.
There was also a 2-footed lunge from behind on Fletcher quite early on that the Ref deemed only worthy of a freekick.

I'm not 'doing a Wenger' & moaning about physical football, but you expect the Ref to do his £#%&!ing job properly.
a textbook yellow if ever there was one

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep.

To be fair to him, I enjoyed the way he let the game flow. Another ref and instead of it being a great 'blood and cliche' game it would have been incredibly stop start.

he definitely favoured them with the letting stuff go though

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
a textbook yellow if ever there was one
As was Rafael's early lunge if we're honest.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:21 PM
dodger

Quote:
Has anybody mentioned how dreadful he was? First 20-30 mins he completely lost his head.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:23 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
that much is true, thought he was shit first half...thankfully didn't have much to do thereafter, good experience for him tho

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Has anybody mentioned how dreadful he was? First 20-30 mins he completely lost his head.
Dreadful is a tad strong?

He was getting used to the atmosphere. FFs he has just turned 18. :shakehead:

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:26 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Dreadful is a tad strong?

He was getting used to the atmosphere. FFs he has just turned 18. :shakehead:
I thought dreadful was pretty apt. although he improved later on.

Yes he's 18. yes he's getting used to it. They are merely the reasons why.
Closed Thread