United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default Pro Set Cards - Did any of you collect these?

happy days

"got, got, got, got, got, need! need! ah mate, i only need mickey gynn and gunner halle to complete!"

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Ethers

Yes

I was clearing out the garage at my mums a few months ago and came across a carrier bag full of them.

Spent ages having a look through, memories.

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:15 PM
no fun

Paging magic cantona to the thread

Maggers to the thread

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Switching Off

Remember Mike Phelan was listed as a utility player. I wondered as a kid if that meant shit.

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes

I was clearing out the garage at my mums a few months ago and came across a carrier bag full of them.

Spent ages having a look through, memories.
i did exactly the same yesterday i also found my completed premier league 93/94 album.

i used to love it when my mum asked me to go to the shop: "a daily mirror and 20 packs of stickers, please". don't think i ever bought just a single packet ever.

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Paging magic cantona to the thread

Maggers to the thread
Internets never forgets

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Fat Al

This is the first one I remember completing.

http://www.footballstickipedia.com/p...ker-album.html

Look at the club badges, they were ace.

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
This is the first one I remember completing.

http://www.footballstickipedia.com/p...ker-album.html

Look at the club badges, they were ace.
i don't think i have ever replicated that feeling of pure elation that getting a shiny in your pack can bring

Unread 02-03-2016, 12:07 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Remember Mike Phelan was listed as a utility player. I wondered as a kid if that meant shit.
Wonder what made you think that, then

Unread 02-03-2016, 12:17 AM
guerreiro

Are pro set another name for Panini stickers or the council version?

Unread 02-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Are pro set another name for Panini stickers or the council version?
they're a different beast altogether. pro set were cards, not stickers.

Unread 02-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Withers

Quote:
You were a smart kid.

Unread 02-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i don't think i have ever replicated that feeling of pure elation that getting a shiny in your pack can bring
Arthur at our shop would ask if you wanted a badge, and had a way of bending the packets and knowing if there was one in

He must have ended up with hundreds of unsold badgeless packets

Unread 02-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Long tongue phooey

I can't really remember the rules but we used to play a game with the cards where you would pitch them towards a wall and you could win your opponents cards.

Unread 02-03-2016, 01:15 PM
believe

Was the card master as a kid and would collect anything. Favourite album was the 90 World Cup one, a proper A4 ring binder with different sections, squads, player profiles, World Cup moments etc it must have cost a £#%&!ing fortune when I think back. Luckily my parents were divorced so I had money coming from all angles.

Another nostalgic favorite were the cop shop cards. Spent most of my childhood in the local cop shop

Unread 02-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Was the card master as a kid and would collect anything. Favourite album was the 90 World Cup one, a proper A4 ring binder with different sections, squads, player profiles, World Cup moments etc it must have cost a £#%&!ing fortune when I think back. Luckily my parents were divorced so I had money coming from all angles.

Another nostalgic favorite were the cop shop cards. Spent most of my childhood in the local cop shop
Had that, Orbis World Cup 90. Golden goals etc. Still got it at home.

Unread 02-03-2016, 01:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Had that, Orbis World Cup 90. Golden goals etc. Still got it at home.

Need to spread it apparently but that picture sent a shiver down my spine. 26 £#%&!ing years.

Unread 02-03-2016, 01:29 PM
ryanMUFC

Completed the 2002/03 Merlins sticker album. I also thought it was a good idea to forge David Beckham and Robbie Savage's signatures.

Unread 02-03-2016, 01:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Completed the 2002/03 Merlins sticker album. I also thought it was a good idea to forge David Beckham and Robbie Savage's signatures.
JCL @#%&!

Unread 02-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

cop shop cards we used to collect them too. it's all coming back now.

did you collect the esso world cup 90 coins? i completed that too. it was sightly unnerving that all of the players on the coins looked like don brennan from coronation street.
Closed Thread