United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
dunk

Default Premier League Years 06-07 on now...

We were £#%&!ing good that year.

Ronaldo and Saha were stunning. Probably the most enjoyable season of football since '99, still. Despite the CL in '08.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We were £#%&!ing good that year.

Ronaldo and Saha were stunning. Probably the most enjoyable season of football since '99, still. Despite the CL in '08.
Ronnie dragged us over the line that season.

I will miss him dearly :bi:

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
Ronnie dragged us over the line that season.

I will miss him dearly :bi:
you can say that about every season we won the league while he was here.

£#%&! knows how people think we will play better football or be as effective in the final third.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
wiganste

We could have won the treble that season but our squad was absolutely £#%&!ed by the time we played Milan away.

Great season.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
you can say that about every season we won the league while he was here.

£#%&! knows how people think we will play better football or be as effective in the final third.
I don't think anyone thinks we won't miss him, of course we will. i just think, rather than wallowing in pre-season doom and gloom, some of us are hoping that fergie can once again show that he can change the team round and move on from the loss of a player, great as he might be.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
dunk

The dejection when that Fernandes goal made it 2-0 Everton

Then the jubilation as Chris 'baby deer' Eagles ran through for the fourth

I'd take another season like that right now.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Hope we can see Carrick and Fletch play together as they did in that 7-1 Roma game this season.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:39 AM
wiganste

Quote:

Me too. That really was the United way.

Great day that at Everton. It was even better at 5pm when Leeds got relegated to league one.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:40 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Sparky***

that goal berbatov scored against charlton

why can't he £#%&!ing do that for us?

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:

I was literally spewing.

Thought we'd never beat Mourinho the moment that went in!

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
that goal berbatov scored against charlton

why can't he £#%&!ing do that for us?
He will mon amis, he will....

Watching him during that season, his body language was completely different to that which have seen so far at United.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Mr_Ed

First 15 games. Played 15, Won 13, Drawn 1, Lost 1

We were awesome

Saha missed that Pen at Celtic and, for me, never really recovered as a United player.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

We were awesome

Saha missed that Pen at Celtic and, for me, never really recovered as a United player.
£#%&!ING USELESS!!!!

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

We were awesome

Very, very true. Should never have taken it anyway. His arse had gone before he picked the £#%&!ing ball up, G.Nev shouldn't have let him take it.

The sad thing about that season, 2 or 3 more players and we would've won the £#%&!ing lot. A fit and confident Saha right through to the end of the season would've made a hell of a difference as well.

The only downside, That @#%&! Heinze leading The Champions out at Stamford Bridge as captain and Dong's cameo

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Tierra Del Fuego

a great season off the pitch as well, some great away games:

Celtic, Blackburn and Sheff Utd all in the space of 10 days. 3 quality trips

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Tiberian

The Saha thing is a myth, 3 days later he scored a brilliant goal against Chelsea in the League. Fergie bringing in Larsson did more damage to Saha than that penalty miss, left on the bench when he was fit to play so Larsson( who was nowhere near as good for Utd as some made out) could start and generally do very little. Saha being Saha then starts to feel the strains and minor knocks and loses confidence in his body.

I still miss Louis, a better player than Tevez ever was IMO.

That season is one of Fergies' greatest achievements, a smallish squad, playing great football came very close to repeating the treble, Ronaldo and Rooney becoming the leaders of the team, the last great season from Scholes, Giggs was also fantastic that year.

Roma, Milan were 2 amazing European nights at OT.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:10 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

The Ronaldo/Rooney box to box goal against Bolton was my highlight from that season, remember the goal like it was yesterday and thinking "wow these two lads are un £#%&!ing real"

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:11 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The Saha thing is a myth, 3 days later he scored a brilliant goal against Chelsea in the League. Fergie bringing in Larsson did more damage to Saha than that penalty miss, left on the bench when he was fit to play so Larsson( who was nowhere near as good for Utd as some made out) could start and generally do very little. Saha being Saha then starts to feel the strains and minor knocks and loses confidence in his body.

I still miss Louis, a better player than Tevez ever was IMO.

That season is one of Fergies' greatest achievements, a smallish squad, playing great football came very close to repeating the treble, Ronaldo and Rooney becoming the leaders of the team, the last great season from Scholes, Giggs was also fantastic that year.

Roma, Milan were 2 amazing European nights at OT.
Agree. A fully fit Saha was an awesome player for us. Could have been a great.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
The Ronaldo/Rooney box to box goal against Bolton was my highlight from that season, remember the goal like it was yesterday and thinking "wow these two lads are un £#%&!ing real"
Closed Thread