United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Baron

Football Champions League Group Stage Pots- 13/14

Will Moyes be a lucky manager, or will he end up in his first season in the CL with a group of

PSG
Dortmund
Napoli

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:03 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Will Moyes be a lucky manager, or will he end up in his first season in the CL with a group of

PSG
Dortmund
Napoli

Napoli's nailed on with fat benny moving there

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:04 PM
dragflick

city in pot 3 again, vg2c

Munich, PSG and Napoli could mean another 6 games in Europe without a win...

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:06 PM
forwardirektion

Could be difficult to get out of the group this year, pot 3 is strong apart from olympiakos and Leverkusen/Napoli in pot 4 ouch.

Hopefully we get Lyon Olympiakos and Anderlecht and city get Bayern, PSG & Napoli

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Zorg

Ven ist der draw?

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ven ist der draw?
29th August

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:12 PM
andyroo

How come clubs that haven't even qualified yet are designated in pots? Arsenal in pot 1 FFS, they could lose.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Sparky***

Who £#%&!ing cares. A shit, boring group stage followed by 2-legged heartbreak. Again.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Sloppy

Some very tricky trips in pot 3.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Time For Heroes

Those aren't right, loads of teams are still playing, PSV won last night, where are they??

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:19 PM
jem

more likely we get marseille, galatasaray and apoel and then get obliterated by someone who came second in a group of death.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:20 PM
lookingforeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
How come clubs that haven't even qualified yet are designated in pots? Arsenal in pot 1 FFS, they could lose.
Just what I was thinking. The 3rd qualifying round hasnt finished yet and the playoff ties have yet to be decided.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
more likely we get marseille, galatasaray and apoel and then get obliterated by someone who came second in a group of death.
Sounds familiar

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Who £#%&!ing cares. A shit, boring group stage followed by 2-legged heartbreak. Again.
Is the correct answer.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Lok

It's based on some blokes presumptions.

The coefficients are correct so if Arsenal etc... get through, that's what the pots would be.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think we'll do well to get out the Group.
Moyes has zero experience at this level either as a player, coach or manager.
How will he handle those big European nights at Old Trafford if we get a half decent team or 2 in the Group?
It'll be a big learning curve this season.

I expect him to challenge for the Title. He's been working in the Premier League for over a decade now. No excuses. He's taking over a Title winning squad.

But we've been putrid in Europe since Barca pulled our pants down at Wembley.
Europe is definitely his biggest test & I think it'll take him a few seasons to come to terms with it.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:30 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I think we'll do well to get out the Group.
Moyes has zero experience at this level either as a player, coach or manager.
How will he handle those big European nights at Old Trafford if we get a half decent team or 2 in the Group?
It'll be a big learning curve this season.

I expect him to challenge for the Title. He's been working in the Premier League for over a decade now. No excuses. He's taking over a Title winning squad.

Europe is definitely his biggest test & I think it'll take him a few seasons to come to terms with it.
Might actually fluke one straight away. DiMatteo did

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Might actually fluke one straight away. DiMatteo did
and the fat bastard

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Buy a quality midfielder or two & the squad is experienced enough to handle it themselves. Don't see Moyes as being the mongy kind to ruffle the side up with revolutionary tactics & play false 9's & reverting to the WM formation.

Unread 31-07-2013, 12:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Bit early to be assuming a lot of those teams will get through.

It would be so much more interesting if it wasn't seeded.
Closed Thread