United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:08 PM
the lawman

Default Dear Mr Ferguson.......my tuppenceworth

'The crowd were dead,' said the Scot. 'It was like a funeral it was so quiet.
'You need the crowd to create a good atmosphere. It is all right saying the players can make the crowd respond but in some situations, like this one, the crowd have to get behind the players.
'I think there have been days like this in the past. It happened some years ago, when we were dominant. The crowd have come to be entertained. It doesn't help us.'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Ferguson.

With regards to your comments concerning the atmosphere on New Years Days ‘big’ clash with Birmingham City at Old Trafford I would like to submit the following observations.

1. It was New Years Day….. most of the crowd were probably hung over/knackered or on corporate freebies (as quite a few people I knew were) or, on a jolly as they had tickets given to them cos the original ticket holder would not be attending due to it being New years and actually having a family, and a life outside of letting their wage packets be controlled by Mr Glazer and his ingenious ticket price increases and cup scheme deviousness .

2. You will probably find it will have been exactly the same atmosphere at a lot of grounds around the country. It is always quiet on New Years Day - even U2 sang about it being so…

3. If you want Old Trafford to be a ‘cauldron’ of intensity and fervour for the home team, why not make it affordable again to people on a normal wage? People say from Salford, Trafford, Stretford, to name a few. My brothers seats for this season are £45 each, he has been going since the 60’s and is United through and through, his comment regarding the price increases and cup game robbery plan? “ That’s it for me, how much can they keep squeezing a guy on a normal wage? They want us to pay £45 to watch the reserves playing teams like Exeter on a Wednesday night in the Carling cup, I wont be attending, so will be basically paying £45 to sit at home”. My brother and his mate are now buying a small fishing boat (no $#*! - my mates have took his books on) as he knows he can ‘day trip’ to games like most of our natural hometown support now have to. Maybe he will do so up the Irwell in his boat.

4. Because of the already mentioned price increases and the new ‘automatic cup con’ a lot of supporters now ‘share’ books, so go half as often, and get out of the habit of that home game mentality. You want to see the team, but you don’t feel a regular like you used to, so are not as up for it on every occasion as you feel a little bit of a stranger at times.

5. When I go for a meal and (pay £45 for the privilege) I do not expect to have to tell the chef how to cook it, or feel forced into encouraging him to perform his gastronomic skills for me, I complement him after I taste the food, I am after all the one who is doing the paying.

6. When I go to see a band - I do not expect to have to show them how to play their instruments or goad them into putting a good show on for me. They are being paid thousands of pounds for that 90 minutes onstage, it is their job, and I again am one of the ones who is paying. WE are the customers here, it is no different to any business

7. Win, lose or draw, the players (including yourself) earn £xxxthousands for that game – Win lose or draw. We pay £45 for the same game.

8. And finally – you are in footballing terms without doubt a hero for every fan of this club (including myself), and one of the greatest managers this country has seen. This however does not give you license to say whatever you want and pass judgement about people who have supported this club since birth, some while you were still cutting your managerial teeth at St Mirren. You are from the same area of Glasgow as my stepfather, who stood outside the steelworks everyday with his hand in the air asking for work. Please do not loose contact with the common man, we do not take kindly to people in Ivory towers making out that it is our duty to make overpaid stars perform - or blaming the crowd if the players cannot be bothered to pick their game up - surely that is YOUR duty.

Maybe an idea is to pay them all less (including yourself) and cut ticket prices - I’ll then sing my b*llocks off every game as I’ll have had more money to spend on beer before the game to vibe me up on a cold winters morning, and also a bit extra in my wage packet every month for life’s necessities.

I shall await the “if you don’t like it you can go and watch Chelsea” reply…. Sir Matt would be turning in his grave.

Yours
A normal working class fan being gradually priced out
Salford.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Child of Darkness

£#%&!ing brilliant

send that to the MEN please

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:11 PM
George Bestial

Can we fit all that on a T-shirt?!

Well said lad.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:12 PM
wiganste

Can't argue with any of that and something I can relate to.

Good post. I'm assuming this has been sent on to Utd, FAO Fergie?

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Child of Darkness

£62 million a year on interest would be a hell of a ticket price cut as well

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Stretters

£#%&!ing Class

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:18 PM
puressence

he will not bad an eyelid the @#%&!

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Barca '91

no need to bring U2 into it.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Pete's Shoes

Brilliant. Well said.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

rather good post. I trust this has been sent to Carrington.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:38 PM
True Faith

Default Spot on

Well Said!!! that hit the nail on the head!!!!

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Skag Trendy

Shame Fergoz wont even get close to reading it.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Shame Fergoz wont even get close to reading it.
rio reads all his letters

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
rio reads all his letters

Rio cant read,FACT.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:55 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lawman
'The crowd were dead,' said the Scot. 'It was like a funeral it was so quiet.
'You need the crowd to create a good atmosphere. It is all right saying the players can make the crowd respond but in some situations, like this one, the crowd have to get behind the players.
'I think there have been days like this in the past. It happened some years ago, when we were dominant. The crowd have come to be entertained. It doesn't help us.'
-----------------------------------------------------

With regards to your comments concerning the atmosphere on New Years Days ‘big’ clash with Birmingham City at Old Trafford I would like to submit the following observations.

1. It was New Years Day….. most of the crowd were probably hung over/knackered or on corporate freebies (as quite a few people I knew were) or, on a jolly as they had tickets given to them cos the original ticket holder would not be attending due to it being New years and actually having a family, and a life outside of letting their wage packets be controlled by Mr Glazer and his ingenious ticket price increases and cup scheme deviousness .

2. You will probably find it will have been exactly the same atmosphere at a lot of grounds around the country. It is always quiet on New Years Day - even U2 sang about it being so…

3. If you want Old Trafford to be a ‘cauldron’ of intensity and fervour for the home team, why not make it affordable again to people on a normal wage? People say from Salford, Trafford, Stretford, to name a few. My brothers seats for this season are £45 each, he has been going since the 60’s and is United through and through, his comment regarding the price increases and cup game robbery plan? “ That’s it for me, how much can they keep squeezing a guy on a normal wage? They want us to pay £45 to watch the reserves playing teams like Exeter on a Wednesday night in the Carling cup, I wont be attending, so will be basically paying £45 to sit at home”. My brother and his mate are now buying a small fishing boat (no $#*! - my better off mates have took his books on) as he knows he can ‘day trip’ to games like most of our natural hometown support now have to. Maybe he will do so up the Irwell in his boat.

4. Because of the already mentioned price increases and the new ‘automatic cup con’ a lot of supporters now ‘share’ books, so go half as often, and get out of the habit of that home game mentality. You want to see the team, but you don’t feel a regular like you used to, so are not as up for it on every occasion as you feel a little bit of a stranger at times.

5. When I go for a meal and (pay £45 for the privilege) I do not expect to have to tell the chef how to cook it, or feel forced into encouraging him to perform his gastronomic skills for me, I complement him after I taste the food, I am after all the one who is doing the paying.

6. When I go to see a band - I do not expect to have to show them how to play their instruments or goad them into putting a good show on for me. They are being paid thousands of pounds for that 90 minutes onstage, it is their job, and I again am one of the ones who is paying. WE are the customers here, it is no different to any business

7. Win, lose or draw, the players (including yourself) earn £xxxthousands for that game – Win lose or draw. I pay £45 for the same game.

8. And finally – you are in footballing terms without doubt a hero for every fan of this club (including myself), and one of the greatesmanagers this country has seen. This however does not give you license to say whatever you want and pass judgement about people who have supported this club since birth, some while you were still cutting your managerial teeth at St Mirren. You are from the same area of Glasgow as my stepfather, who stood outside the steelworks everyday with his hand in the air asking for work, please do not loose contact with the common man, we do not take kindly to people in Ivory towers making out that it is our duty to make overpaid stars perform - or blaming the crowd if the players cannot be bothered to pick their game up - surely that is YOUR duty.

Maybe an idea is to pay them all less (including yourself) and cut ticket prices - I’ll then sing my b*llocks off every game as I’ll have had more money to spend on beer before the game to vibe me up on a cold winters morning, and also a bit extra in my wage packet every month for life’s necessities.

I shall await the “if you don’t like it you can go and watch Chelsea” reply…. Sir Matt would be turning in his grave.

Yours
A normal working class fan being gradually priced out
Salford.
Well £#%&!ing said mate. Send this letter to everyone that matters.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Father Christmas

It's Sir Alex Ferguson not Mr Ferguson.

Unread 03-01-2008, 12:58 PM
puressence

Quote:
Rio cant read,FACT.
thank £#%&! ..imagine how wet you would get

Unread 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
thank £#%&! ..imagine how wet you would get

Unread 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
puressence

Quote:
get a picture of plug from the bash street kids and @#%&!

Unread 03-01-2008, 01:07 PM
BeansMeansHeinze

Quote:
Rio cant read,FACT.
oh yes he can.

Closed Thread