United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2011, 11:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I'd be intrigued to see the exit strategy of Abramovich or the Sheik...just don't know who would buy either clubs
Do they need one?

I always envisioned Abramovich eventually moving Chelsea to a cheaper stadium and selling the land the Bridge is on, making a cake and then £#%&!ing it off. I think he's spent too much to achieve that now like.

Hopefully the Sheikh will just abandon them and leave them to rack and ruin and bankruptcy, soon

Unread 24-11-2011, 11:45 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
I'd be intrigued to see the exit strategy of Abramovich or the Sheik...just don't know who would buy either clubs
they're daft/rich enough to just cut and run at city
they paid less for the club than madrid paid for ronaldo so i reckon they'll just sell it for about the same price tbh

Unread 24-11-2011, 11:49 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

true but I'm assuming they'd just be selling to another mega rich @#%&! with that wage bill

Unread 24-11-2011, 12:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Hopefully the Sheikh will just abandon them and leave them to rack and ruin and bankruptcy, soon
Or a violent uprising in his country and he's cooked and eaten my a rampaging mob. Let's see where that leaves their precious club.

Unread 24-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Doubt he'll up sticks, he's not paris hitlon ffs, he's got money to burn and will be around for a long time. Just hope he does an Abramovich and acts as an obstacle for his own club.

Unread 24-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Doubt he'll up sticks, he's not paris hitlon ffs, he's got money to burn and will be around for a long time. Just hope he does an Abramovich and acts as an obstacle for his own club.
still a big fan of the simple life i see pol

Unread 24-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
still a big fan of the simple life i see pol
She's my role model. Seriously though if things keep going in this direction I might adopt a second club, something small, honest and shit. Like spurs or FC.

Unread 24-11-2011, 01:23 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'd love it if Bayern played their strongest side and smashed those giddy @#%&!s at the council house.

Good job there are still a few sides in Europe that can put those bastards in their place.
bayern do it the right way as well, plenty of youth products, german spine to the team, good quality buys in the £10-£20m range.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ba...verein_27.html

exactly the model united need to be following, hopefully the youngsters coming through will be up to it.

Quote:
city especially. i can see the attraction to a mega-rich @#%&! of buying a nothing club and taking them from nothing to the top. it's basically a computer game in real life, you can do what the £#%&! you like and nobody will question you because they've come from nowhere. but once the club has achieved success, or once it's already full of top-class players all you can do is keep it there by continuing the spending and the fun inevitably wears thin. even if city win everything there is to win, and i've no doubt until they do they'll keep chucking money at it, there will come a point when the owner either £#%&!s off or tries to make it self-sufficient, just like abramovich at chelsea. and like chelsea they'll start to struggle because setting up a team with three or four stars and the rest youth or budget players is a hell of a lot harder than just buying ever £#%&!er who ever plays well against you.

Unread 24-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Coracao

Milan are a side in a transitional period*. They're getting better, but nowhere near good enough to win this tournament at the minute. They did well to win the league last season.

* Probably fair to say that all the big Italian clubs are going through similar atm.

Unread 24-11-2011, 03:14 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Milan are a side in a transitional period*. They're getting better, but nowhere near good enough to win this tournament at the minute. They did well to win the league last season.

* Probably fair to say that all the big Italian clubs are going through similar atm.
Wouldn't say they're all in transition, it's more a case of them collectively not paying wages on a par with the top sides in the English and Spanish leagues....the best players simply don't go there anymore.

Unread 25-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Stickman

I used to relish the thought of Roman £#%&!ing Chelsea off but not any more. A strong Chelsea is required to keep it tough for City and Liverpool should they ever get near the title again.
Closed Thread