United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It was tongue-in-cheek.

I've defended O'Shea numerous times on here.
Good.

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:53 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Good.
Glad we can put all this unpleasantness behind us.

O'Shea has very good positional sense. Yes, he is exposed a couple of times and lunges in, but any more than Rafael or Neville?

He's not first choice, but does a job when he comes in. We don't concede goals when he's there. As a defender, he must be doing something right.

Re: Zlatan. I thought he was quietly effective. His touch is good and he's very strong. He always seems to be a lingering threat. Poor is unfair on him, he just didn't set the world alight.

His problem is is big mouth.

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Zlatan was exactly what i've seen from him previously, fairly anonymous except when acting sulky. O' Shea to be fair to him was pretty good.

Unread 25-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Zlatan was exactly what i've seen from him previously, fairly anonymous except when acting sulky. O' Shea to be fair to him was pretty good.

Said it on here before but I'm yet to see what all the fuss is about, great against shit, very ordinary against decent teams

Unread 25-02-2009, 11:05 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Whenever I've seen him, Zlatan always seems to be on the fringes, not anonymous, but just simmering. Sometimes he boils (in a good way) and can be pretty impressive, other times he just fades and, as you say, sulks.

I thought that most of their best moments came through him and he was always a lingering threat. But ultimately did nothing. Strange player, but one that must always be watched. We can't afford to take our eyes off him at OT. Not that we will.

Inter were extremely disappointing as a whole. They looked nervous, poorly prepared and there are real holes in that side. Why is Muntari there? I wondered before kick off and was still left wondering when he sleepily trudged off the pitch.

Their best player was by far and away the goalkeeper. That tells you how much we dominated and how poor they were. More of the same in two weeks, please.

Unread 25-02-2009, 11:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Whenever I've seen him, Zlatan always seems to be on the fringes, not anonymous, but just simmering. Sometimes he boils (in a good way) and can be pretty impressive, other times he just fades and, as you say, sulks.

I thought that most of their best moments came through him and he was always a lingering threat. Strange player, but one that must always be watched. We can't afford to take our eyes off him at OT. Not that we will.

Inter were extremely disappointing as a whole. They looked nervous, poorly prepared and there are real holes in that side. Why is Muntari there? I wondered before kick off and was still left wondering when he sleepily trudged off the pitch.

Their best player was by far and away the goalkeeper. That tells you how much we dominated and how poor they were. More of the same in two weeks, please.
Some of that may have been typed by nigella Lawson.

To be honest i thought he did virtually nowt first half, then had a few moments in the 2nd, sort of performance berbatov was getting slaughtered for in his first few games at United, though withought the assist he tended to get.

Agree on Inter, very poor but as you say gotta not allow complacency at home without an away goal.

Unread 25-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

Fair £#%&!ing play to John O Shea. Actually looked like a footballer this season and I never thought I'd say that about him again. Got in a few good tackles last night, few times quicker to the ball than his man and stabbed the ball away and wasn't frightened to take the ball off Ronnie either (granted he just gave it back to him usually but still)

Compared with his last performance there when he was the personification of fear he's come on leaps and bounds.

Basically, my problem with him has never been that he can't pass the ball well, or even tackle fantastically - I'm not expecting him to be another Vidic, or Neville, £#%&! not even another Duxbury, just that he was always shit scared of getting involved. Hat's off to you Sheasy - made me eat my words this season - long may it continue.

Unread 25-02-2009, 11:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Fair £#%&!ing play to John O Shea. Actually looked like a footballer this season and I never thought I'd say that about him again. Got in a few good tackles last night, few times quicker to the ball than his man and stabbed the ball away and wasn't frightened to take the ball off Ronnie either (granted he just gave it back to him usually but still)

Compared with his last performance there when he was the personification of fear he's come on leaps and bounds.

Basically, my problem with him has never been that he can't pass the ball well, or even tackle fantastically - I'm not expecting him to be another Vidic, or Neville, £#%&! not even another Duxbury, just that he was always shit scared of getting involved. Hat's off to you Sheasy - made me eat my words this season - long may it continue.
I was with you right up 'til then, I'd say may it continue briefly until we get our first choice players fit.

Unread 25-02-2009, 12:45 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Zlatan was exactly what i've seen from him previously, fairly anonymous except when acting sulky
£#%&!ing shit in other words

wheres marlo? still got his cardboard cut out zlatan #@&%! in his less than average size mouth?

saves me sticking my £#%&!ing fist in it, #@&%!
Closed Thread