United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-05-2013, 11:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Predictably shit performance. Predictably shit substitutions. Predictably shit result.

The Valencia thing is a piss-take. What do some of these guys, such as Nani and Chicharito, who may not be happy with their level of involvement, think when they see this guy stinking up match after match and not get the hook? Nani must be sick of it, but Chicharito can't be happy at getting a one-minute token cameo in his place. Even Buttner was preferred as an attacking sub

Unread 05-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Der Kaiser

What I love about the top reds who have a pop at people who want United to play attractive football as well as win titles, is their claims that it's all down to modern football and the Sky era fan. United fans have a history of demanding we play with style, I even remember Sexton being interviewed saying it had been made perfectly clear to him that winning wasn't enough at United, we had to do it playing attacking, entertaining football, and when he couldn't deliver that he was £#%&!ed off.

Unread 05-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
What I love about the top reds who have a pop at people who want United to play attractive football as well as win titles, is their claims that it's all down to modern football and the Sky era fan. United fans have a history of demanding we play with style, I even remember Sexton being interviewed saying it had been made perfectly clear to him that winning wasn't enough at United, we had to do it playing attacking, entertaining football, and when he couldn't deliver that he was £#%&!ed off.
And your point is?

Unread 05-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
And your point is?
I may have been drinking too much today, and I'm just waffling.

Unread 06-05-2013, 12:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
There have been some entertaining games, some superb individual performances, but the actual football has not consistently been of a high standard.

I think this team has struggled for an identity in their style, so many messy performances, often been hard to work out how they are looking to play because other than dropping off to the edge of the box defensively and overloading the right wing going forward there has been little tactical consistency or pattern to the play. Been very few of the title winning sides who have been so prone to being dominated for long spells by average sides, consider a match like Southampton at home, pummeled Utd in the second half of the game, Utd could barely keep the ball.
true and probably down to fergie picking the wrong team every £#%&!ing week.

Unread 06-05-2013, 12:25 AM
red in cumbria

Well, he certainly did today......

Unread 06-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Liu Jian

It must have been depressing for RvP watching Giggs loft inaccurate passes from deep, and Valencia putting in crosses that were nowhere near him.

Just like the City game, Fergie showed no courage or imagination with his subs. Giggs played 90 minutes in both games. Absolutely laughable.

Unread 06-05-2013, 02:27 AM
dunk

Thought Giggs was pretty good tbh.

Vidic was excellent. Oh for a fully fit Vidic back to his best next season

Unread 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM
rafabio

How bad was valencia ffs?

Has there been any other player at united who has put in such woeful performances consistently ?

Unread 06-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Zorg

Fergie: "I am disappointed. I think we have put the tools away. It looked that way to me."

Why does he say it as he had nothing to do with it?

Unread 06-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Fergie: "I am disappointed. I think we have put the tools away. It looked that way to me."

Why does he say it as he had nothing to do with it?
For the same reason he ran around the touchline ranting like a lunatic in the champions league game against real madrid rather than make changes to the team or dish out instructions. He trusts his players far too much.

To the point where he just £#%&!s them out on the pitch in any old order or formations and just trusts them to get on with it.

Unread 06-05-2013, 09:58 AM
jem

I meant chelsea, in case it wasn't clear.

Unread 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM
believe

Phil Jones has played better than average for a few months now

Unread 06-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Phil Jones has played better than average for a few months now
he did okay yesterday. but ffs the lad is not a midfielder.

play him as a centre back or at an absolute push, right back but jesus hanging him out to dry in centre mid against chelsea is not doing him any favours.

Unread 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Zorg

Chelsea are £#%&!ing £#%&! really. Scraping past a woeful United with a deflected goal near the end is £#%&!ing rubbish.

In other news, this weekend Reading scored more goals than United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, QPR, Arsenal, Swansea, city, Spurs, Southampton, West Ham and Newcastle combined.

Unread 06-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Albert Tatlock

Do you think ferie threw the match on purpose so that his mate Jose could have CL football next season ?

If Chelsea don't qualify for the CL I can't see Jose taking over.

Unread 06-05-2013, 02:05 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Do you think ferie threw the match on purpose so that his mate Jose could have CL football next season ?

If Chelsea don't qualify for the CL I can't see Jose taking over.
definitely.

Unread 06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Chelsea are £#%&!ing £#%&! really. Scraping past a woeful United with a deflected goal near the end is £#%&!ing rubbish.

In other news, this weekend Reading scored more goals than United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, QPR, Arsenal, Swansea, city, Spurs, Southampton, West Ham and Newcastle combined.
That's a terrific stat, tbh