Unread 02-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

The Moan reduced to banging on about players we've signed now

remember the days when they hung off every word of Andersred's forecasts

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:43 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Didn't he spend last summer claiming United had finished "joint top" and comparing Park to George Clooney? £#%&!er.
That was actually Richard 'The Body' Arnold.

Big Wooders aka the Equaliser is pretty quiet outside of the quarterly conference calls.

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:43 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

None of these figures include the new AON deal either.

With the Nike deal being negotiated too, they'll want a big increase on that too.

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
None of these figures include the new AON deal either.

With the Nike deal being negotiated too, they'll want a big increase on that too.
The Nike/Chevrolet deals aren't till 2014 though are they? Albeit Chevrolet pay us £11m a year for the privilege of being associated until then.

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:48 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
The Nike/Chevrolet deals aren't till 2014 though are they? Albeit Chevrolet pay us £11m a year for the privilege of being associated until then.
Barcelona recently signed a new shirt deal from next season, don't have the exact figures but recall they were nowhere near the chevrolet deal despite being of the dodgy qatari kind. Shows you how ridiculous our deal was.

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Bottom line is the whole thing is a load of money-laundering tax evading bullshit off the back of TV exposure and the figures, forecasts and speculation mean absolutely £#%&! all. This was pretty much proven once and for all by the anti-hype around the bond issue being shown up as utter %@#$&!s.

United is valued in the billions and all the bullshit deals over the past few years are the tip of the iceberg - if they wanted to pay top dollar for players and wages they would.

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
No but they can start negotiating elsewhere for a new kit deal.

Was rumours we were going to be moving to Warrior

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Richard 'The Body' Arnold....Big Wooders aka the Equaliser
Brilliant

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM
HERTS_RED

Thumbs down

One step closer to the debt payments being turned into a dividend for the glazers

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
One step closer to the debt payments being turned into a dividend for the glazers
I think we'll be glad when they are. At least we know the club's debt free and the sword of Damocles hangs over City's heads if their owners do one.

They'll take a yearly dividend and keep the club successful - they'll have to in order to maximise revenue which makes continual reinvestment inevitable. That's the good part about their ownership compared to what they did at the Buccs; we know they have to keep us at the top of the tree for them to get most out of the club.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I think we'll be glad when they are. At least we know the club's debt free and the sword of Damocles hangs over City's heads if their owners do one.

They'll take a yearly dividend and keep the club successful - they'll have to in order to maximise revenue which makes continual reinvestment inevitable. That's the good part about their ownership compared to what they did at the Buccs; we know they have to keep us at the top of the tree for them to get most out of the club.
Top three or four in the league and last 16 in CL every year would do them just fine.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Woodward said: “I wouldn’t expect there to be a major retooling of the squad.
“There is incredible depth. We could put two first teams out with 11
internationals in each. We are very
comfortable with the make-up of team and squad.”

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Top three or four in the league and last 16 in CL every year would do them just fine.
hang on, we've won 5 league titles since that line was first aired

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
never enough for The Moan.....

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:20 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
I know, and I'm sure they're delighted with how it's gone. But that is their initial target every year. As long as that's achieved, it's not a failure of a season for them.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I know, and I'm sure they're delighted with how it's gone. But that is their initial target every year. As long as that's achieved, it's not a failure of a season for them.
I doubt if you actually believe what you're typing tbh

If United finished 3rd and 4th for a couple or three years you're saying you think everyone running the club would still be happy? I can't decide for sure if you're being disingenuous or if you're just mental

I think it's the former. They've raised hundreds of millions by the continued success of the 1st team.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
I doubt if you actually believe what you're typing tbh

If United finished 3rd and 4th for a couple or three years you're saying you think everyone running the club would still be happy? I can't decide for sure if you're being disingenuous or if you're just mental

I think it's the former. They've raised hundreds of millions by the continued success of the 1st team.
Mostly the former I suppose. It's hard to know though when the only communications we get from them come in the form of quarterly accounts and briefings to investors. I wasn't just making up those targets though, they're published in the end of year accounts each year.

Unread 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Woodward said: “I wouldn’t expect there to be a major retooling of the squad.
“There is incredible depth. We could put two first teams out with 11
internationals in each. We are very
comfortable with the make-up of team and squad.”
Read that as "we have enough tools in our squad".
Closed Thread