United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:29 AM
believe

Football Is this end of Barca as we know them?

Pure dominance for the last five years and overly reliant on three players and one in particular.

Even though the drugs scandal as been mainly swept under the carpet, joking aside, is this now starting to have an impact on them?

Also, what does the future hold for them? Have they got many younger players coming through the ranks?

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:37 AM
Gruber

Thumbs up

Couldn't give a £#%&! tbh

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:39 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
Couldn't give a £#%&! tbh
I agree but I thought I get at least one thread in this week that's about football.

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:48 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I agree but I thought I get at least one thread in this week that's about football.

Good on you, lad.

FWIW I think Barca will remain as strong as always for a few years yet. Perhaps not as dominant in Europe, but certainly in Spain. The drugs thing is interesting though. The fitness of their players over the last few seasons has been incredible.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:04 AM
rafabio

a couple of signings and a good striker and they will back to being the best team in the world imo.

their youth team is also not bad. They should look to use thiago more now in midfield.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Stickman

I believe its the end. Nobody stays at the top all that long and they may have run their course hunger wise as well as mentally.

Champions League will be very open for the next few years so no doubt we'll be nowhere near the final now Barca are starting to drop off

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I believe its the end. Nobody stays at the top all that long and they may have run their course hunger wise as well as mentally.

Champions League will be very open for the next few years so no doubt we'll be nowhere near the final now Barca are starting to drop off
League and Europe could see four five teams challenging next season imo.

League depends on what City, Dippers and Arsenal do in the summer mind.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Pure dominance for the last five years and overly reliant on three players and one in particular.

Even though the drugs scandal as been mainly swept under the carpet, joking aside, is this now starting to have an impact on them?

Also, what does the future hold for them? Have they got many younger players coming through the ranks?
They have one bad tie and guess who comes along with the snide comments.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Mr Castro

They will still be strong enough to win the league in most seasons, but in Europe they won't be considered one of the first favourites for a couple of years.

They clearly need a couple of defenders. These last couple of months has shown that much. Puyol can only play limited games now, and hasn't played for months now, Pique has been poor for a while, Mascherano isn't bad but it's papering over the cracks putting him at centre half.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
They have one bad tie and guess who comes along with the snide comments.

Unread 02-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Mr_Ed

Considering they've been playing the same way since Cruyff I doubt it. They just need a decent pair of centre halves IMHO.

Unread 02-05-2013, 08:25 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Would still hope to avoid them at any cost next year. The only team that I think we really need to be concerned about. We could beat any of the other teams in the semis

Unread 02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
come on mate don't be like that it was just a joke. Jesus.

Unread 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
come on mate don't be like that it was just a joke. Jesus.
well just stop it

Unread 02-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Zorg

It all depends if they find a new supply of drugs.

Unread 02-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Is Neymar all that? He's clearly entertaining, skillful and a fine footballer but he's doing it in a league where Ronaldinho who crashed out of the spainish and then italian leagues through a lack professionalism still dazzles. A league where Brazilian journeymen who have been round the leagues of Japan, the UAE and Russia score just as frequently as he does.

He clearly has a good career ahead of him but to comapre his impact on a team to that of Messi who has stood head and shoulders above the best players in the world year on year for every match? Not overdoing it.
He needs to move this summer, NQAT, & I don't know of a more skillful player that has scored as much as he does. Some incredible goals as well. Put him into a top side where you can match him up one on one & he'll destroy defenders anywhere - all with a sense of fun.

Unread 02-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Harri Jaffa

Everything is always the end of of how you know it

Unread 02-05-2013, 09:07 AM
barca99

Typical knee jerk reaction on this place I see

Unread 02-05-2013, 09:08 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He needs to move this summer, NQAT, & I don't know of a more skillful player that has scored as much as he does. Some incredible goals as well. Put him into a top side where you can match him up one on one & he'll destroy defenders anywhere - all with a sense of fun.
Maybe, I just think that he needs to look at Kerrison and beware.

Unread 02-05-2013, 09:22 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Typical knee jerk reaction on this place I see
or a topic of discussion that's open to debate. Not one single person has said that they are but thanks for the input.
Closed Thread