United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2013, 07:32 PM
92ToBury

Default Oldskool Rules

Sorry if Hitler died while reading about this next to an article about the Titanic but it must ring true for those of us that saw Remi Moses at Old Trafford:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samjparker/f...en-youre-a-kid

Unread 30-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Ethers

Class

Unread 30-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Mr Castro

That took me back

There was this @#%&! of an old man who put a hole in our ball when we kicked it over his fence once. I was very glad when I found out he'd died.

Unread 30-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Main Man

Quality.

Darkness was the biggest killer of games.

Unread 30-04-2013, 07:48 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Main Man
Quality.

Darkness was the biggest killer of games.
Haha, yeah. I remember playing cricket on the campsite one year in Cornwall. We called it a day when the batsman couldn't tell that the ball had gone past him.

Unread 30-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Main Man

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Haha, yeah. I remember playing cricket on the campsite one year in Cornwall. We called it a day when the batsman couldn't tell that the ball had gone past him.
The losing team always continued to play even though you could barely even see anything, many a draw was offered to appease the bullies.

Unread 30-04-2013, 07:56 PM
barca99

Brilliant

Unread 30-04-2013, 07:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
There was a famous Gloucs v Lancs cup tie in the early 70s which ended in pretty much those conditions

Unread 30-04-2013, 08:06 PM
elhombre

you've missed out the, "Caaaaaaaaaar" rule;

subsection 1a: when a car enters the street of play; the first person to observe the vehicle must make the call of "caaaaaaaaaar" at which point all players must vacate the roadway, until the car has left the road. Play can then commence again from where the ball left the road prior the passing of the vehicle.

Unread 30-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
There was a famous Gloucs v Lancs cup tie in the early 70s which ended in pretty much those conditions
With the famous anecdote about Jack Bond asking about the light whereupon the umpire pointed at the moon and asked how far he wanted to be able to see

Unread 30-04-2013, 08:10 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
was at that

Unread 30-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
you've missed out the, "Caaaaaaaaaar" rule;

subsection 1a: when a car enters the street of play; the first person to observe the vehicle must make the call of "caaaaaaaaaar" at which point all players must vacate the roadway, until the car has left the road. Play can then commence again from where the ball left the road prior the passing of the vehicle.
With a slight variation on our avenue where two of the of the players have to move the nets which they've brought from their garden off the road and onto the pavement until the car has gone past

Unread 30-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Knockers

Back if you need

Unread 30-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Gruber

Excellent

Unread 30-04-2013, 11:49 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Back if you need
Still say that now.

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:00 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Thumbs up

Great read.

No mention of wally? Used to love that using the pavillion wall.

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:04 AM
taff

£#%&!ing hate heads and volleys. play a proper game or fack off.

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Hernadezred

Quote:
Similar situation, it was getting pretty dark and the bowler decided to bowl half a brick instead of the ball, nearly broke the poor £#%&!ers hands

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:17 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernadezred
Similar situation, it was getting pretty dark and the bowler decided to bowl half a brick instead of the ball, nearly broke the poor £#%&!ers hands
did anyone else try the half brick in a popped casey?

:shakehead:

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Hernadezred

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
did anyone else try the half brick in a popped casey?

:shakehead:
£#%&!! never thought of doing that but Casey's were dangerous enough with those £#%&!ing laces hitting you in the eyes.
Closed Thread