United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Main Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Under most other managers Arsenal would have dropped out of the top four by now, imo.
I agree with this also.

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Literally impossible to know how to react to this.

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Camel

Quote:
must be another book on the horizon then

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
But that's just it, he's proven (this season and with Chelsea previously) that he can handle a big money, big pressure situation.
Chelsea, okay, maybe.

But PSG? Is winning that league (which he didn't last year, despite taking over when they were top) really a significant achievement?

I'd argue finishing above Chelsea and Spurs with Arsenal is more difficult than PSG finishing above anyone in France.

Arsenal should hold on to Wenger until they've got some money. Then move on.

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Main Man

Quote:
Chelsea, okay, maybe.

But PSG? Is winning that league (which he didn't last year, despite taking over when they were top) really a significant achievement?

I'd argue finishing above Chelsea and Spurs with Arsenal is more difficult than PSG finishing above anyone in France.

Arsenal should hold on to Wenger until they've got some money. Then move on.
They've struggled for the most part this year in French league which is beyond belief considering what they've spent, only the past month or so where they have pulled clear.

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Main Man
They've struggled for the most part this year in French league which is beyond belief considering what they've spent, only the past month or so where they have pulled clear.
They spent about £130m last summer and their closest competitors have Joey Barton in midfield. It's a dream job.

Did well against Barca, tbf.

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:28 AM
Main Man

Quote:
They spent about £130m last summer and their closest competitors have Joey Barton in midfield. It's a dream job.

Did well against Barca, tbf.
Yeah they did, probably saved up energy all year to do so. Lazy rich bastards.

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Grimson

Quote:

I would agree - let's see if that happens first.

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:45 AM
BossOfAllMen

Come on, Wenger is a better manager than Ancelotti.

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Barcabal

Mourinho going to PSG would be good for a few years. You know he wants the Utd job and Fergie will allow it. I said while drunk to a few friends would Mourinho come to Utd as assistant if needed to get the job? I think he would, if offered. Promote from within or get the best out there? Giggs or Jose

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossOfAllMen
Come on, Wenger is a better manager than Ancelotti.
Why?

Ancelotti's won the Champions League twice, including a league and CL double. He won a Premier League and FA Cup double in 2 seasons in England. He's won the Club World Cup.

Why is it a given Wenger is better than him?

Unread 30-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Blagger

Thumbs up

Good to see the recent influx of Galactico Sages returning to the forum

Unread 30-04-2013, 04:27 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Why?

Ancelotti's won the Champions League twice, including a league and CL double. He won a Premier League and FA Cup double in 2 seasons in England. He's won the Club World Cup.

Why is it a given Wenger is better than him?
Let's be honest here... Those 2 champions league were pretty lucky. In 2003, they were a pretty average team, juventus were clearly better in the final (without nedved) and won it on penalties.

let's not go into 2005.

in 2007 again they were terribly average and lucky to win it. Liverpool were better in the final.

Neither did he do that great a job at chelsea. They were clearly better than all teams in the league yet won the league over us by a point (remember all those points that they gathered with ref's help ) and generally awful in CL in the 2 years. Hiddink and matteo both took similar sides to much higher level in CL.

He is looking over the hill at PSG. Struggling in ligue 1 (ligue 1 ffs where the second team doesn't have the same budget as premier league's relegated teams). A 2-2 draw at home to barca (who were beaten 3-0 by Milan and 4-0 by barcelona) is not a great result... not to mention they have been incredibly boring to watch.

PSG would do well to get wenger. I hope they don't. @#%&!s.

Unread 30-04-2013, 04:38 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Let's be honest here... Those 2 champions league were pretty lucky. In 2003, they were a pretty average team, juventus were clearly better in the final (without nedved) and won it on penalties.

let's not go into 2005.

in 2007 again they were terribly average and lucky to win it. Liverpool were better in the final.

Neither did he do that great a job at chelsea. They were clearly better than all teams in the league yet won the league over us by a point (remember all those points that they gathered with ref's help ) and generally awful in CL in the 2 years. Hiddink and matteo both took similar sides to much higher level in CL.

He is looking over the hill at PSG. Struggling in ligue 1 (ligue 1 ffs where the second team doesn't have the same budget as premier league's relegated teams). A 2-2 draw at home to barca (who were beaten 3-0 by Milan and 4-0 by barcelona) is not a great result... not to mention they have been incredibly boring to watch.

Football's about winning. I'd rather won what Ancelotti has than what Wenger has.

Unread 30-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Main Man

Quote:

let's not go into 2005.

This guy knows his apples.

Unread 30-04-2013, 05:00 AM
believe

Quote:
This guy knows his apples.

Unread 30-04-2013, 05:42 AM
Main Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Eh? It's a good post?

Unread 30-04-2013, 08:31 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

let's not go into 2005.

Yeah, but apaaart from that....

Unread 30-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Eh? It's a good post?

agree w/Grimmers re: Ancellotti has a more impressive cv but rafio makes some good points tbf

Unread 30-04-2013, 10:17 AM
andyroo

Imagine Big Zlat and Wenger

And he thought Guardiola was a boy scout.
Closed Thread