United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
The Return of JC

Default Owen Hargreaves

I'm a little worried about his fitness.

I assumed he would be fine for the weekend at least because he failed a late test on Saturday. But the fact that he's been ruled out of tomorrow's game two days before the match perhaps implies that it's a little more serious?

If he's struggling to get fit now he must be a major doubt for an early Saturday K.O.

Considering Everton's form and the individual form form of Osman, Arteta and co - Hargreaves is going to be very important for us at the weekend.

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
MUFC One Love

Yeah, plays when we don't need him, i.e Sunderland at home but the games we need him he isn't fit.

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Iamdaniel

no worries

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yeah, plays when we don't need him, i.e Sunderland at home but the games we need him he isn't fit.
Really? He isn't fit for Everton you say? Are we playing Satdee or tomorrow?

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Really? He isn't fit for Everton you say? Are we playing Satdee or tomorrow?
I was speaking broadly. I can't see him playing Saturday dinner time if he has been sent home from England now.

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Baron

tendonitis isn't something that gets better either apparently. Lets hope he's taking his cod liver oil capsules.

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I was speaking broadly. I can't see him playing Saturday dinner time if he has been sent home from England now.
Ah I see, so you're either psychic or you are having a pop at Hargreaves for missing a game he hasn't missed yet? Gloomy.

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

You have to admit it's a bit concerning for Saturday if he's been ruled out of the last two games.

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Mr_Ed

Fergus would have pulled the plug. I reckon he'll start on Sat.

Even if he doesn't we've still got Carrick and Scholes.

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
You have to admit it's a bit concerning for Saturday if he's been ruled out of the last two games.
A bit yes. Still he failed the fitness test yesterday, Monday, who's to say he can't get fit by Satdee. Oh and I'm not sure what the mid-day kick off matters? Would he be much more likely to be fit 3 hours later?

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:02 AM
MUFC One Love

It's less time to prepare and a different routine etc.

I'm a big fan of Hargreaves. I just think he's going to miss quite a few games we need him in then be fit for games where he will be doing side ways passes when there is 5 of them at the back marking 1 striker at O.T.

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
It's less time to prepare and a different routine etc.

I'm a big fan of Hargreaves. I just think he's going to miss quite a few games we need him in then be fit for games where he will be doing side ways passes when there is 5 of them at the back marking 1 striker at O.T.
It's 3 hours less to prepare. He has to get up earlier than normal. I don't think that's gonna have a big influence.

I'm gonna wait and see how many games he misses rather than have a pop about him missing games he is yet to miss.

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
MUFC One Love

OK Bedders.

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
OK Bedders.

Great response to a perfectly valid response to your dummy spitting at Hargreaves missing a game he's yet to miss.

"Yeah, plays when we don't need him, i.e Sunderland at home but the games we need him he isn't fit."

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
MUFC One Love

Chill out Bedders it's only a forum. All I said was the way it's going he isn't going to be fit when we need him. For the price it could be a bit of a gamble. It pissed me off against Sunderland don't even know why he was playing that role, why didn't we play him at right back instead so we have some width?

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Chill out Bedders it's only a forum. All I said was the way it's going he isn't going to be fit when we need him. For the price it could be a bit of a gamble. It pissed me off against Sunderland don't even know why he was playing that role, why didn't we play him at right back instead so we have some width?
I'm perfectly chilled and I know it's a forum. That's why I'm responding in pefectly reasonable fashion to your post, I can't help it if you only want favourable responses and react poorly if you don't get 'em. As to what you've just said, I think you should chill out, the game is days away and he may or may not be fit. Oh and i'd iomagine he didn't play right back 'cos he's a central midfielder and Fergie probbly prefers him to play there

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:26 AM
MUFC One Love

I've heard Fergie say a few times about preparation a few times for early kick offs. I didn't even fully mean that, I meant with it being a early kick off it might play on the minds of the medical team and Fergie not to play him.

Hargreaves has played at right back before and would have been more useful there, Brown is woeful at right back these days and Hargreaves was just wasted sat in front of back 4 again Kenywen £#%&!ing Jones.

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:30 AM
puressence

how many times do players pull out of internationals omly to play saturday

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
how many times do players pull out of internationals omly to play saturday
I'd agree, but to pull out of 2 games. I get the feeling that he's gonna be playing with a lot of niggles for us basically which is no good. Seems very injury prone.

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:33 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Is this the Owen Hargreaves who played less games in the last 2 seasons that Saha played in the last one?
Closed Thread