United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Denis Irwell

There used to be the "United Verdict" (and one for the berts) which was a quick summary of the game on the front page next to the main stories

Smell of linament when the players came out onto the pitch

Unread 25-01-2014, 11:19 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Spot the ball

i remember they used to have that on the back of the pools coupons. i always got my dad to send it off for me. you used to be able to buy stickers with big blocks of crosses on them

Unread 25-01-2014, 11:26 PM
den

the pink, used go back into town after the football and head home about 7ish, someone would always leave a copy on the bus ...great times..

Unread 26-01-2014, 06:49 AM
shenwen

Quote:
It was Salford mate

remember the big van on the forecourt. That, the smell of cheap burgers and the end is nigh bloke are some of my strongest OT memories from being a kid.

How the £#%&! did they get the pink printed up and on sale so fast? 80s equivalent of the internet

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Denis Irwell

it was all pre-printed barring the stop-press printed results on a mobile printer

Matts Pure Hamburgers - utter crap unless you'd been on the piss and had nowt else to eat and smothered the anaemic shite in onions and tomato sauce beautiful

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:36 AM
no fun

Did the pink used to get printed in the summer months ?

Seem to remember it printed the Australian football results

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

yep - exactly right

it was a thinner version with Australian football for the summer pools and cricket - no football. Crap. Never bothered with it

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:57 AM
fergieslovechild

I think I've still got the pink from the night we clinched the first prem title in 93.

Got giddy and bought all the papers n stuff.

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:58 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
I think I've still got the pink from the night we clinched the first prem title in 93.

Me n all

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:

remember it being sold at a pretty boisterous semi final (I think) b/w Lancs and Yorks years ago so think it was. Got a vague recollection a Yorkshire fan died at OT after falling at the match. All a bit hazy though

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild

did the same, got em all!

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Denis Irwell

Got one from when we clinched the title in '57 - tabloid back then. My old metalwork teacher gave it us.

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:45 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Got one from when we clinched the title in '57 - tabloid back then. My old metalwork teacher gave it us.
Oh yeah....was it a hush pink?

Unread 26-01-2014, 05:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
remember it being sold at a pretty boisterous semi final (I think) b/w Lancs and Yorks years ago so think it was. Got a vague recollection a Yorkshire fan died at OT after falling at the match. All a bit hazy though
Was that the 1996 one which went into a second day? Was there for the first part
Closed Thread