United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Child of Darkness

Bit before my time tbh ,

My first game

24 August 1977 Coventry City H 2 – 1 Hill, McCreery 55,726

My brother was 3 ! Stretford paddock , very sunny day as I recall . I developed my love for Stevie coppell from then

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:50 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
me too. always struck me as a right bitter old @#%&!.
he had every right considering they sacked him.

Unread 09-12-2013, 10:00 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
First side I remember, first game was Derby away with the old fella, £#%&! knows why?! Gerry daly scored a pen. Main memory of the Doc is of him hammering Fergie on Piccadilly radio, in the late 80s. Honestly reckon he believed he'd get the job again round that time
I remember Docherty slagging Cantona on Piccadilly along with that @#%&!stain Willie Morgan after the kung £#%&!ick and for that i can never forgive him.

He's a @#%&!.

Unread 09-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Denis Irwell

Morgan.....had a weekly column in the Pink - always trying to convince everyone how he left George for dead in training. £#%&!er. Had a good song, decent player but what a @#%&!.

The Doc copped a lot of stick for doing the dirty work that Busby, O'Farrell and Sexton didn't have the bollox to do. Could've done it better but most reds from that period remember him fondly. Obviously bitter about his dismissal but a lot of fans were too.

Unread 09-12-2013, 10:55 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Morgan.....had a weekly column in the Pink - always trying to convince everyone how he left George for dead in training. £#%&!er. Had a good song, decent player but what a @#%&!.

The Doc copped a lot of stick for doing the dirty work that Busby, O'Farrell and Sexton didn't have the bollox to do. Could've done it better but most reds from that period remember him fondly. Obviously bitter about his dismissal but a lot of fans were too.
He did some dirty work on the physio's wife nqat.

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Zorg

I remember his hatred of Pallister on James H Reeve's show. Every week, 'he's not a United player'.

I'd have loved to have watched United when he was manager though.

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Denis Irwell

aye, we were on a high after beating the "treble winners" at Wembley and it all went to shite. Was all a bit of a shock really - that cup win was the best thing since '68. Then we got Sexton and "respectability".

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:13 AM
elephantstone

he was on 30k a year at united and the sunday people were paying him 32k a year for a weekly column.

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
he was on 30k a year at united and the sunday people were paying him 32k a year for a weekly column.
who, Doc?

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:33 AM
dodger

He was manager when i first supported United so that makes me a bit biased towards him, I reckon he put together a top side though and they might have gone to even more sucess. Sexton £#%&!ed them up.
Docherty did become a bitter £#%&!ing rentagob though

Unread 09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I remember his hatred of Pallister on James H Reeve's show. Every week, 'he's not a United player'.

I'd have loved to have watched United when he was manager though.
as much as he should have shut the £#%&! up talking shite - at least he wasn't towing the party line and saying nothing about no one and stealing a wage from it

Unread 09-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That is the officially approved version, of course. There are others
so what are the other versions Riccers?

Unread 09-12-2013, 03:35 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
who, Doc?
yeah the doc

Unread 09-12-2013, 07:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
What the £#%&! must he think of bogbrush head?

Unread 09-12-2013, 08:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
so what are the other versions Riccers?
They involve money. Let's leave it at that
Closed Thread