United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2007, 10:38 PM
The Trooper

Mine worst one, not played for 6years, so I joined a team through an ex bird, Her brother played for them. Trained like a cheetah on speed for about 8 weeks, gets put in the team as a sub.

Anyway, the game gets going and the team i'm in is getting hammered.

Half time, 6-1 down. second half and its a different story, they get their first wind and pull it back to 6-4, then, star player gets injured and i'm the only sub about, the other had gone for a piss.

I get on, sets myself in the middle, and goes for a 50-50, take the opposition star out of the game with a belting cruncher, nothing wrong with it, but they've got no sub to come on. Excellent. down to 10 men.

About 5 mins after this our winger is off on a run so I place myself far side of the pitch on the corner of the box, he puts the cross in and I can see it missing everyone. so, me being £#%&!IN SUPERMAN!!!!launch myself for the ball, even though its about 20 yards away, miss it completely, and snap my ankle.... queue all the worried looks, and I'm carried off. So, not knowing how bad it was, I'm sat on the touchline feeling sorry for myself, match ends, everyone heads for the changing room/cars, and £#%&!s off. I've driven myself there - Near Huddersfield from Manchester.

I'll leave the rest to your imagination. Apart from the fact that it needed 2 pins in my ankle.

Another one. Not me this time but it deserves a mention.

Playing for the school team at the infamous Sewer Pitches in Longsight.

It was the worst I'd ever seen it, the only grass was about a 3ft sqaure patch in the corner! Games at 2-1 for us with about 5 mins to go and the other school get a penalty from a corner that the centre back caught anyway they £#%&! and fanny around for so long that by the time they took the corner, our keeper was stuck solid in the mud.... and the shot was that soft it only ust made it over the line

Unread 31-03-2007, 10:49 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That seems a perfectly safe and reasonable assumption. Can't believe it went wrong for you.

neither could my goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
That is disgraceful.
i made up for it by scoring a winner a couple of weeks later ...a header from the edge of the box to secure a promotion spot

funnily enough....i found a pound coin on the pitch during that match too

Unread 31-03-2007, 10:50 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
Your football embarrassment
i must confess........i used to have the city away kit

anyone remember it ??? ...blue top with a diagonal white and red stripe

Unread 01-04-2007, 12:32 PM
HarkNowHear

had the Palace version of that for some reason
Closed Thread