United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-01-2024, 04:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
wtf has sexual preference got to do with?

Might as well list how many sugars they have in their tea

Unread 22-01-2024, 04:25 PM
goldfinger II

He is basically a clickbait generator, and a @#%&!.

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:05 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:06 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
He is basically a clickbait generator, and a @#%&!.
scouse Katie Hopkins

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:19 PM
suedeshoes

One of the positive replies comes from a fella who's bio says "Mum, Family, Football, Boxing, Racing, Music, Food, Banter".

What a guy.

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:38 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
One of the positive replies comes from a fella who's bio says "Mum, Family, Football, Boxing, Racing, Music, Food, Banter".

What a guy.
United. Kids. Wife.

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

What a guy.
Is his mum not a part of his family?

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:47 PM
Sheik JaBooty

What if it's banter about his mum? Priority, or not so much I wonder?

Unread 22-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:

What a guy.
Imagine what it's like round his on Boxing Day? Family, food, music, his mum with football and the racing on in the background. Off the scale!

Unread 22-01-2024, 06:24 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Imagine what it's like round his on Boxing Day? Family, food, music, his mum with football and the racing on in the background. Off the scale!
Ironically, it’s his least favourite day of the year. His family (including his mum) have all taken a vow of silence so on this, the only occasion they meet together every year, it’s a banter-free zone.

Unread 22-01-2024, 09:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It’s been going on for years. It’s such an obvious and pathetic deflection tactic.

There was a period when if you had a Tory and Labour debate on something - if the Tory was struggling or couldn’t answer then they would divert to asking Labour about whether a person born a man could ever be referred to as a woman.

And Labour rather than say stfu, used to get dragged into it.

There are obviously genuine issues around gender politics and racism but what we shouldn’t entertain is #@&%!s like Barton and Robinson polluting the issues further.
But it would be extremely easy to nip that in the bud definitely by replying 'no'.
Easy. Nothing to get 'dragged in' to.

That question, just like 'can a woman have a #@&%!?', might seem like a silly distraction or trap - and I do wish those asking them would home in on more pressing issues - but they are important.

It's not a test of knowledge but of integrity: what it is asking is if the person is willing to state the truth, openly and honestly, no matter what people say? Everyone knows the answers.

Personally I want to know if the people I might vote for are on the side of free speech and truth, or if they are on the side that hounds women from their jobs (Jo Phoenix - great result in court today though), destroys their livelihoods (Rachel Rooney, Rosie Kay), puts a man in charge of a rape shelter and lets him belittle and abuse rape victims (Mridul Wadhwa). That places men in women's prisons, lets men invade women's sport (too many examples to cite) and of course encourages young girls to have healthy body parts sliced off (Keira Bell).

It's very easy for us as men to sit here dismissing women's rights as some silly, polarising distraction from 'real issues'. Imagine a rape victim who goes to counselling service and when she says she can only bear to be helped by a woman, she's called a bigot and told to 'reframe her trauma'.
And then when she contacts her MP to ask if he supports this, he refuses to discuss it and tells her she's being silly, or worse, she's a hateful bigot.

These things are all happening, and that's why MPs are being challenged to state their position by answering a simple question. So far they have an abysmal record - very few of them have the slightest integrity regardless of the party.

As for Barton, I can see the argument that women haven't played at the same level so aren't really speaking from a position of authority on the men's game.

And yet I just don't really care about pundits in general. Look at Jenas, Merson and Gobby Agbonlahor ffs. They're an absolute embarrassment and I couldn't give a shite what they have to say.

Unread 22-01-2024, 09:46 PM
silv

nothing wrong with big gabz

Unread 22-01-2024, 10:06 PM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
But it would be extremely easy to nip that in the bud definitely by replying 'no'.
Easy. Nothing to get 'dragged in' to.

That question, just like 'can a woman have a #@&%!?', might seem like a silly distraction or trap - and I do wish those asking them would home in on more pressing issues - but they are important.

It's not a test of knowledge but of integrity: what it is asking is if the person is willing to state the truth, openly and honestly, no matter what people say? Everyone knows the answers.

Personally I want to know if the people I might vote for are on the side of free speech and truth, or if they are on the side that hounds women from their jobs (Jo Phoenix - great result in court today though), destroys their livelihoods (Rachel Rooney, Rosie Kay), puts a man in charge of a rape shelter and lets him belittle and abuse rape victims (Mridul Wadhwa). That places men in women's prisons, lets men invade women's sport (too many examples to cite) and of course encourages young girls to have healthy body parts sliced off (Keira Bell).

It's very easy for us as men to sit here dismissing women's rights as some silly, polarising distraction from 'real issues'. Imagine a rape victim who goes to counselling service and when she says she can only bear to be helped by a woman, she's called a bigot and told to 'reframe her trauma'.
And then when she contacts her MP to ask if he supports this, he refuses to discuss it and tells her she's being silly, or worse, she's a hateful bigot.

These things are all happening, and that's why MPs are being challenged to state their position by answering a simple question. So far they have an abysmal record - very few of them have the slightest integrity regardless of the party.

As for Barton, I can see the argument that women haven't played at the same level so aren't really speaking from a position of authority on the men's game.

And yet I just don't really care about pundits in general. Look at Jenas, Merson and Gobby Agbonlahor ffs. They're an absolute embarrassment and I couldn't give a shite what they have to say.
Excellent post.

This is one of the actual hot topics. Nobody gives a shit about PPE other than some headbangers who are probably now on ‘Threads’.

Joey has this covered though, and the agenda we’re setting is now clear. Even the BBC are giving up. In 2021, a re-make of the Gladiators would have had at least one fella in a wig masquerading as a female athlete.

Unread 22-01-2024, 10:37 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Rimmer
Excellent post.

This is one of the actual hot topics. Nobody gives a shit about PPE other than some headbangers who are probably now on ‘Threads’.

Joey has this covered though, and the agenda we’re setting is now clear. Even the BBC are giving up. In 2021, a re-make of the Gladiators would have had at least one fella in a wig masquerading as a female athlete.

Unread 23-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Dacter

Quote:
, puts a man in charge of a rape shelter and lets him belittle and abuse rape victims (Mridul Wadhwa).
Just read that link. £#%&!ing hell it made me angry.

Unread 23-01-2024, 12:16 AM
suedeshoes

Tbf, the news channels don't use murderers to discuss murder or clouds to discuss rain. Barton and his acolytes 'comparisons' are just facile whining based on bitterness.

Although if they want someone to discuss @#%&!s he'd be a go to guy

Unread 23-01-2024, 12:21 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Just read that link. £#%&!ing hell it made me angry.
The backlash against this shit is going to be £#%&!ing biblical. And you can bet your life it will come, because the vast majority of people will not stand for this for much longer. Rest assured in decades to come there will be investigations and weedling apologies to do with all this. It will be a shameful chapter in western history.

Unread 23-01-2024, 07:50 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Better preface this with saying there's certainly an overreach in terms of trans issues, and too much importance on pronouns (both left and right). Personally I'm in the 'couldn't give a shit' camp. My nieces were into their pronouns last year and my view was 'that's lovely, but don't expect me to remember, or care if I get it wrong'. The overreach will correct itself in time, but there's going to be lots of things that society gets wrong before it gets mostly everything right and unfortunately there's going to be individuals that fall victim to that.

This isn't aimed specifically at Zorg, but what does irk me a bit is when people discussing trans issue bring up womens rights as the stick to beat the trans issue over the head with. There's a lot of women in my family, 2 sisters, 3 step-sisters, 2 sisters by marriage, my mother and a step-mum etc etc...

The women I'm related to by blood or marriage have been raped, sexually assaulted, stalked, abused verbally, abused emotionally, abused physically and abused financially. All of these acts were carried out by straight men. From all the women in my family, not one has had any issue with a trans women. They know trans women, they interact with trans women, but not one has had any sort of issue with trans women. No assaults, no abuse, no times they feel as though their rights have been infringed upon when it relates to the trans debate.

There are real issues with womens rights, but the majority of them are as a result of actions by men in general. My wife doesn't earn less than a less qualified man in the same role because of trans women. My sisters rapist wasn't let off because of a trans women. My other sister wasn't stalked for weeks on end because of a trans woman.

It would be easier to take concerns about womens rights in the trans debate more seriously if the same people expressing those concerns put as much energy into calling out the No.1 reason womens rights are infringed upon, which is men in general. But the only time I really see men have a keen interest in womens rights and want to take some sort of stand is when the trans debate is brought up. Any other time it is labelled as hysterical, woke, virtue signalling, white knighting, positive discrimination box ticking.

There's so much anger and backlash against a small cases of awful injustices that relate to the trans debate, but for the most part a blind eye to systemic injustices against women on an industrial scale when it can't be blamed on anything to do with trans.

Not to mention, there's a lot of people that like to use womens rights as one of their reasons in opposition in the trans debate that are at the same time championing back into the most powerful office in the world a man that led his political party to carry out one of the biggest setbacks of womens rights in a developed country in modern history. And most are doing it just for the memes. That's another one that's difficult to make any real sense out of.

And I don't expect this to go down too well in a forum mainly populated by straight men

Unread 23-01-2024, 08:31 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Better preface this with saying there's certainly an overreach in terms of trans issues, and too much importance on pronouns (both left and right). Personally I'm in the 'couldn't give a shit' camp. My nieces were into their pronouns last year and my view was 'that's lovely, but don't expect me to remember, or care if I get it wrong'. The overreach will correct itself in time, but there's going to be lots of things that society gets wrong before it gets mostly everything right and unfortunately there's going to be individuals that fall victim to that.

This isn't aimed specifically at Zorg, but what does irk me a bit is when people discussing trans issue bring up womens rights as the stick to beat the trans issue over the head with. There's a lot of women in my family, 2 sisters, 3 step-sisters, 2 sisters by marriage, my mother and a step-mum etc etc...

The women I'm related to by blood or marriage have been raped, sexually assaulted, stalked, abused verbally, abused emotionally, abused physically and abused financially. All of these acts were carried out by straight men. From all the women in my family, not one has had any issue with a trans women. They know trans women, they interact with trans women, but not one has had any sort of issue with trans women. No assaults, no abuse, no times they feel as though their rights have been infringed upon when it relates to the trans debate.

There are real issues with womens rights, but the majority of them are as a result of actions by men in general. My wife doesn't earn less than a less qualified man in the same role because of trans women. My sisters rapist wasn't let off because of a trans women. My other sister wasn't stalked for weeks on end because of a trans woman.

It would be easier to take concerns about womens rights in the trans debate more seriously if the same people expressing those concerns put as much energy into calling out the No.1 reason womens rights are infringed upon, which is men in general. But the only time I really see men have a keen interest in womens rights and want to take some sort of stand is when the trans debate is brought up. Any other time it is labelled as hysterical, woke, virtue signalling, white knighting, positive discrimination box ticking.

There's so much anger and backlash against a small cases of awful injustices that relate to the trans debate, but for the most part a blind eye to systemic injustices against women on an industrial scale when it can't be blamed on anything to do with trans.

Not to mention, there's a lot of people that like to use womens rights as one of their reasons in opposition in the trans debate that are at the same time championing back into the most powerful office in the world a man that led his political party to carry out one of the biggest setbacks of womens rights in a developed country in modern history. And most are doing it just for the memes. That's another one that's difficult to make any real sense out of.

And I don't expect this to go down too well in a forum mainly populated by straight men
contradict yourself here

a lot of trans are straight men. just in a wig

Unread 23-01-2024, 08:44 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
contradict yourself here

a lot of trans are straight men. just in a wig
No I don't, from personal experience in my family, it's been straight men.

But the issue is men in general. Whether they're in a wig, or calling a man in a wig 'mentally ill'. Men in general are the biggest problem to women. Not all male teachers will abuse their position, but some will. Not all men on a night out will date rape women, but some will. Not all 'men in a wig' will abuse the trans issue to take advantage of women, but some will.