United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
wait to you fly air asia - ram it right down your throat, trying to flog shirts and shite on the plane all you get is people rolling their eyes. I saw a plane yesterday painted red with with pictures of ronaldo on it.

I'm in malaysia right now and went to planet hollywood to watch the villa game. They had a big outdoor screen showing the match so i sat and watched the game over some chow and some beer. A bloke walks by with a united shirt on completely oblivious to the fact that united were playing a cup game right then and there and on the big screen that he just walked past! and he calls himself a united fan. agh!. This is the new breed of red.
So because one bloke thousands of miles away from Manchester who happened to be in a United shirt wasn't interested in the game, this is the case for all the 'new breed of red'? Right. Nice work Sherlock.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
So because one bloke thousands of miles away from Manchester who happened to be in a United shirt wasn't interested in the game, this is the case for all the 'new breed of red'? Right. Nice work Sherlock.
have you been to OT recently?

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Tropical

Default They're just

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
It's why I support Al Queda
the Chelsea of the Sunni leagues.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Have you?

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Father Christmas

Thumbs down

Quote:
I have very little affinity with the majority of fans these days. Sky watching soccer am spouting no nowts with £#%&! all in common with me.

I despise the owners.

I can't stand the directors/executives - two faced @#%&!s.

I've lost respect for the manager.

The players on the whole don't mean much too me anymore - with a few honourable exceptions.

The club makes me vomit- just a cash grabbing souless corporate entity . It is nothing like the club I supported as a lad .

The "match day experiance" is overated and over priced . Even the euroways are populated by annoying @#%&!s these days- the last bastion of the away day ruined.

My united is dead . Glazer just switched the life support machine off.

And you wonder why I go to Fc.
wum

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Ether

Quote:
Yes thanks. Would you like to see my pictures?

Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
You're right, new breed of red was the wrong words - new breed of football fan would be more apt at least here in asia...

King Schlong

You have made your choice. Now can you stop slagging off OUR manager and OUR club and concentrate on supporting YOUR team .

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Red Issue is BACK!

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:02 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
wait to you fly air asia - ram it right down your throat, trying to flog shirts and shite on the plane all you get is people rolling their eyes. I saw a plane yesterday painted red with with pictures of ronaldo on it.

I'm in malaysia right now and went to planet hollywood to watch the villa game. They had a big outdoor screen showing the match so i sat and watched the game over some chow and some beer. A bloke walks by with a united shirt on completely oblivious to the fact that united were playing a cup game right then and there and on the big screen that he just walked past! and he calls himself a united fan. agh!. This is the new breed of red.
I dont suppose it crossed your mind that he now supports FC and as a result has little in common with Manchester United Football Club?

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Red Issue is BACK!

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
You have made your choice. Now can you stop slagging off OUR manager and OUR club and concentrate on supporting YOUR team .

the truth hurts eh?

the fact is a large percentage of you ordinary lads are going to be priced out in the next few seasons as uncle malc seeks to pay off the bankers.. then maybe you be as angry as I am about what has happened to Football in general but United in particular

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
I dont suppose it crossed your mind that he now supports FC and as a result has little in common with Manchester United Football Club?
No but i did actually have an FC United shirt on. make of that what you will.

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
No but i did actually have an FC United shirt on. make of that what you will.
That explains it. He probably thought YOU were watching FC United

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Sparky***

We'll never die
We'll never die
We'll never die
We'll never die
Unless some big fank yank takes over
And then we will die and I'll whinge all day

Doesn't quite go, does it?

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Billy Baroo

codders is talking about HIS decision, not slagging you off for YOURS

splitter, codders, hehe

lets not turn this into a slanging match

there are plenty elements i can't stand but at the end of the day they are my team and they always will be. i could hate them and still go...there is something paradoxical about being a fan anyway

what happened to the paradoxical frog?

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:18 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
the truth hurts eh?

the fact is a large percentage of you ordinary lads are going to be priced out in the next few seasons as uncle malc seeks to pay off the bankers.. then maybe you be as angry as I am about what has happened to Football in general but United in particular
I do agree with some of your points if not most about the state of football as a whole . When i get priced out and i do expect to be priced out in the near future then i will go to the pub with my mates and watch the games there, while trying to get to as many games as possible . Tickets were always going to go up sooner or later, Glazer or not. We are still relativly cheap compared to most premier league clubs and that is a fact. Would the ticket prices have gone up as much as there planning to raise them over the next few years ? Probably not, but it was always a case of when, and not if, people like me would be priced out anyway.

Let me just get something straight here, my point isn't about you £#%&!ing off to watch another club as everybody needs there football fix right ?

My point is you now support another club and you dont feel the love for united anymore ( your words ) . You have walked away yet you still feel you have the right to slag off OUR club, OUR manager when you gave that right away mate when you walked with the rest of them .

I have more to say but im stopping there, as these sort of debates have a knack of pissing me right off .

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:22 PM
gbmufc

I find that viewing things paradoxically tends to contradict the way I see things and as such I often find the conclusion somewhat illogical.

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
They're just the Chelsea of the Sunni leagues.
*groan*

hackney marsh-allah.

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Default It's about personal choice

And I have way too much history to simply give up the season ticket because some dwarf yank drops in uninvited from nowhere - but I won't even buy a cup of tea let alone a Giggs duvet or £#%&!ing MUTV. Ticket only. Not a penny more.

My small protest but one that if every match going red followed would have the septics revising their business plan somewhat hastily.

Knew the game was up when I saw the number of new away shirts at the first home game last year.

People can bitch about the mixed reaction to the takeover but it rates highly when compared to Chelsea, Villa and the Dippers all rolling over like puppies waiting for their tummies to be tickled.
Closed Thread