United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
And Aguero has 30, Salah 31 and Kane 35. And all played fewer games than Lukaku.

He's done well to score today but acting like he's been unfairly judged is a bit much.
All three of those players in sides that create far more chances than us. And two have been established in their team for a while now.

I think the judgement is fair in terms of failing to turn up in big games and not offering enough with his back to goal, but the goals return is not befitting of a player getting the mockery from some fans that he's getting.

To listen to some, he's been considered a failure. He's going to get 30 goals for the season.

As an aside, as good as Kane is, he misses an awful lot of chances. Missed four today before he scored. Missed three against us and fluffed one penalty at Anfield.

He scores a brilliant range of goals, but he's not that clinical. He's no more clinical than Lukaku.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
All three of those players in sides that create far more chances than us. And two have been established in their team for a while now.

I think the judgement is fair in terms of failing to turn up in big games and not offering enough with his back to goal, but the goals return is not befitting of a player getting the mockery from some fans that he's getting.

To listen to some, he's been considered a failure. He's going to get 30 goals for the season.

As an aside, as good as Kane is, he misses an awful lot of chances. Missed four today before he scored. Missed three against us and fluffed one penalty at Anfield.

He scores a brilliant range of goals, but he's not that clinical. He's no more clinical than Lukaku.
They are both clinical enough, it is the rest of their game that creates the gap between them. Don't think many have focused on criticizing Lukaku's finishing, he has missed a few, who doesn't?. Massive step in the right direction today with other parts of his game.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
They are both clinical enough, it is the rest of their game that creates the gap between them. Don't think many have focused on criticizing Lukaku's finishing, he has missed a few, who doesn't?. Massive step in the right direction today with other parts of his game.
Agreed on their all round game.

I think he's got a shit load of stick for his finishing. Case in point on Wednesday night. Not an easy chance and his only chance..

Lukaku is an odd one. He has a good amount of assists. And good ones too. Like today, like at Burnley. Where he works hard and shows good vision and execution. It's the basics he struggles with: back to goal, first touch, holding players off....And stuff you feel he should excel at.

He looks awkward too. He's not the nicest player to look at and everything looks cumbersome, even when it isn't.

He's been good in recent weeks though. He's working harder and today he was more aggressive and positive.

It felt like his first proper big perofmance for us. Scored, assisted and generally caused headaches.

He should be doing it more often.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

The lines are fine. In the modern game the top sides have a guy up top who gets 40 plus in all comps. Lukaku's problem isn't that he's a poor player, just that he's probably not quite as good as we need. He's on 13 league goals I believe, so he's likely to record an underwhelming total, especially given he got 7 in his first 7 games or something in the league.

I'd like to see him prove himself as he seems a good lad who speaks well about always wanting to improve and be a team player. But there's a harsh reality being centre-forward for United. You're either good enough and worthy or you're not. Almost isn't enough.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
The lines are fine. In the modern game the top sides have a guy up top who gets 40 plus in all comps. Lukaku's problem isn't that he's a poor player, just that he's probably not quite as good as we need. He's on 13 league goals I believe, so he's likely to record an underwhelming total, especially given he got 7 in his first 7 games or something in the league.

I'd like to see him prove himself as he seems a good lad who speaks well about always wanting to improve and be a team player. But there's a harsh reality being centre-forward for United. You're either good enough and worthy or you're not. Almost isn't enough.
I'm saying the LEVEL of criticism isn't right. He's pegged (by AbUs mainly, but still...) as a failure. Donkey, lump, roll out the Top 6 stats etc, but the numbers don't reflect it.

I expect he'll be around 20 for the league and 30 for the season. Those numbers really couldn't be considered a failure, even if they could and should be more.

Yes, you are either are good enough and worthy or you're not....but it can take a while to find out. As long as he's been around, he's still relatively young and this is his first big shot at a big club, in a season where we've been disjointed, at best..

I agree about him though. He seems like a good lad who is probably less confident than he gives off..He's working harder to get better and you can't say fairer than that.. goals are starting to flow and if he can continue it into the next few weeks then that 'big few games coming up for him' we mentioned before the sevilla game this week could be a turning point for him.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Fantastic result today and some superb performances from Matic Lukaku and Pogba...hope all the £#%&!ing #@&%!s on here who have been slagging Mourinho enjoyed it as much as I did

Shower of £#%&!ing #@&%!s
why so angry, laddy?

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'm saying the LEVEL of criticism isn't right. He's pegged (by AbUs mainly, but still...) as a failure. Donkey, lump, roll out the Top 6 stats etc, but the numbers don't reflect it.

I expect he'll be around 20 for the league and 30 for the season. Those numbers really couldn't be considered a failure, even if they could and should be more.

Yes, you are either are good enough and worthy or you're not....but it can take a while to find out. As long as he's been around, he's still relatively young and this is his first big shot at a big club, in a season where we've been disjointed, at best..

I agree about him though. He seems like a good lad who is probably less confident than he gives off..He's working harder to get better and you can't say fairer than that.. goals are starting to flow and if he can continue it into the next few weeks then that 'big few games coming up for him' we mentioned before the sevilla game this week could be a turning point for him.
Even 20 would need an upturn in form as he needs 7 from the last 10 games. At current rate of scoring he'll end on 17/18 league goals, which is why I say I don't think the criticism is too harsh. Yes some will go over the top, but look at Giroud at Arsenal over recent years. Averaged around that 15 league goal mark and widely considered good, but not good enough. And that's Arsenal

Lukaku has six league goals in five months. I like the lad, but it's just not good enough. Today's improvement needs to be the start. Like you say, a turning point. I really don't think it renders the previous criticism harsh. Comes with the territory at the highest level.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:59 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Sick of plastic @#%&!s like you moaning about our manager ....did you miss the last two £#%&!wits who were United boss ffs...you were moaning like a little bitch after Seville and whingeing we were gonna get beat today....well we won so get £#%&!ed

Unread 26-02-2018, 01:29 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Sick of plastic @#%&!s like you moaning about our manager ....did you miss the last two £#%&!wits who were United boss ffs...you were moaning like a little bitch after Seville and whingeing we were gonna get beat today....well we won so get £#%&!ed

Why am i plastic you unpleasant buffoon? I had a season ticket for 23 years so i would say that qualifies me to comment. Just because I don't agree with you on a myriad of topics regarding United why does it annoy you so much? Being critical is a way of expressing one's thoughts about the team with a particular focus on where things can be improved. I just want United to be the top team in England and constantly challenging in Europe. Why is it so bad that people criticise things they believe can be improved as opposed to jumped up ignorant #@&%!s like you who just proclaim blind faith in Mourinho regardless?

Also, why is it ok for you to criticise Moyes and LVG but being critical of clear mistakes being made by Mourinho means I am a plastic @#%&!?

You're a massive hypocrite and very unpleasant with it too.

Unread 26-02-2018, 01:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Why am i plastic you unpleasant buffoon? I had a season ticket for 23 years so i would say that qualifies me to comment. Just because I don't agree with you on a myriad of topics regarding United why does it annoy you so much? Being critical is a way of expressing one's thoughts about the team with a particular focus on where things can be improved. I just want United to be the top team in England and constantly challenging in Europe. Why is it so bad that people criticise things they believe can be improved as opposed to jumped up ignorant #@&%!s like you who just proclaim blind faith in Mourinho regardless?

Also, why is it ok for you to criticise Moyes and LVG but being critical of clear mistakes being made by Mourinho means I am a plastic @#%&!?

You're a massive hypocrite and very unpleasant with it too.
What a classy response to a quite unpleasant attack.

Unread 26-02-2018, 01:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Kane is far more clinical than Lukaku im afraid.

Unread 26-02-2018, 02:06 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
"for some reason they were the champions last season"

jose

Unread 26-02-2018, 02:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Wish all you JCLs would play nicely

Unread 26-02-2018, 02:23 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Wish all you JCLs would play nicely
Get £#%&!ed

Unread 26-02-2018, 02:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Get £#%&!ed

£#%&! me, and I’m on your side. You mad @#%&!.

Unread 26-02-2018, 05:08 AM
believe

Can we all stop being rude please.

Unread 26-02-2018, 06:01 AM
shenwen

Good game, good win. Doesn’t change how we set up and played in previous matches but nice to feel positive after a game for a change.

Good to see Pogba back. A player who brings some £#%&!ing joy to the game. The criticism he gets for not being Messi and yet look at the performance yesterday from current player of the season. Anonymous.

Unread 26-02-2018, 06:14 AM
jem

Quote:
he's still relatively young and this is his first big shot at a big club
so you're saying his goal and assist was classic flat track bully? fair enough.

Quote:
What a classy response to a quite unpleasant attack.
kev is a dick when we win. he's probs been off his face since saturday's to think again stuff, though, tbf. like one scrappy win undermines all the legitimate criticism (since porto). you wanted united lose, so deal with it.

Unread 26-02-2018, 07:05 AM
sa7

Quote:
23 years my arse stop £#%&!ing lying ....ive Had mine for 27 years and an lmtb before that so we both know you're at it ffs ...
£#%&!ing hell, how old are you?

Unread 26-02-2018, 07:13 AM
S/Side.Red

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
£#%&! me, and I’m on your side. You mad @#%&!.
Would deffo have expected two utter top reds such as you lads to be on the same side. Surprising that Kev mugged you off tbh.