Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:16 PM
ScarFace

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Let's get him in then! Come on, redemption!!!

I wanna see him up the touchline at Anfield, saluting the red army in the away end, i wanna see him gooning with the players after a last minute winner at Old trafford, I wanna see him dive over a ruck of players and staff to slap Guardiola on his £#%&!ing bald head before doing one to the dressing room. I want the drama, the mayhem, this boredom, this £#%&!ing slow death by clipboards and blank stares is dragging this proud club down.
Exactly.

I'm 32. I'm trying desperately not to be a spoiled brat. I was primed for a dip after Fergie left. I really was. And I honestly don't mind it.

But what I do mind is watching us make the same mistakes that Liverpool made in 1991 and just meekly allowing the slump to happen:.
Assuming we'll be fine because we're a big club. Hiring managers because we have a 'certain way of doing things'

I love the club and everything they are, but a big part of their history is the last 25 years of being ruthless bastards that set very high standards. I don't think it's unreasonable to raise my hand when I see those standards dropping.

It doesn't mean we have to get it straight back, but we should always be making strides to do so. We're a massive club and massive clubs make big calls and ensure they stay relevant. We sacked our last manager after a release clause was met just to save a few quid. We had no problem watching our situation worsen just to do so.

And we're doing the same again. That's unacceptable.

And it's £#%&!ing boring. Tibs said it earlier, but surely part of any process is how interesting the journey is along the way. Let's say he's building something (he isn't) , does that mean it has to be quiet so £#%&!ing bad along the way? And what amount of pay off makes this worth it?

We seem to want a certain kind of manager who will uphold certain traditions, yet we couldn't be more far removed from our traditions right now if we tried. Do people really think mourinho is going to be any more boring or anti-united than anything we've seen in the last three years?

As you say Sparky, let's get some entertainment back. I want to see something interesting on the pitch. A reaction on the touchline. We are utterly lifeless atm. Insipid football and going nowhere.

That's the bit I can't take. Watching us really is a chore. And that's not befitting on any Manchester United side, regardless of how successful they are.

I've been drinking.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Why? We make terrace heroes of players like that?
They earn it by virtue of what they do on the pitch first and foremost. You just want the Mourinho Chelsea and Madrid have had. Not the same thing.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They earn it by virtue of what they do on the pitch first and foremost. You just want the Mourinho Chelsea and Madrid have had. Not the same thing.
Exactly, so my point stands. If he comes to United and wins titles he's allowed to fly kick fans in the face in the terraces, miss drugs tests and openly admit to trying to cripple players in a book. We put a statue of an alcoholic woman beater on the forecourt. Our assistant manager £#%&!ed his brother's wife.

But you don't want Jose because he rants in interviews and goes a bit nuts on the touchline.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Exactly, so my point stands. If he comes to United and wins titles he's allowed to fly kick fans in the face in the terraces, miss drugs tests and openly admit to trying to cripple players in a book. We put a statue of an alcoholic woman beater on the forecourt. Our assistant manager £#%&!ed his brother's wife.

But you don't want Jose because he rants in interviews and goes a bit nuts on the touchline.
Ouch. All true though.

A lot of our heroes have a touch of the @#%&!s about them. It's part of what I like about us.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Well, if we hire him and he gets results he can do what he likes. But it's the results that we need, not the drama.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:29 PM
utd99

Quote:

The man's a winner. That's the only thing that should be of relevance to United supporters right now. Maybe three years ago we were lured into a false sense of inherent superiority, but if the last three years haven't woken people up by now nothing will.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well, if we hire him and he gets results he can do what he likes. But it's the results that we need, not the drama.
And I am sure he knows that.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Ouch. All true though.

A lot of our heroes have a touch of the @#%&!s about them. It's part of what I like about us.
Exactly. Manchester United aren't about minding their p's and q's, employing only people who are beyond reproach. We're rock and roll, we love the mavericks and the trouble makers.

or so I thought.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:32 PM
dunk

Quote:

But you don't want him for what he's done for United, you envy his achievements with Chelsea 10 years ago and his being a #@&%! on the sidelines at Madrid he's a cynical, self centred #@&%! and he's spent.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
But you don't want him for what he's done for United, you envy his achievements with Chelsea 10 years ago and his being a #@&%! on the sidelines at Madrid he's a cynical, self centred #@&%! and he's spent.
We'll see, won't we.

Mark my words though, like Tronics and S/Side, you're on the list.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:34 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
But you don't want him for what he's done for United, you envy his achievements with Chelsea 10 years ago and his being a c**k on the sidelines at Madrid he's a cynical, self centred c**k and he's spent.
Why is he spent?

Oh and hate to break it to you, but Alex ferguson is also a cynical, self-centred #@&%!.

He's also a brilliant manager for us so nobody cares.

I find it £#%&!ing rich we take the moral high ground when we've had Alex ferguson, Eric Cantona and Roy Keane as central characters of the last 25 years.

And I love all three of those guys btw, but let's not pretend they're angels.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Why is he spent?
Because he had one truly bad season in 10 years of almost relentless success.

As you know any manager worth his salt has never had that.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
We'll see, won't we.

Mark my words though, like Tronics and S/Side, you're on the list.
Like I give a £#%&! :£#%&!er:

You hang all your hopes on United hiring Mourinho

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Because he had one truly bad season in 10 years of almost relentless success.

As you know any manager worth his salt has never had that.
And even his apparently unsuccessful spells at Madrid and Chelsea included league titles.

Including a 100 goal season where he toppled Barcelona and a season where Chelsea absolutely walked the league.

Boriiiiiiing!

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:39 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Why is he spent?
insane isn't it?

A young manager who has absolutely blitzed through every league he's worked in. Won title after title, Doubles, Trebles etc... loses his way a bit & has a dodgy season = he's a spent force.

Yet Van Gaal is slowly building a future we can all get excited about..by winning one game a month & staring at his £#%&!ing clipboard for 90 minutes

Of course he's not spent ffs. We should be begging him to join. Absolutely shameless, cap in hand begging.
We're in a right £#%&!ing state.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

So should you pal. Otherwise, the future is even more bleak than the present.

You want it all though. You want to be the moral victor as well as the actual victor.

Well wise up, dunky boy. Sometimes you've got to get your hands dirty.

Sometimes, in order to make it to the top, you gotta suck some dicks in toilet cubicles in dodgy clubs to get that £20 to pay back "big Al" and his henchmen......

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
So should you pal. Otherwise, the future is even more bleak than the present.

You want it all though. You want to be the moral victor as well as the actual victor.

Well wise up, dunky boy. Sometimes you've got to get your hands dirty.

Sometimes, in order to make it to the top, you gotta suck some dicks in toilet cubicles in dodgy clubs to get that £20 to pay back "big Al" and his henchmen......
Maybe you have to.

Me? I don't have to.

£#%&! Mourinho. The man has been sacked more times in the last 10'years than Fergie was in his entire career. We spent his first season back in England laughing at the shell of a man that had returned from Madrid. He won the league last season by flogging his players to a standstill amidst no actual challenge from anyone, this season the same players sunk without a trace as a result of what he did to them. He comes here you might get one decent season before he's sacked in the 3rd and we'll be right back where we are now. And that one season isn't guaranteed as he isn't taking over a ready made side or enjoying resource far beyond that of any of his challengers. Honestly, car crash waiting to happen.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Cream

Quote:

Not really. Mourinho can always be sacked. The club won't crumble to the ground any more than it has already, or any more than Chelsea have right now. The bunce will still be there to rebuild.

Think of it in terms of when Schmeichel left. You try one keeper, and another and then all of a sudden Buffon becomes available. Ok he's had an injury plagued season and got caught snorting coke off a ladyboy in Thailand. But he's available and really wants to come to Manchester.

Ok in reality we ended up with VDS, but this time going Dutch was a mistake of Taibi proportions.

Let's give Buffon a try.

Unread 10-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
insane isn't it?

A young manager who has absolutely blitzed through every league he's worked in. Won title after title, Doubles, Trebles etc... loses his way a bit & has a dodgy season = he's a spent force.

Yet Van Gaal is slowly building a future we can all get excited about..by winning one game a month & staring at his £#%&!ing clipboard for 90 minutes

Of course he's not spent ffs. We should be begging him to join. Absolutely shameless, cap in hand begging.
We're in a right £#%&!ing state.
Quote:
Maybe you have to.

Me? I don't have to.

£#%&! Mourinho. The man has been sacked more times in the last 10'years than Fergie was in his entire career. We spent his first season back in England laughing at the shell of a man that had returned from Madrid. He won the league last season by flogging his players to a standstill amidst no actual challenge from anyone, this season the same players sunk without a trace as a result of what he did to them. He comes here you might get one decent season before he's sacked in the 3rd and we'll be right back where we are now. And that one season isn't guaranteed as he isn't taking over a ready made side or enjoying resource far beyond that of any of his challengers. Honestly, car crash waiting to happen.
Big Ramoners has already responded to this for me.

Whatever will be, will be, dunk. And for all our gas bagging on the internet there's £#%&! all we can do about it other than hope for the best.
Closed Thread