United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-12-2017, 11:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
How do you think a poll would pan out?
I’m aware. But tbh I remember the first time I ever started getting heat on here after years of being a regular was when I openly showed no faith in Moyes. I remember the hammering Saffers used to get for hating LvG for most of his tenure.

I don’t even hate Mou, but I’m aware that being a critic of the manager upsets a few for some reason. I really think we need to get used to the fact that we will change managers a lot. No need to worry about whether others love them.

Unread 12-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Billy Redface

Isn't it simply that the goals originated from errors but we still had plenty to do?

I would expect most defenders to not f*** up as badly as Arsenal did under pressure, but we were hardly presented with open goals either.

For errors that are basically handing the team a goal, looks no further than our two conceded yesterday

The arsenal game was far from perfect, but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest there is a stark difference in how we chose to attack Arsenal and how we chose to attack city.

We didn't attempt produce anything resembling Lingards two goals.

It was almost exclusively big punts up pitch.

And then there's the attitude. When we sensed weakness in Arsenal, we piled on.....we just look plain shit scared of City yesterday

Unread 12-12-2017, 11:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Isn't it simply that the goals originated from errors but we still had plenty to do?

I would expect most defenders to not £#%&! up as badly as Arsenal did under pressure, but we were hardly presented with open goals either.

For errors that are basically handing the team a goal, looks no further than our two conceded yesterday

The arsenal game was far from perfect, but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest there is a stark difference in how we chose to attack Arsenal and how we chose to attack city.

We didn't attempt produce anything resembling Lingards two goals.

It was almost exclusively big punts up pitch.

And then there's the attitude. When we sensed weakness in Arsenal, we piled on.....we just look plain shit scared of City yesterday
I certainly wouldn’t disagree with that. Opening goal at Arsenal came less just simply from a high press, but from us actually pushing the line up and attempting to play in their half in those opening few minutes. I think they won it and tried a silly square pass, but we had lots of bodies forward which helped take advantage.

Not least Valencia, whose position said everything. Stark contrast to Sunday where we stood right off from the first kick.

Unread 12-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I certainly wouldn’t disagree with that. Opening goal at Arsenal came less just simply from a high press, but from us actually pushing the line up and attempting to play in their half in those opening few minutes. I think they won it and tried a silly square pass, but we had lots of bodies forward which helped take advantage.

Not least Valencia, whose position said everything. Stark contrast to Sunday where we stood right off from the first kick.
Yep.

Valencia high up the pitch as a result of being the wing back and not the full back too. In an attacking sense, he was a winger in the first 5 mins. He'd have been 10 yards back if he was in a 4 or we weren't committing bodies forward.

Sunday's tone was set very early. So passive and just allowed city to settle right in, give plenty of space to De Bruyne & Silva and show the two immobile Centre Backs that we'll be going aerial to a striker who can't hold the ball up with his back to goal.

We played right in to their hands. Still gutted about it

Unread 13-12-2017, 04:38 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yup, we've hardly spent a penny ourselves.

Difference is they seem to spend it very well.
Do they £#%&!. They chuck money at numerous players for a position until one player sticks. They can do that because wasting 50 million on every player before they find one that works makes zero difference to their owners.

How many central defenders have they been through in the last few years? 100 million spent on 2 fullbacks this summer, which was at least double their worth, and if they didn’t work out they’d be spending another 100 million on two new fullbacks next summer until they hit the jackpot. Then some dick says haven’t they spent well, why can’t we do that. well we do actually do that, but when our players don’t work out it’s noticeable because we can’t just write it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Mourinho has done some pretty £#%&!ing stupid shit in the past but lets not pretend like Guardiola is somehow above all that, the bloke is equally as petulant and moody when he wants to be and as Utd99 has alluded to earlier he's a notoriously sly @#%&!.
Most united fans would only say that about guardiola if he was managing united.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
“Show some respect” ffs. Since when were we arsed about City/Liverpool’s respect? As others have said, win the battles on the field, not the bullshit moral victories after.
The fans aren’t. Players and staff are. It’s professional courtesy. Fergie would have reacted the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
What does it say about us that we can't?
We’re everybody’s cup final.

Unread 13-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Denis Irwell

G2c Kiddo distanced himself from that shite whilst they were ready to hoist their manager on their shoulders etc

Unread 21-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
“Following a review of the evidence provided by the clubs and independent eyewitnesses the FA will be taking no formal action.”
Must have been City's fault. If it was ours they'd have taken action
Closed Thread