you're god damn right he has.

Eva morales broke him.

Unread 23-10-2017, 10:48 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
you're god damn right he has.

Eva morales broke him.
There's still a bit of fire there. Surely?

Unread 23-10-2017, 11:15 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
The £#%&! are you on about? £#%&!ing hell.
Yeah, wouldn't expect you to understand pal

Give club call a ring...

Unread 23-10-2017, 12:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
There's still a bit of fire there. Surely?
He hardly looks passive as such; I think he's as intense as ever. The key is about whether he still builds the same dynamic with his players as he used to.

United still massively struggle with leadership on the field, which is something the manager will find difficult to affect if he doesn't have the personalities. Very often that's not about application, intensity, passion or any of those buzz phrases - it's about guys having the personality to stamp their mark on a game. Last season at Palace with three mins to go and Pogba and Zlat combine for a brilliant winner; that type of thing.

Hoards of people line up to ask why players aren't running more, and that's fair enough. But you're just as entitled to ask why Martial, Mkhi, Mata, Herrera, Lukaku etc aren't producing more quality.

Unread 23-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hoards of people line up to ask why players aren't running more, and that's fair enough. But you're just as entitled to ask why Martial, Mkhi, Mata, Herrera, Lukaku etc aren't producing more quality.
3 or 4 out of the 5 are, to my mind, played out of their natural / best positions.

Something we've seen with the squad for a few seasons in all honesty, players being asked to fill in and do a job, as opposed to flourish & building the strongest XI with the best players in their natural positions.

Whilst I fully acknowledge you can build a flexible squad with this approach, it doesn't hold up under a great deal of pressure. Mata will always make a mistake of some kind whilst out on the wing, Mhki can't cope with his back to play at 10, Herrera is always going to get caught out pressing if he's in a 2, thus exposing his partner & the centre backs. Martial has looked lethal on the left in small doses, but it would be remiss to think he's a classic wide player. He should be in a (fluid) front three with Rashford, allowing Lukaku some development to move around also.

Mourinho has a massive skill set to delve into, but he's certainly always going to prioritise the result over the performance. It's so obvious that he needs to work on his own cycle, this season will get better & I only expect us to really hit our stride in January, we just have to hope that neither Spurs or City are more than 4 points ahead of us by then.

He's going to lose his shit next season, it's already in the post.

Unread 23-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Watching other teams they drag teams all over with running off the ball. We're so static and let teams settle into position.
We just look lazy tbh
They have stats in the paper every Monday stating distance covered by teams and United are consistently at the bottom. I thought this a good thing as we won't be burning ourselves out come the end of the season, unlike Liverpool who are consistently near the top. Ironically the only time we've not been near the bottom was this week

Unread 23-10-2017, 03:49 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
They have stats in the paper every Monday stating distance covered by teams and United are consistently at the bottom. I thought this a good thing as we won't be burning ourselves out come the end of the season, unlike Liverpool who are consistently near the top. Ironically the only time we've not been near the bottom was this week
Until this weekend we'd been behind in matches for all of two minutes (v Stoke). That's why it was different.

We're better off not running, we don't know where we're going.

Unread 23-10-2017, 04:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
On an unrelated note, we have far too many passengers in the team, who prefer others to take responsibility for winning games
Yes, this is basically it. And they are like that because they aren't mentally strong enough.

Unread 24-10-2017, 06:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
3 or 4 out of the 5 are, to my mind, played out of their natural / best positions.

Something we've seen with the squad for a few seasons in all honesty, players being asked to fill in and do a job, as opposed to flourish & building the strongest XI with the best players in their natural positions.

Whilst I fully acknowledge you can build a flexible squad with this approach, it doesn't hold up under a great deal of pressure. Mata will always make a mistake of some kind whilst out on the wing, Mhki can't cope with his back to play at 10, Herrera is always going to get caught out pressing if he's in a 2, thus exposing his partner & the centre backs. Martial has looked lethal on the left in small doses, but it would be remiss to think he's a classic wide player. He should be in a (fluid) front three with Rashford, allowing Lukaku some development to move around also.

Mourinho has a massive skill set to delve into, but he's certainly always going to prioritise the result over the performance. It's so obvious that he needs to work on his own cycle, this season will get better & I only expect us to really hit our stride in January, we just have to hope that neither Spurs or City are more than 4 points ahead of us by then.

He's going to lose his shit next season, it's already in the post.
I agree, but it's unlikely. Under a manager like Mourinho, I don't think you will ever really see Martial, Rashford and Lukaku in the same side and all playing in roles that really suit them. It's one of the main issues with the Lukaku signing for me; it really does put the breaks on the Martial-Rashford in tandem development.

I had hoped, against instinct, that Mou would build with Martial and Rashford as starters. Truth is if Perisic had arrived they'd be job-sharing the super sub role.
Closed Thread