United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:05 AM
magic_cantona

Football The front '3'.

When do you reckon we'll see either Martial - Rommers - Rashford regular, or a change in our attacking formation? Yes, we've battered some teams and there's no question we've played some sublime football at times but it feels like we've stagnated of late. We seem to be playing our number 10's on the right wing between the forwards and midfield.

How many times do we see Rommers with a ball hammered up to him, he's isolated and he's stood with his arms outstretched asking where the £#%&! his support is? Martial and Rashford have both come on at different times and have ruined teams - so why arent they at least given a run together?

Mata and Miki aren't right midfielders/wingers so why are they there?
Surely one of them behind a lightening front 3 makes more sense? Pogbas a huge miss but even when he's back, I'd still want to see our three best forwards charging at defenders from everywhere. Love Jose, baffled by the formation.

Even a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 would work better than what's happening at the minute.

Unread 23-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Switching Off

Good question.

Unread 23-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

he's using martial and rashford to pressure eachother for the one spot. And if both play but it's not working, what then? bring on Mata? It's going to be even more of a problem when he starts rotating lukaku and the wardrobe.

Unread 23-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
he's using martial and rashford to pressure eachother for the one spot. And if both play but it's not working, what then? bring on Mata? It's going to be even more of a problem when he starts rotating lukaku and the wardrobe.
God, this....

His plan B at the moment is to swap martial/rashford

Can't wait for plan C, Zlatan / Rommers.

We need Greizy in January or it's top 4 and a tinpot cup at best..

Unread 23-10-2017, 07:52 AM
lindelof

Ozil will be in it in a few weeks...

Unread 23-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
Ozil will be in it in a few weeks...
Just what I was thinking after Huddersfield, what a difference Mesut Ozil would make

Unread 23-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

It's not the front three. Hth

Unread 23-10-2017, 08:25 AM
AK14

Yeah I'd like to see us play either 4-4-2 or 3-4-3.

Unread 23-10-2017, 08:29 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
It's not the front three. Hth
it's not a front three. htw.

Unread 23-10-2017, 08:55 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
That's my point, he/we shouldn't be. It should be Martial, Rom, Rashford because we don't play a 4-4-2. It's frustrating knowing the pace we have and the threat but it's not called upon until late in the game.

Why not start the 3 and frighten teams to death? The only criticism I have of Jose is this tbh. It's the support that Rommers needs and doesn't get a lot of the time. It's great giving him the ball early, but what then? He's usually got one choice (if he's not immediately surrounded) - play it to the left.

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:15 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Just what I was thinking after Huddersfield, what a difference Mesut Ozil would make

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm not the one calling the shots here...

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

the forwards could be messi ronaldo and greizman and they'd still have problems breaking down teams the way united currently play.

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:29 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah I'd like to see us play either 4-4-2 or 3-4-3.
I'd like to see us play 11 players who put a shift in.

£#%&!ers.

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:35 AM
forwardirektion

Watching other teams they drag teams all over with running off the ball. We're so static and let teams settle into position.
We just look lazy tbh

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Red Santos

don't worry lads the walking wardrobe I mean God of Manchester #IamZlatan will be back soon and inject a bit of pace into the side....

We will win the quadruple with him back including the world cup

watch...

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:38 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Watching other teams they drag teams all over with running off the ball. We're so static and let teams settle into position.
We just look lazy tbh
We are.

Laziest team in England without the ball. No £#%&!er works for another, they did but now we've won a few we've got back into a comfortable position so don't need to run around

God knows why "Red Santos" is having ANOTHER pop at Ibra, his return can't come quick enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
don't worry lads the walking wardrobe I mean God of Manchester #IamZlatan will be back soon and inject a bit of pace into the side....

We will win the quadruple with him back including the world cup

watch...
Not about "pace".

It's about know what your good at and he does.

Hope your enjoying the mid table lump up front.

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:40 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
We are.

Laziest team in England without the ball. No £#%&!er works for another, they did but now we've won a few we've got back into a comfortable position so don't need to run around

God knows why "Red Santos" is having ANOTHER pop at Ibra, his return can't come quick enough.
Well known for his tireless slogging off the ball, Zlat.

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:43 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well known for his tireless slogging off the ball, Zlat.
Get Shane Long in then.

It's about knowing what your good at, he does.

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:44 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Get Shane Long in then.

It's about knowing what your good at, he does.
No shit. It was just a massive non-sequitur when you were conflating his absence with our lack of hard work

Unread 23-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Hope your enjoying the mid table lump up front.
This is the problem, Mourinho has lumbered us with a limited player, just because he's big and powerful, and he's f***ing around with our two best forwards, who should be the first names on the team sheet, because he won't leave him out
Closed Thread