United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
All of this. Amazing happenings that could never have been envisaged.
& yet... I'd stand by the job he's done up to this point (to a degree...) as United were in such a £#%&!ing state before. I believe he's made decent strides, both in the league & with the mentality of the players. With raising the quality of player at the club via transfers - highly debatable if there's progress in the youth but it's suffice to say it's stagnated at worst, hardly regressed given our recent track record with youngsters breaking into the first XI realistically. We've won trophies, had a fantastic home record etc.

Just need to actually see some enjoyable football & not his slapped arse boat everywhere like some kind of £#%&!ing fun vampire. I find it incredible he can't find any joy in it all ffs.

As & when he goes mental as £#%&!, just sack him & pay him - make sure someone else is lined up that will do the job with style. I'm honestly gutted Sarri has gone to Chelsea, but in his own words he's a coach out on the pitch - the rest of the club needs to be running smoothly. United are still a joke behind the scenes with the way Woody wants names & the squad languishes with so many prosaic players in the starting XI.

I almost feel like we should give Wenger a call & ask him to come had a chat about being a Director of Football tbh. Just keep him away from the pitch, do all the background work. Leave the coach to coach and keep out of the boards shit.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:06 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
& yet... I'd stand by the job he's done up to this point (to a degree...) as United were in such a f***ing state before. I believe he's made decent strides, both in the league & with the mentality of the players. With raising the quality of player at the club via transfers - highly debatable if there's progress in the youth but it's suffice to say it's stagnated at worst, hardly regressed given our recent track record with youngsters breaking into the first XI realistically. We've won trophies, had a fantastic home record etc.

Just need to actually see some enjoyable football & not his slapped arse boat everywhere like some kind of f***ing fun vampire. I find it incredible he can't find any joy in it all ffs.

As & when he goes mental as f***, just sack him & pay him - make sure someone else is lined up that will do the job with style. I'm honestly gutted Sarri has gone to Chelsea, but in his own words he's a coach out on the pitch - the rest of the club needs to be running smoothly. United are still a joke behind the scenes with the way Woody wants names & the squad languishes with so many prosaic players in the starting XI.

I almost feel like we should give Wenger a call & ask him to come had a chat about being a Director of Football tbh. Just keep him away from the pitch, do all the background work. Leave the coach to coach and keep out of the boards shit.
He’s going to love it at Chelsea then.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s going to love it at Chelsea then.
He has no interest in signing players, giving names & being a part of the process - he wants to have the coaching responsibility & that's it. Chelsea, for all their faults, do their transfers well and have a lot of pull in getting players they need.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He's not seeing out the season nqat.
Nqat; he's a waste of £#%&!ing space.

Quote:
It's the Mourinho cycle, he's moaning in public, fighting the board behind the scenes - everyone's fault but his.

He's done a perfectly decent job in results terms, the game has just moved on. He can no longer take a financial advantage & galvanise it into something supremely efficient & win all the pots - everyone else has the same, if not more, money to spend & they deploy it better.

He'll have his inevitable proper meltdown before Christmas, unless we somehow manage to placate him with the right transfers in the next few weeks. Unlikely as Ed chases Bale & Mourinho wants, seemingly, boring old @#%&!s to come in. Plus ca change. Who could have ever seen this coming

Meanwhile someone () sages Sarri earlier in the thread & he's at Chelsea - it will be no surprise to see them resurgent & playing attractive football, improving the players they have and supplementing the talent with quality (Jorginho will be superb for them alongside Kante).
Exactly. I said this after 6 months. He is not suited to managing United at all. I used to like him; can't even look at the @#%&! now.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:25 AM
saffers

Quote:
He has no interest in signing players, giving names & being a part of the process - he wants to have the coaching responsibility & that's it. Chelsea, for all their faults, do their transfers well and have a lot of pull in getting players they need.
Last summer seemed to go swimmingly well tbf.

Quote:
It's the Mourinho cycle, he's moaning in public, fighting the board behind the scenes - everyone's fault but his.

He's done a perfectly decent job in results terms, the game has just moved on. He can no longer take a financial advantage & galvanise it into something supremely efficient & win all the pots - everyone else has the same, if not more, money to spend & they deploy it better.

He'll have his inevitable proper meltdown before Christmas, unless we somehow manage to placate him with the right transfers in the next few weeks. Unlikely as Ed chases Bale & Mourinho wants, seemingly, boring old @#%&!s to come in. Plus ca change. Who could have ever seen this coming

Meanwhile someone () sages Sarri earlier in the thread & he's at Chelsea - it will be no surprise to see them resurgent & playing attractive football, improving the players they have and supplementing the talent with quality (Jorginho will be superb for them alongside Kante).
Where has he had a financial advantage outside of chelsea?

How will you guys respond if we do solidly again, 2nd place, a cup, playing ok football. Do we sack him still or let him continue his job?

Does it have to be a league title win to save him?

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Clownbones

Yes

We're shit to watch and it won't improve

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:29 AM
AK14

Quote:
They’re already looking to ship Bakayoko out after he flopped for big money and were looking at signing Andy Carroll in January pal.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:33 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yes

We're shit to watch and it won't improve
So thats the standard, win the league or do one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
They’re already looking to ship Bakayoko out after he flopped for big money and were looking at signing Andy Carroll in January pal.
£110m on Morata and Bakayoko.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:37 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I said this after 6 months. He is not suited to managing United at all.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Where has he had a financial advantage outside of chelsea?

How will you guys respond if we do solidly again, 2nd place, a cup, playing ok football. Do we sack him still or let him continue his job?

Does it have to be a league title win to save him?
I'm not slaughtering him, he's just not showing any signs of inspiring any good football. Is he?

His track record shows he's going to go full mental, feels like around November he'll be bring something like this into his presser:

ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
I'm not slaughtering him, he's just not showing any signs of inspiring any good football. Is he?

His track record shows he's going to go full mental, feels like around November he'll be bring something like this into his presser:

Clownbones

Quote:
So thats the standard, win the league or do one?

£110m on Morata and Bakayoko.
I said we're shit to watch. Didn't mention the league at all

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:41 AM
saffers

Quote:

I think we have seen some signs.

I particularly enjoyed two or three stretches during his first season, the first few months of last season.

I like the signing of Fred. I think Matic will be solid again if not even better with a year at the club. We forget how much improvement can come from within. I feel like the quiet-ish transfer window has demoralized some who were not on the anti mou bandwagon a bit.

If we suddenly lash out £90m on alderweireld and sandro like we seem primed to do a lot of spirits would be lifted.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
What's up, Sting?

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
What's up, Sting?
Think the big man is trying to point out he's out-TWICI'd you

Must be easy being a perma-cynic, just call all managers shit and revel in 'being right' when inevitably they are.

I would say 99% of united fans have been initially happy with either the LVG or Mourinho appointment. Not Jemmers though

obvs he won't enlighten us as to who he thinks should be managing us. That's too easy.

Unread 19-07-2018, 11:50 AM
Bunker Buster

tbf to jem He’s hated him for a decade, he didn’t want him first time round

Unread 19-07-2018, 12:04 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
tbf to jem He’s hated him for a decade, he didn’t want him first time round
he's hated every manager for decades.

Except for Fergie, you'd hope

Unread 19-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Unread 19-07-2018, 12:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think he always wanted to come here and has already done a few things that are not typical Mourinho with the amount of young players promoted, at times cavalier football.

This season will reveal a lot, I just hope he gets what he wants and needs this transfer window so we don't see once again Woodward contributing to our on pitch failures.
What?

Unread 19-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Baron

Quote:
I think he always wanted to come here and has already done a few things that are not typical Mourinho with the amount of young players promoted, at times cavalier football.

This season will reveal a lot, I just hope he gets what he wants and needs this transfer window so we don't see once again Woodward contributing to our on pitch failures.
Fair enough, I don't believe any of us really wants to see him fail if he starts to play more of this cavalier football you mention. He showed all of his natural instincts the further the season progresses though, he has trust issues, he has insecurities about him place in the game. He has fear - specifically he who has the ball etc... it's all a bit small-time in the modern game, isn't it?

We didn't get vintage Louis, we're not getting vintage Mou. I can tolerate Mou as I see the progression, but much of the stuff I appreciate isn't played out in a coherent playing style that gets me (or anyone else) off their seat with any regularity.

As Manchester United, we don't aspire to functional & winning, we aspire to heart-stopping, thrilling, seat of your £#%&!ing pants football. If we win it's sublime, if we don't at least we go close. If we go close & bore everyone to £#%&!ing tears... all we have is the notion that it was all for absolutely £#%&! all. There's no glory in being a shit-@#%&! mate.
Closed Thread