Unread 31-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Batistuta

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=Top%20Red

The related words at the bottom

Unread 31-05-2014, 03:55 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Glad to see the 'defenders' of our proud England team seem to have forgotten those of us in the middle who just couldn't give a £#%&!

I don't watch international football for the same reasons as club football - the only 'affiliations' I have are to Germany and England due to blood line - and I have enjoyed watching Germany far more over the past 2 decades than England. The last tournament I thought England were impressive in was Euro 96, nearly 20 years ago ffs.

I don't go out of my way to 'hate' england, but nor could I care less how they do. I suspect it may be different if there were more united players in there, but people seem to overlook the fact that the England team has very little soul about it. How anyone can 'hate' Gerrard, Hart, etc during the season then love or cheer them on during an international tournament is beyond me. At least the '96 side IMO had some character and flavour about it.

People can follow who they like but don't tar everyone with the same 'top red' brush just because they don't get behind England. From a relatively objective point of view, England are a complete joke of the international world.

"This is our tournament!" Sound familiar?

Missing the point. Support who you want, it's the over he top "I hate England more than you top redness" that's boring.

Unread 31-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batistuta
Not arsed but this anti England shit gets a bit tiresome after a while. I don't follow England tbh, but wouldn't mind seeing them do well.
The amount of scousers in the team makes it impossible to want them to do well. Even the only United player in the starting line up is a scouser, who counts Stevie Slip as a close mate.

Unread 31-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Missing the point. Support who you want, it's the over he top "I hate England more than you top redness" that's boring.

My point was there's plenty on here who lump all those who don't care about in England with all those who 'hate' England, when there's a world of difference.

Unread 31-05-2014, 04:10 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batistuta
Not arsed but this anti England shit gets a bit tiresome after a while. I don't follow England tbh, but wouldn't mind seeing them do well.
bit late 90's isnt it?

if we get through that group it will be our greatest achievement in a tourney for a good while. love the world cup, have done since '86.

Unread 31-05-2014, 05:26 PM
red in cumbria

Rougers and funners have nailed it, tbh

Whenever I start to think supporting England might not be so bad, the "fans" and our execrable media soon put a stop to it

Unread 31-05-2014, 07:14 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Rougers and funners have nailed it, tbh

Whenever I start to think supporting England might not be so bad, the "fans" and our execrable media soon put a stop to it
Pretty much, I'm not particularly bothered but it's all the once every 4 year football experts that do my head in and make it impossible to watch down the pub. Forunately not a problem for me anymore.

My dad goes to the games at Wembley (he also goes to United home and away before you start) and I have been once or twice with him..to me most of the people there are a £#%&!ing cringe fest, I don't know how he stands it tbh.

Unread 31-05-2014, 07:21 PM
otbarney

Finally turned my back on England after the world cup in 98.

Unread 31-05-2014, 07:28 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Well maybe we can have one thread dedicated to the world cup for those who want to discuss England? And the haters opinions can be acknowledged else where? I am looking forward to it and no top reds, @#%&! journos or #@&%! ukip fans are going to ruin it for me. :-) can't wait .

Unread 31-05-2014, 07:33 PM
no fun

Quote:
Well maybe we can have one thread dedicated to the world cup for those who want to discuss England? And the haters opinions can be acknowledged else where? I am looking forward to it and no top reds, @#%&! journos or #@&%! ukip fans are going to ruin it for me. :-) can't wait .
FFs, I think we are all looking forward to the World Cup, especially after the 3 lion £#%&!ers get knocked out

Unread 31-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Neo

Cool #TeamHetNederlandsElftal

Nft.

Unread 31-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Just Pm Ginners pal....keep the bandwidth down.

£#%&!ing Rules, £#%&! that....threads for this and that.

Bit UKIP Ain't it.....

Unread 31-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Ginners

Trouble with this place is most are either irish, half irish or in duckers case just likes wearing the guiness hats once a year so theres bound to be an anti-english vibe

Unread 31-05-2014, 07:58 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Trouble with this place is most are either irish, half irish or in duckers case just likes wearing the guiness hats once a year so theres bound to be an anti-english vibe
Or mancunian, just like you

Unread 31-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Batistuta

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Finally turned my back on England after the world cup in 98.
Do us a favour and turn your back on that cardigan too pal

Unread 31-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Ethers

Anybody over the age of 13 getting genuinely passionate about following their national football side has issues IMO.

Unread 31-05-2014, 08:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Nft.
Would be nice if LvG actually had them playing football this time, tbh

2010 was a disgrace to their traditions, not unlike 1990 with Argentina.

Unread 31-05-2014, 08:29 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

the only thing to like about team england is the inflated sense of anticipation, quickly followed by the mass disappointment and terminal depression.

remember my daft sister giving my two nephews the cash to go and buy engerland shirts for the 98 finals, they came back with argentina and holland shirts

Unread 31-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
the only thing to like about team england is the inflated sense of anticipation, quickly followed by the mass disappointment and terminal depression.

remember my daft sister giving my two nephews the cash to go and buy engerland shirts for the 98 finals, they came back with argentina and holland shirts
Good lads.

Unread 31-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Crumps

England winning or losing has no influence on my mood whatsoever. I do get a bit antagonistic though if they lose.
Closed Thread