Closed Thread

Unread 24-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Darth Vidic

Default Re: Berbatov 2010/2011

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Doesn't look like anybody does tbh.
I'm not a lunatic, its happening! Fools, fools!

Unread 24-08-2010, 11:02 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
new berbatov.

its the same old one for me.

missing easy chances, not turning a half chance into a goal like most top strikers and going missing when the going get tough.

he dissapeared as usual when we needed him most yesterday. didnt manage a shot on goal in the 2nd half and dhould have taken the penalty at 2-1
Yes He did. He had a shot from about 10 yards. Attempted to work the space across the box and steered a low shot straight at Stockdale. Not exactly a great effort, admittedly, but don't make up stuff just to support your opinion.

I've always liked Berbs and he just seems a notch, a moment, a little run away from really stepping up. Whether he will or not remains to be seen, but his contribution is still worthwhile and many of his positive aspects remain. Is there a difference this season? Possibly. He seems a little more aggressive and direct and is taking shots earlier. Still needs to work on his finishing and step up when the pressure is on, but his goal against Newcastle was encouraging - he just smashed it. No messing, no fuss, just lashed with accuracy and assurance across the keeper (he actually should've squared for Rooney to tap in, but I'm pleased to see him being more selfish). Bit early to tell though.

But I think it's fair to say he's been one of our best players in the first two games and C.S. And he's scored 2 goals in 3 games. Encouraging start.

Unread 24-08-2010, 11:25 AM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: Berbatov 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Yes He did. He had a shot from about 10 yards. Attempted to work the space across the box and steered a low shot straight at Stockdale. Not exactly a great effort, admittedly, but don't make up stuff just to support your opinion.

I've always liked Berbs and he just seems a notch, a moment, a little run away from really stepping up. Whether he will or not remains to be seen, but his contribution is still worthwhile and many of his positive aspects remain. Is there a difference this season? Possibly. He seems a little more aggressive and direct and is taking shots earlier. Still needs to work on his finishing and step up when the pressure is on, but his goal against Newcastle was encouraging - he just smashed it. No messing, no fuss, just lashed with accuracy and assurance across the keeper (he actually should've squared for Rooney to tap in, but I'm pleased to see him being more selfish). Bit early to tell though.

But I think it's fair to say he's been one of our best players in the first two games and C.S. And he's scored 2 goals in 3 games. Encouraging start.
I'd agree with that.

Unread 24-08-2010, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd agree with that.
He's started well imo too, thought he was as good as anyone against Fulham, forced 3 saves, 2 of them very good, created for others and led the line well. As to if he's not passing to Hernandez, I doubt it and we have very little gametime to base it on. It probbly doesn't matter though.

Unread 24-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

pedantry is not my bag as you all know, but Berbatov should not have passed to Rooney

interesting comments from Ferguson about United making the best of Hernandez's pace. not quite the same as saying players are blanking him, but no doubt a more accurate interpretation identifying the problem Darth is talking about

Unread 24-08-2010, 01:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
pedantry is not my bag as you all know, but Berbatov should not have passed to Rooney

interesting comments from Ferguson about United making the best of Hernandez's pace. not quite the same as saying players are blanking him, but no doubt a more accurate interpretation identifying the problem Darth is talking about
I'd imagine it's just a process of getting used to a new players strengths and style of play innit? What's he had, 100 minutes in the first team?

Unread 24-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'd imagine it's just a process of getting used to a new players strengths and style of play innit? What's he had, 100 minutes in the first team?
spose. the sooner Hernandez gets put through and waltzes round the keeper the better though.

Unread 24-08-2010, 01:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
spose. the sooner Hernandez gets put through and waltzes round the keeper the better though.
Yeah, think he could do with a goal for his own confidence tbh think Fergie's commented he's been a bit anxious so far. That said, thought he did well at times on Sunday.

Unread 24-08-2010, 01:48 PM
redhegemony

Berbs also looks as if he's shed a couple of pounds so got fitter or maybe it's the stress.

Unread 24-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
It appears I have become a tad predictable.

Unread 24-08-2010, 02:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

How pedantic! All's well that ended well.

Where did Fergie say that about Hernandez? I missed the post-match interview.Interesting sounding comments. Got a link to them?

Unread 24-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
How pedantic! All's well that ended well.

Where did Fergie say that about Hernandez? I missed the post-match interview.Interesting sounding comments. Got a link to them?
dunno. read it on fishal site earlier. maybe off MUTV or summat?

Unread 24-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Berbs also looks as if he's shed a couple of pounds so got fitter or maybe it's the stress.
Probs just smoking more tabs tbh.
Closed Thread