Unread 23-08-2010, 09:25 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

just messing LD.
ld = lord doom?

Unread 23-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

along with Scholes, Berbatov has started the season in superb form for United. top top player.

Unread 23-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs down

not another berbatov debate, thought we'd had enough of them last season

lol @ marlo - 'went missing when we needed him most yesterday'. not sure which game you were watching there sunshine.

as i said yesterday, 2 goals and a penalty against fulham is more than enough. thought it was as good a performance as anybodys yesterday, wasn't really looking for it one way or another.

anyway that's the matter closed for me this season on the great berbatov debate. boring as £#%&! now and it's just the usual suspects trotting out the usual lines.

far more interesting to talk about gibson

Unread 23-08-2010, 09:35 PM
History

Quite a fan of Berbatov, but he did exactly the same last season, having good games against, Brum, Wigan, City etc..

If he can carry it on past october il be more convinced, but right now i've seen it before so not getting excited.

Unread 23-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I can see this being about as successful as last seasons Berbatov thread. Starts with optimistic expectation that this will be "his season", soon there will be posts from fredsters trying to convince themselves he's playing well, the odd goal against relegation fodder will inspire outbursts of "World Class" and marlo's parentage will be questioned regularly. But eventually (around March) it'll end in bitter recriminations as another ineffective season from Berba draws to a close with only Throb left to post nonsensical replies full of meaningless stats.

Repeat in 2011/12
The main point of this thread was that I've noticed that Berbatov is ignoring The Minute Pea when said Pea is free in the box.

Discuss

Unread 23-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Part 36 Offer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
ld = lord doom?

Unread 23-08-2010, 09:45 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
anyway that's the matter closed for me this season on the great berbatov debate.
Bet it isn't

Unread 23-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
The main point of this thread was that I've noticed that Berbatov is ignoring The Minute Pea when said Pea is free in the box.

Discuss
the one player who you can usually guarantee will find space in the last 3rd for United is Berbatov. he usually finds it in the penalty area like all great players by taking a step back or just standing still.

odd to mention the Hernandez thing when it's been going on in United';s attack for the whole of last season - at least - with Berbatov

Unread 23-08-2010, 10:10 PM
red in cumbria

Berbatov was going great for us early last season - then he got injured

He is due some luck this season, if nothing else.

Unread 23-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Berbatov was going great for us early last season - then he got injured

He is due some luck this season, if nothing else.
that's true, he was United's best attacker for a spell last autumn

people ignore the treatment he gets from defenders. no-one mentions the fact Terry did him - kneed him on the outside of his knee iirc - in the Chelsea game at OT for example, even though at the time everyone around me went up calling Terry a @#%&! and the referee a double £#%&!ing cheating @#%&!

he limps through a fair few games, has proved he will play through the pain for United, never goes bleating to the media despite Ferguson's flawed decision to leave him out of half a dozen or so games last season and United's record with him in the team is excellent - which proves that he can be and often is part of an effective, winning United team. anyone who says anything else is an idiot.

Unread 23-08-2010, 10:22 PM
The Watcher

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
that's true, he was United's best attacker for a spell last autumn

people ignore the treatment he gets from defenders. no-one mentions the fact Terry did him - kneed him on the outside of his knee iirc - in the Chelsea game at OT for example, even though at the time everyone around me went up calling Terry a @#%&! and the referee a double £#%&!ing cheating @#%&!

he limps through a fair few games, has proved he will play through the pain for United, never goes bleating to the media despite Ferguson's flawed decision to leave him out of half a dozen or so games last season and United's record with him in the team is excellent - which proves that he can be and often is part of an effective, winning United team. anyone who says anything else is an idiot.

Unread 23-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Unread 23-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...1&FORM=LKVR22#

Unread 23-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
What does the turtle mean?

The Throbster is right about Berbatov getting kicked by the opposition, especially around the ankles.

Not sure if he agrees with me on the Chicharito conspiracy though

Unread 23-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Coracao

Quote:

The Throbster is right about Berbatov getting kicked by the opposition, especially around the ankles.

Doesn't look like anybody does tbh.

Unread 24-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Bet it isn't

Unread 24-08-2010, 07:21 AM
rafabio

Quote:

In a nutshell?
Closed Thread