United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2010, 12:56 AM
schnitzel

Default Re: City's spending

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
i know where you're coming from and there will always be those who are disgruntled with their spending, but you just watch sky £#%&! all over them if and when they do win something, its the perfect story for sky, the cities lesser known team, forever the runners up etc etc, mongs that watch sky will end up thinking they actually deserve any success.

I dont give a £#%&! what they win though, im resigned to it at this stage. and in a funny way id rather have them win the league in the next few years than have popped up with an unexpected cup win a few years ago.

Footballs £#%&!ed. blow all the @#%&!s up and start again.
We said all this with that Russian @#%&! at Chelsea and his millions.

2 years of success while our team was in transition and we all doubted Fergie.

3 years after that where are we, even 4 years 1 point from being champions.

So many disputed arguments for that 1 point.

This year without spending a fortune (again)we have the capture of a fella who looks like the perfect replacement for Ole.

We all worried about Chelskis Millions, we saw that and raised it. think we can manage the same here.

Unread 15-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
important to remember that much of United's income over the past two decades has been generated off the back of an incredible favouritism in live TV coverage, resulting in grossly disproportionate revenues, and from the CL expanding to catch teams finishing off the top of the league.

the argument may be a bit chicken and egg, but the facts are that the rise of United and the rise of Sky was a very profitable coincidence for both parties. Sky took a little longer to get on board the CL cash cow, but safe to say they caught up quickly.

in a supposedly neutral and block TV deal under the PL banner United have done very well - probably better than they'd have done had they had their own deal.
i'm still waiting to hear throb's explanation as to how united have generated income off "incredible favouritism in live tv coverage" resulting in our "grossly disporportionate revenues".

Whenever you're ready, throb. I'd love to hear it.

Unread 15-08-2010, 08:17 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'm still waiting to hear throb's explanation as to how united have generated income off "incredible favouritism in live tv coverage" resulting in our "grossly disporportionate revenues".

I'm sure Throb's too busy going over a few stats that prove Berbatov is infact a better player than Cantona & Bobby Charlton combined.
Statistically speaking of course.

Unread 15-08-2010, 10:00 PM
m14red

Been said before but I'll say it again, if you can't put a blue in their place then you need to have a word with yourself. Transfer fees etc not required.

Unread 15-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm sure Throb's too busy going over a few stats that prove Berbatov is infact a better player than Cantona & Bobby Charlton combined.
Statistically speaking of course.

He's unbelievable tbh.

Unread 26-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Sheikh Mansour has been forced to inject half a billion pounds in cash into Manchester City to cover his club's runaway expenditure over the past two years, Digger can reveal. Although that sum exceeds the gross domestic product of the Seychelles and Grenada, Mansour's spending will not stop there.

There are two main routes through which an owner can directly finance a company: either through debt in the form of shareholder loans, as Roman Abramovich did at the outset of his Chelsea ownership, or through equity. It is via the latter route – by issuing new shares to be sold to himself – that Mansour has capitalised City.

The injection of more than £399m up to December last year, much of which went on covering the £304.9m in shareholder loans that had been racked up with Mansour, was just the start. A statement released to Companies House by the board of the Eastlands club's parent, Manchester City Limited, said Sheikh Mansour had paid £46.2m in cash for new equity issued in May. "The following resolution was passed by the directors of Manchester City Limited on 5 May 2010: that 21,792,452 new ordinary shares be allotted to Abu Dhabi United Group Investment and Development Limited in consideration of the cash payment of £46.2m."
More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...sheikh-mansour

Unread 26-08-2010, 10:47 AM
andyroo

MONEY FOR MANCHESTER CITY'S BIG SPENDING COMES FROM THE SHEIKH RATHER THAN THE FOOTBALL CLUB.

Read all about it!

Amazing!

Unread 26-08-2010, 11:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Is this the last summer he can do that without consequences from UEFA?

Unread 26-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Is this the last summer he can do that without consequences from UEFA?
Dunno

Unread 26-08-2010, 11:10 AM
andyroo

No, they've painted all the footpaths around their ground blue, so they're going to be fine.

Unread 26-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

missed this sorry, as I had thought you must have been just pretending to be stupid

it's to do with the number of times United were shown live on television compared to City (and virtually every other team) during the 1990s

for example, United were screened live on television in England more than 50 times between august 93 and may 94. doubt city were screened live on television that many times in the entire decade.

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
missed this sorry, as I had thought you must have been just pretending to be stupid

it's to do with the number of times United were shown live on television compared to City (and virtually every other team) during the 1990s

for example, United were screened live on television in England more than 50 times between august 93 and may 94. doubt city were screened live on television that many times in the entire decade.
Eh? 50 times in one season?

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Eh? 50 times in one season?
just testing

93/94 and 94/95

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
just testing

93/94 and 94/95
50 times in 2 seasons is pretty £#%&!ing menkul.

What's this about anyway?

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
50 times in 2 seasons is pretty £#%&!ing menkul.

What's this about anyway?
the media exposure - and the direct and indirect revenues that go with it - that helped United get so far ahead of most of the rest during the post Italia 90 boom

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Sloane

city have sold 24k tickets for tonight

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:44 PM
andyroo

But Sky were showing us in the first place because we brought in more revenue than any other @#%&!.

United made Sky's fortune as much as Sky made United's.

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
city have sold 24k tickets for tonight
You can pay on the gate (wish you could at United )

Quote:
On matchday prices will rise to £25 Adult/£15 Over 65 & 16-21/£10 U16.

* Level 3 of the Colin Bell Stand and East Stand will be closed for this fixture

To mark our entry into the competition we are inviting kids to eat free in the Family Stand on the night of the match and Seasoncard and Citycard holders to ‘Bring a Friend’ at a discount of 25%.
Massive

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:51 PM
andyroo

"To mark our entry into the competition"

Weren't they in it a few years back for having the fifth shiniest jumpers in Europe or something?

Unread 26-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
But Sky were showing us in the first place because we brought in more revenue than any other @#%&!.

United made Sky's fortune as much as Sky made United's.
absolutely spot on in the sense that Sky's timing couldn't have been better from their pov
Closed Thread