United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2010, 01:47 PM
My Name is Keith

Default City's spending

Has anyone got facts and figures on this to help me out with arguments with various Citeh fans.

Specifically, I'm after City's net and gross spend over the last 3 years v United's net and gross spend over the same period/over the life of the Premiership.

I want to be able to say that City have spent more in the last 3 years than United have since the Premiership began, which of course I can say but it would be nice to be factually accurate.

Spoke to my father in law (non-tash wearing city fan) who claimed United had spent about the same as City over the last 5 years which has got to be absolute %@#$&!s. To be fair, he is diabetic and I'm pretty sure he was going low at the time.

Unread 13-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Ginners

Default Re: City's spending

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/inde...2006-2010.html

Unread 13-08-2010, 01:49 PM
carlosartorial

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Unread 13-08-2010, 01:54 PM
My Name is Keith

Thanks - that should do it.

Unread 13-08-2010, 01:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

Gonna spend another £50+ million in the next few days too.

Unread 13-08-2010, 01:59 PM
dunk

They are just doing what we have always done.

Unread 13-08-2010, 02:05 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They are just doing what we have always done.
We replaced a player with a player though, there just adding more to there squad, double standards the lot of them....

Unread 13-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
We replaced a player with a player though, there just adding more to there squad, double standards the lot of them....
whoosh

Unread 13-08-2010, 02:08 PM
dunk

Unread 13-08-2010, 03:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

[quote=My Name is Keith;2116569]
(non-tash wearing city fan)

wum

Unread 13-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Sullingtons

I wasn't aware they'd overtaken Chelsea in the spending stakes

And that's in just a couple of seasons. Menkul.

Unread 13-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Time For Heroes

I see the Dippers are struggling in the spend stakes there, poor old Rafa, it must have been so hard for him to build from a CL winning team to 7th in 4 years with so little money.

Unread 13-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
I wasn't aware they'd overtaken Chelsea in the spending stakes

And that's in just a couple of seasons. Menkul.
My bad, thought it was averages.

Still. Menkul

Unread 13-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
My bad, thought it was averages.

Still. Menkul
:£#%&!er:

Unread 13-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Mr_Ed

Our net spend in 5 years is about £10m, there's is £328M...

Unread 13-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Sparky***

They're only 60m behind chelsea in overall spending in the last 18 years ffs.

They'll overtake them soon. Absolutely crazy amounts of money.

Anyone seen the berties being interviewed on Sky, Usual clueless looking mongs. "Yeah he's good inne, he'll bring loads of goals." Such insight. Most of them would have probably walked past him in the street without knowing who the £#%&! he was.

Unread 13-08-2010, 04:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Anyone seen the berties being interviewed on Sky, Usual clueless looking mongs. "Yeah he's good inne, he'll bring loads of goals." Such insight. Most of them would have probably walked past him in the street without knowing who the £#%&! he was.
same @#%&!s who went to Shinywater's free curry fest outside the Town hall and said he was the messiah

same @#%&!s who were gooning around with tea towels on their head outside the hovel when they signed Kaka

same @#%&!s crying into their BNP fanzines when United hit THREE last minutee winneers in THREE games against them last season

comedy £#%&!ing gold

Unread 13-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Sparky***

Watched an old programme from ESPN i had sky plussed the other day. It had Mike 'top bitter' McClean on it talking about Chelsea spending loads of cash (pre arab takeover). Went something like "enjoy it now chelsea fans because once he goes and takes his money, it's a long way down and it hurts."

Unread 13-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

important to remember that much of United's income over the past two decades has been generated off the back of an incredible favouritism in live TV coverage, resulting in grossly disproportionate revenues, and from the CL expanding to catch teams finishing off the top of the league.

the argument may be a bit chicken and egg, but the facts are that the rise of United and the rise of Sky was a very profitable coincidence for both parties. Sky took a little longer to get on board the CL cash cow, but safe to say they caught up quickly.

in a supposedly neutral and block TV deal under the PL banner United have done very well - probably better than they'd have done had they had their own deal.

Unread 13-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
important to remember that much of United's income over the past two decades has been generated off the back of an incredible favouritism in live TV coverage, resulting in grossly disproportionate revenues, and from the CL expanding to catch teams finishing off the top of the league.

the argument may be a bit chicken and egg, but the facts are that the rise of United and the rise of Sky was a very profitable coincidence for both parties. Sky took a little longer to get on board the CL cash cow, but safe to say they caught up quickly.

in a supposedly neutral and block TV deal under the PL banner United have done very well - probably better than they'd have done had they had their own deal.
Are you suggest that United get paid more than everybody else by Sky?
Closed Thread