United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
everyone else out. Was looking forward to me and Sooty sitting here listening to mellow music and just generally chilling out. Am now in a foul mood, very tense and it is probably best that everyone is out - for their sakes. £#%&! sake.
It truly is the russian roulette scenario that football plays with your weekend..

A good result & you look forward to MOTD....maybe get up early tomorrow for 'Jimmy Hills Supplement'..'Goals On Sunday'.!...pick up a couple of Sunday papers etc..

As for games like today, it's all about pretending football doesn't exist for a few days. Avoid any football at all costs...except for a couple of rants on here (a therapy of sorts)

That sounded a bit 'Nick Hornby' didn't it...

Feel sorry for those who were down at the game...very hard to take. Long journey back. Fair play to them.

Tuesday can't come quick enough for me. I need to see the lads batter the cheating Iti #@&%!s into next week.

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:15 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz
Exactly. If your best available players can't manage the games you have left, with the prospect of potentially three trophies then you have to be asking serious questions about motivation and about training and fitness.
I don't think it's the motivation or fitness. They are putting enough effort in - I have no problems there at all. It's the quality outside the first 11 (maybe 12). I know it's the popular thing to say tonight but Richardson (read Pennant for youse) is just not good enough. Fletcher is better than what is said on here but good enough for the very regular spot he gets - probably not. O'Shea has gone backwards and Wes Brown is a good (no more than that) player who is at the same level as what he was as a 20 year old. And I've never understood the hype on Heinze. Evra is a far superior player. All 4 in the one side - never again hopefully.

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:20 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It truly is the russian roulette scenario that football plays with your weekend..

A good result & you look forward to MOTD....maybe get up early tomorrow for 'Jimmy Hills Supplement'..'Goals On Sunday'.!...pick up a couple of Sunday papers etc..

As for games like today, it's all about pretending football doesn't exist for a few days. Avoid any football at all costs...except for a couple of rants on here (a therapy of sorts)

That sounded a bit 'Nick Hornby' didn't it...

Feel sorry for those who were down at the game...very hard to take. Long journey back. Fair play to them.

Tuesday can't come quick enough for me. I need to see the lads batter the cheating Iti #@&%!s into next week.

Good post that man.

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
I don't think it's the motivation or fitness. They are putting enough effort in - I have no problems there at all. It's the quality outside the first 11 (maybe 12). I know it's the popular thing to say tonight but Richardson (read Pennant for youse) is just not good enough. Fletcher is better than what is said on here but good enough for the very regular spot he gets - probably not. O'Shea has gone backwards and Wes Brown is a good (no more than that) player who is at the same level as what he was as a 20 year old. And I've never understood the hype on Heinze. Evra is a far superior player. All 4 in the one side - never again hopefully.

Heinze looked good in his first season, not necessarily the best around but he's a shadow of the player he looked then.

O'Shea scores some important goals .

Richardson is your Pennant, ASBO @#%&! who thinks he's better than he is.

Just seen the run-ins on MOTD, not easy for either of you, especially taking into account what West Ham did today

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Red Caz

Quote:

Skyjacked

I'd be fuming.

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:36 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz
Richardson is your Pennant, ASBO @#%&! who thinks he's better than he is.
Believe me, Richardson makes Pennant look like Garrincha.

It never ceases to amaze me with the likes of Richardson ...& to a lesser extent Fletcher, it's as though they know they're shite & they're just waiting to be hooked.
They never look as if they're thinking "right, now's my chance. I'm gonna bust a £#%&!ing gut here...I'm gonna do everything I can for the shirt...I want that Title as badly as the 'first choice' lads"
It's always 'pass the buck' football...their nervousness spreads through the reast of the team.
Can't believe the manager gave them both a start today. Suicidal.

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

Fletcher did alright today, as he has done for the majority of games he has been used in.

He is a good squad player.

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Believe me, Richardson makes Pennant look like Garrincha.

Pennant made Pennant look like Garrincha just then - great pass

Richardson's more of a Diao then

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:45 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Fletcher did alright today, as he has done for the majority of games he has been used in.

He is a good squad player.

To be fair, I agree with you. But the lad's been getting a first team shirt for us now for 3 - 4 years, & yet he still has the body language of a terrified debutant.

If Fletcher had played today but Richardson hadn't I wouldn't have really complained, but the combination of them both playing is a disastrous one.

Fletcher is a far better player than Richardson though. Of that there is no doubt.

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
To be fair, I agree with you. But the lad's been getting a first team shirt for us now for 3 - 4 years, & yet he still has the body language of a terrified debutant.

If Fletcher had played today but Richardson hadn't I wouldn't have really complained, but the combination of them both playing is a disastrous one.

Fletcher is a far better player than Richardson though. Of that there is no doubt.
I think we were left wth no other option than to start Richardson.

Giggs was badly in need of a rest and Solskjaer could not have handled another start.

In hindsight perhaps Fergie would have started with Smith up front and Ronaldo on the left but he seems increasingly reluctant to throw Smith in (I still hold the belief that he is disappointed Smith didn't go out on loan in january)

Unread 07-04-2007, 11:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Giggs was badly in need of a rest

I don't really agree with that.
In an ideal world he could have been rested...you know, if Park was fit...or Saha was fit...but they weren't.
Needs must, Giggs had to start. £#%&! Tuesday night.

If we had scored the first goal today I think we'd have won fairly comfortably. Today was all about how we started the game..what our intentions were.
I believe starting with Richardson in particular sent out the wrong message.

Today's game was far more important than Tuesday nights IMO.

Unread 07-04-2007, 11:40 PM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Same here. Pair of childish @#%&!s

Missed O'Sheas goal too
My Dad did the same thing, kicked a chair, flew across the living room, landed on my mates foot, then he kicked another chair, lost his balance fell over Then stormed upstairs

Unread 08-04-2007, 08:19 AM
edwin

Quote:
I think we were left wth no other option than to start Richardson.
There's always another option to that.

Would rather Mike Phelan had played

Unread 08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
There's always another option to that.

Would rather Mike Phelan had played
You just wanted to see him in his tight shorts
Closed Thread