United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:33 AM
El Calafate

Default We need someone like Essien

that's my conclusion from last night's game. we have good players but where's the character, where's the physical strength? Utd were a bit lightweight last night. nft.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Hargreaves will make a huge positive difference to this team. Btw, I'm not comparing him to Essien, just saying what he'll do as we are gonna sign him.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:36 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Hargreaves will make a huge positive difference to this team. Btw, I'm not comparing him to Essien, just saying what he'll do as we are gonna sign him.
agreed. nft.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Hargreaves will be a welcome addition.

But there's more needed elsewhere, like up front or on the wing.

One or the other.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Hargreaves will be a welcome addition.

But there's more needed elsewhere, like up front or on the wing.

One or the other.
Agreed, both in fact. We need to get rid of Saha(I'm a big fan of him asa player but he's a shithouse), bring in a striker who actually wants toplay and get a young winger. We do have Evans and Rossi coming back who'll both be wecomeadditions to the 1st team squad too.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:42 AM
punk_football

Am I the only person who doesn't rate Hargreaves, he was worse than fletcher against Milan a few weeks ago (Not that Fletcher had a bad game, he was just better) If he comes and proves me wrong il be over the moon, but he'll be another waste of money.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:42 AM
caliban

my only problem is that i think we do need an aggressive £#%&!er in the keane/gattusso mould.

when your backs are against the wall, you need someone to drive the players on, both physically and verbally. i don't know much about hargreaves, but he looks a bit quiet to me.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Skag Trendy

We need Zakora

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:43 AM
El Calafate

after last nights performance, i'd let Heinze go. Silvestre? does he have a future at the club?

Out: Mickey, Gabby, Richardson, Fletcher, O'Shea, Brown, Smith, Saha.
In: Evans, Pique, Rossi, Hargreaves, Nani.

nft.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
We need Zakora
Oh if we could only get him and Huddlstone. Dream midfield.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:51 AM
armchair

Wes to Birmingham.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:07 AM
violater

is this hargreaves a different one to the one who has given the run around by milan in the 1/4s ?

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:10 AM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
is this hargreaves a different one to the one who has given the run around by milan in the 1/4s ?
What I said 6 posts up.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Ah how I look forward to your 6 week campaign of hate against him between his signing and his actually kicking a ball for us.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I didn't see the first leg of Bayern Milan but in the second leg Hargreaves did put in a lot of work but they were useless going forward.

I know they lost 2-0 at home but they were nowhere near as bad as United last night.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:13 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Ah how I look forward to your 6 week campaign of hate against him between his signing and his actually kicking a ball for us.
im not saying that but people are talking about him like he is maradona.

after what shining in a embarassing england midfield because he actually goes to try and get the ball...

if you watched him in this champions league campaign you will see that he isnt the best thing since sliced bread.

yes,i repeat yes we need a combatitive midfielder but hargreaves isnt the 2nd coming ffs.

yesterday we were beat by a better team who were full of the sort of experiance giggs and scholes have in the league.

hargreaves may have ran around but if you ask milan what midfielder did a better job agaisnt them over two legs fletcher or hargreaves the answer will shock you.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Some of you will not agree with this but Gray was right when he said United missed a player like Roy Keane last night.

Last year away to Chelsea when they were rolled over was the same, United need someone who can grab a hold of the game from midfield when everyone else around them is underperforming.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:16 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I didn't see the first leg of Bayern Milan but in the second leg Hargreaves did put in a lot of work but they were useless going forward.

I know they lost 2-0 at home but they were nowhere near as bad as United last night.
the same sort of work fletcher put in yesterday.

we were also useless going forward.

how many times did fletcher pick up the ball and try and move in forwards but saw no one showing him where to put it so he was running with it trying to make an opening for the pass.

im not saying fletcher is better than hargreaves im just saying yesterday we were beaten by a better team.

how can we improve on it?

id say we should have genuine width on both sides not just one outlet but then again i know nothing about football.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
im not saying that but people are talking about him like he is maradona.

after what shining in a embarassing england midfield because he actually goes to try and get the ball...

if you watched him in this champions league campaign you will see that he isnt the best thing since sliced bread.

yes,i repeat yes we need a combatitive midfielder but hargreaves isnt the 2nd coming ffs.

yesterday we were beat by a better team who were full of the sort of experiance giggs and scholes have in the league.

hargreaves may have ran around but if you ask milan what midfielder did a better job agaisnt them over two legs fletcher or hargreaves the answer will shock you.
I'm not saying he's Maradona or the 2nd comming or anything like that. What he is, is a very quick, energetic midfielder who gets around the park well, tackles well is a good passer and can take set pieces,. I think he'll make a very positive difference to United and he is gonna sign so we better get used to it.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:17 AM
MUFC One Love

Vio, you can't compared 2 players from 2 completely different teams. Hargreaves gets forward for Bayern for United he would do the job he does for England and he does it in style. Mascherano has 1 good game and suddenly he's the best ever and miles better than any proven midfielder. I've heard that before.....
Closed Thread