United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Absolutely top post, JC.

I'm disappointed because I still believe we are a better side than Milan; I also think a few things went against us last night that were out of our control.

But I agree with you that a little perspective is needed. At the end of it all, we’re sitting here in May disappointed that we’re not still on for the treble.

It’s certainly progress, isn’t it?

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:01 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Absolutely top post, JC.

I'm disappointed because I still believe we are a better side than Milan; I also think a few things went against us last night that were out of our control.

But I agree with you that a little perspective is needed. At the end of it all, we’re sitting here in May disappointed that we’re not still on for the treble.

It’s certainly progress, isn’t it?
Exactly.

And yes, I think we're better than Milan too. But cup competitions don't always reflect that - which is why they're enthralling.

But league's do reflect that.

Whoever finishes top deserves to win the league.

And that will be us!

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:05 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Exactly.

And yes, I think we're better than Milan too. But cup competitions don't always reflect that - which is why they're enthralling.

But league's do reflect that.

Whoever finishes top deserves to win the league.

And that will be us!
Agree with what you've said.

The league is far more important and we deserve to win it.

But.........(and I wasn't a 'BOTTLERS' last night) I was £#%&!ed off last night simply becasue I found it astonishing that Ferguson never changed things around.I wasn't angry at any player, just the manager.

But, again, I agree.'Perspective'.

If we win the league, I will be more than happy with this season.We HAVE been fantastic.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:09 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agree with what you've said.

The league is far more important and we deserve to win it.

But.........(and I wasn't a 'BOTTLERS' last night) I was £#%&!ed off last night simply becasue I found it astonishing that Ferguson never changed things around.I wasn't angry at any player, just the manager.

But, again, I agree.'Perspective'.

If we win the league, I will be more than happy with this season.We HAVE been fantastic.
We've been superb and played football 'our' way to defeat a team who have somehow managed to construct such a boring side despite infinite wealth and 'stars'.

Winning on Saturday will be so so sweet and no one on here will care a jot about yesterday come 3pm on Saturday.

Can you feel it?

Eh?

CAN YOU??

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
caliban

to my mind it's absolutely no coincidence that both united and chelsea couldn't make it past the semis. both have been stretched by too many games, cup runs and injuries.

milan and liverpool have rested and waited for these games. rio is to us what gerrard and gattusso are to their respective sides. to lose players like that leaves you very exposed against decent opposition.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban
to my mind it's absolutely no coincidence that both united and chelsea couldn't make it past the semis. both have been stretched by too many games, cup runs and injuries.

milan and liverpool have rested and waited for these games. rio is to us what gerrard and gattusso are to their respective sides. to lose players like that leaves you very exposed against decent opposition.
Aye.

It's wrong really but the abu nation would see it as bitterness.

Liverpool have had how many 'must win' games in the past few months?We've had 2.5 billion*

*Figure only an estimate.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban

People are raving about Gattuso, but he hadn't played the full ninety minutes in any of Milan's previous four games, including the one at Old Trafford.

Scholes, who is three years older, and Carrick, played every minute of United's four games in the same period.

At this stage of the season, it's ridiculous to think that is not a major advantage.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
caliban

Quote:
People are raving about Gattuso, but he hadn't played the full ninety minutes in any of Milan's previous four games, including the one at Old Trafford.

Scholes, who is three years older, and Carrick, played every minute of United's four games in the same period.

At this stage of the season, it's ridiculous to think that is not a major advantage.
totally agree with you and magic.

i think it's not all about the physical aspect either. the mental tiredness really starts to show. in the last few games for chelsea the usually robotic petr cech started making mistakes, as did vds for us, and keepers aren't really stretched physically that much.

i think that for players like wes and gabby who have concentration issues at the best of times, the mental strain told in milan.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
magic_cantona

£#%&!ing Gattuso.Good player but dreadfully overrated.

I'd take Carrick and Scholes over that little @#%&!, any day.Oh, and Hargreaves too.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
£#%&!ing Gattuso.Good player but dreadfully overrated.
I'd take Carrick and Scholes over that little @#%&!, any day.Oh, and Hargreaves too.

He was £#%&!ing dynamite last night.

MOTM by distance.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He was £#%&!ing dynamite last night.

MOTM by distance.
He had a good game, doing what he does.

He was MOTM, yes.

Is he better than Carrick or Scholes though?

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
S/Side.Red

I thought Seedorf was better. He has been excellent in all four games against us.

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:57 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I thought Seedorf was better. He has been excellent in all four games against us.
Now that, I can agree with. (edit: Sorry, I mean that he's better than Gattuso)

Gattuso - Don't believe the hype.

Unread 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Brenner

Thumbs up

Good post JC
Closed Thread