United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:28 PM
tomsdreads

Default What the £#%&! has Michael Carrick done wrong?

Delightful pass last evening to play Park in.

Fergie really does seem to have some beef with this boy, and has done ever since he helped out last winter playing centre back?

His craft, guile and vision are only second to Paul Scholes at the club, and when Scholes isn't playing I cannot understand why he is constantly overlooked.

Last night was just a further example of his talents, never rushed in possesion and if Juan Veron had played a pass like the one mentioned previous we'd be talking about if for weeks after (like we did with the Deportivo ball).

Am I just looking at the situation through Carrick tinted specs?

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:29 PM
andyroo

Default Re: What the £#%&! has Michael Carrick done wrong?

You are.

So he made one nice pass. He was mince for 89 minutes.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:30 PM
elephantstone

he looks like he has never got over the Rome defeat

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:30 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I've always been a big carrick fan but he seems to have lost something, looks slow in possession and 90% of his passes go sideways or backwards, looks like hes trying to play it simple and seems scared to take a risk.

He rarely shoots and when he does its worse than anderson.

I would have thought being overlooked would have been the spark he needed to push on.

Very rare I say this but I would move him on in the summer for his own sake.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Crumps

Close your mouth, you gormless Geordie thread starter.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I've always been a big carrick fan but he seems to have lost something, looks slow in possession and 90% of his passes go sideways or backwards, looks like hes trying to play it simple and seems scared to take a risk.

He rarely shoots and when he does its worse than anderson.

I would have thought being overlooked would have been the spark he needed to push on.

Very rare I say this but I would move him on in the summer for his own sake.
you'd move him on in the summer based on how he's doing in the autumn? interesting.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:33 PM
PaulParkers

Good footballer. No longer good enough.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:33 PM
tomsdreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
You are.

So he made one nice pass. He was mince for 89 minutes.
A game can be mince for 89 minutes and require 1 moment to change the result. Did he give possesion away often?

Hello Crumps, how are you?

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:34 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
this

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up Re: What the £#%&! has Michael Carrick done wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsdreads
A game can be mince for 89 minutes and require 1 moment to change the result. Did he give possesion away often?

Hello Crumps, how are you?
Good thanks, full of plaster though, I look a right state. Time for a cig.

BRB

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:35 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

What the £#%&! has Michael Carrick done wrong?

Been bobbins for about 2 years I'd say, he's gone from being the heartbeat of the team always looking to pass forward and make something in to a central midfielder not fit to lace Quentin Fortune's boots.
Even last night in a team that involved a lad who was playing none league 2 years ago and a lad who was a tramp 2 years ago and he still failed to shine.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:58 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Agreed - has since then and the penalty at Burnley last season - looked a very timid player!

Next stop Newcastle/Bolton for Carrick.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Time For Heroes

I think carrick's just upset as he's the only player that doesn't have a song about him (and Evra as well curiously).

Unread 27-10-2010, 02:02 PM
ScarFace

he does nothing, but andersons the best at that

Unread 27-10-2010, 02:03 PM
borsuk

he was tremendous for three years, an inspired buy to replace keane which few people understood or appreciated at the time. i think a fair bit (not all) of the criticism of carrick comes from people who never liked him for whatever reason and now finally have the chance to slag him off.

having said that, his form has been pretty poor for a while now and it's baffling as to why. if he could get back to where he was then he'd be a key player and we'd be a far more formidable side, but it's looking less and less likely.

Unread 27-10-2010, 02:06 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he was tremendous for three years, an inspired buy to replace keane which few people understood or appreciated at the time. i think a fair bit (not all) of the criticism of carrick comes from people who never liked him for whatever reason and now finally have the chance to slag him off.

having said that, his form has been pretty poor for a while now and it's baffling as to why. if he could get back to where he was then he'd be a key player and we'd be a far more formidable side, but it's looking less and less likely.
This.

Always thought he got unfair stick but now he is playing like a @#%&! and I cant defend it

Unread 27-10-2010, 02:10 PM
fix up look SHARPE

last night he should've been the stand out player on the pitch. given his considerable talent and experience you'd expect a paul scholes-esque control of the game from midfield. he kept the ball fairly well and there were some nice moments but he was the invisible man again for long periods. for all their faults, bebe and obertan at least made an impression on the game and kept on trying to get involved.

given time i think carrick will slowly play his way back into enough form to be a very useful asset to us but unfortunately he doesn't have the character or attitude to be a star.

Unread 27-10-2010, 02:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
This.

Always thought he got unfair stick but now he is playing like a @#%&! and I cant defend it
My thoughts too. I didn't mean to sound quite so grumpy upthread, I don't like our players being slagged and I recognise he's done a job for us.

He wasn't total shite last season. He had a shocker against Burnleh yes, then he had to fill in at centre half which he was totally inadequate for, but that was hardly his fault and a credit to him he was prepared to stick it out. Then he played some good games - Arse away for one - but never seemed to recover from that silly red card in Milan.

Would like to think he's not finished, but Jesus it's depressing watching him lately.

Unread 27-10-2010, 02:26 PM
tony tabletop

Quote:
Or Bayern at home.

Unread 27-10-2010, 02:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
Or Bayern at home.
This. Letting them back into the match in the way that he did will probably always haunt him
Closed Thread