United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: What the £#%&! has Michael Carrick done wrong?

i'm with baron, pulling Berbatov was a shocker. mancini would've covered/copied whatever ferguson did imo, and even if he didn't we'd have scored at least once anyway. should've took a risk. it could be a decent point come May, but it should've been 3

that was nearly as big a stroll in the park for united's far superior players as the 2007 1-0 game btw.

Unread 11-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Coracao

'Stroll in the park'

It was a tight game, where we had the better of the possession. Created pretty much nothing with it and prevented the opposition from doing so.

The teams cancelled each other out.

Unread 11-11-2010, 07:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Carrick got a 9 in the MEN today....motwyw

Unread 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

United strolled through the game in almost total control for extended periods. just the way it was tbh.

this thread is funny reading it back. it's not just the usual liu juan/sparky type £#%&!wits saying carrick should be £#%&!ed off asap.

Unread 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
United strolled through the game in almost total control for extended periods. just the way it was tbh.

this thread is funny reading it back. it's not just the usual liu juan/sparky type £#%&!wits saying carrick should be £#%&!ed off asap.
yeah but he's shit innit

Unread 11-11-2010, 07:54 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
we £#%&!ing drew 0-0.

Unread 11-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
we £#%&!ing drew 0-0.
I wouldn't mind if we had created numerous chances and just didnt put them away

Unread 11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I wouldn't mind if we had created numerous chances and just didnt put them away
i've never heard of a team strolling to a nil nil draw before.

the guy is on a different planet sometimes.

Unread 11-11-2010, 08:57 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

thought carrick was superb last night, makes you wonder what's been up with him for the last year and a half, agree witht the points about us taking more of a risk in the game as well

Unread 11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
i've never heard of a team strolling to a nil nil draw before.

the guy is on a different planet sometimes.
sorry yeah, 4-0 equal stroll. cool calm collected professional controlling of a game in which we were superior in all departments and the home side didn't create a single chance equals hard fought 0-0. keep forgetting football chatter has to be phrased in short-cut-to-thinking terminology.

Unread 11-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think Berbs was subbed because City, at that particular moment, were developing what for them was a decent spell of possession and pressure. Berbatov is a problem in that respect because, as the furthest man forward, he neither puts sufficient pressure on the ball, which allows them to build the play more easily, or offer a pacey outlet on the break, which means they're invited to push up and play further up the field. As well as he did on the ball last night - and at times he was excellent - he can be a liability in this type of situation. As soon as Chicharito came on, City were forced to drop deeper, and United quickly re-established control without changing the shape of the side.
It's true. Berbs for all he's good at can't play that Ronaldo role. Rooney can, but that makes no space for Berbs. System has to change to accomdate.

Unread 12-11-2010, 09:53 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
sorry yeah, 4-0 equal stroll. cool calm collected professional controlling of a game in which we were superior in all departments and the home side didn't create a single chance equals hard fought 0-0. keep forgetting football chatter has to be phrased in short-cut-to-thinking terminology.
i love the way you think the reason you're derided on here is that you're somehow 'too clever' for us to understand. it's not. it's cause you chat shit.

are you happy with players strolling through a derby game that they aren't even creating any chances in, let alone winning?

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:10 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think Berbs was subbed because City, at that particular moment, were developing what for them was a decent spell of possession and pressure. Berbatov is a problem in that respect because, as the furthest man forward, he neither puts sufficient pressure on the ball, which allows them to build the play more easily, or offer a pacey outlet on the break, which means they're invited to push up and play further up the field. As well as he did on the ball last night - and at times he was excellent - he can be a liability in this type of situation. As soon as Chicharito came on, City were forced to drop deeper, and United quickly re-established control without changing the shape of the side.
with the personnel we had, i think that's true. nani was off form/unfit and park is not the most direct and penetrative of players. berbatov can play the role well with a fit nani and valencia there to provide pace and penetration but with the players we had available it was a good change.

Unread 12-11-2010, 12:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
oh right, here's jem!

cheers for clearing that up.
well what was the previous comment base on?

berbatov was playing well right up to when he was taken off. he wasn't flagging. why pretend he was taken of for being ill?

p.s. bitch

Unread 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
with the personnel we had, i think that's true. nani was off form/unfit and park is not the most direct and penetrative of players. berbatov can play the role well with a fit nani and valencia there to provide pace and penetration but with the players we had available it was a good change.

Unread 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Fountz

caught the last 10 minutes of the Derby ( top red ) ...have to say, I thought Carrick was alright in a very non-inspirational water carrier type role.

The exception rather than rule I think.

Unread 12-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up Re: What the £#%&! has Michael Carrick done wrong?

Quote:
i love the way you think the reason you're derided on here is that you're somehow 'too clever' for us to understand. it's not. it's cause you chat shit.

are you happy with players strolling through a derby game that they aren't even creating any chances in, let alone winning?

Unread 12-11-2010, 02:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

No - but enough about ciddy
Closed Thread