United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2013, 07:35 PM
rafabio

Default Ezequiel Garay

Didn't see a thread on him. Might as well have one. Strange transfer if we sign him.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...Ezequiel-Garay

He changed his agent in March this year. His current agent is Mendes. You can see the attractions

Unread 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM
rogieop

snaffle

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:26 PM
RedMenace

Doesn't he play centre back not left back?!

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:29 PM
irk

Didnt he sell his soul to the devil? Somewhere thre rotting picture of him in a panini sticker album.

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Doesn't he play centre back not left back?!
Word on the street is Fabio's loan has ended.

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:52 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Word on the street is Fabio's loan has ended.
I'm not sure where you're going with that tbh. I'm on about the article constantly referring to Garay as a left back.

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I'm not sure where you're going with that tbh. I'm on about the article constantly referring to Garay as a left back.

I see your point.

I thought you were saying we need another left back.

Unread 12-06-2013, 10:14 AM
rafabio

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 44m
Portuguese daily The Record claims Manchester United have a gentlemen's agreement to buy long term target Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay.

More rumours in portugese press

Unread 12-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 44m
Portuguese daily The Record claims Manchester United have a gentlemen's agreement to buy long term target Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay.

More rumours in portugese press
I though the 44m was a £#%&!ing figure for a brief second :facepalm:

How much are we talking? Surely we won't spend more than £20m on a defender with CM still so £#%&!ing obviously lacking....

Unread 12-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Aman27deep

Why should we pay more than 10m for this guy?

Unread 12-06-2013, 12:02 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I though the 44m was a £#%&!ing figure for a brief second :facepalm:

How much are we talking? Surely we won't spend more than £20m on a defender with CM still so £#%&!ing obviously lacking....
17m is the rumoured fee...

Unread 12-06-2013, 12:08 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Mendes, NFT.

5 defenders are enough.

Unread 12-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
17m is the rumoured fee...
Only 26... but is an Argie, so bound to be a @#%&!.

Not fussed, let's try & get a £#%&!ing good midfielder though yeah... just one.

Unread 12-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Only 26... but is an Argie, so bound to be a @#%&!.

Not fussed, let's try & get a £#%&!ing good midfielder though yeah... just one.

Unread 12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Why should we pay more than 10m for this guy?
He's one of Benfica's key men and Madrid will get a cut of the fee. They won't settle for less than £17m or so.

Is Moyes actually going to buy any of his own players?

Unread 12-06-2013, 02:15 PM
RedMenace

The Glazers are nothing like gentlemen either so there's no guarantee this will happen at all.

Unread 12-06-2013, 02:22 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yeah, that is exactly what will happen. If we sign Garay it means Moyes wants to play Jones in midfield, despite by all reports this deal being done months ago under Fergie. Jesus, some people like to make stuff up to do with Moyes and create scenarios to have a pop at him.
Ah right, thanks for clearing that up

Reports it was done months ago, its reported we are after Ronaldo so frankly that means £#%&! all.

If this guy is any good why wouldn't it mean Jones to midfield? I presume this guy will be fighting for a starting place from the off with Rio, Vidic, Evans, Smalling and Jones? Factor in some youngsters too for the cups and that's a lot of CB's. I wouldn't like to be at the bottom of that pecking order that's for sure.

Now unless someone is leaving that we don't know about £#%&! this guy off and buy a centre mid

Unread 12-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Whalefish

Smalling is always injured, Rio and Vidic are getting on a bit.

Unread 12-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Barracuda

This Garay business is exactly the same crap we were hearing last year about Gaitan - definitely signed, gentleman's agreement and all the rest of it. And what came of it ... square root of £#%&! all.

I know we have a CB meltdown at least once a season when they are all injured at the same time, but we generally have more than enough. If Mosey is going to bomb one or two of them out then fair enough, but all things being equal Garay isn't needed - and even if we were to be after a CB I'd like to think we could find a better one than him.

Incidentally, what is a 'gentleman's agreement' as opposed to any normal kind of deal being agreed

Unread 12-06-2013, 02:55 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
This Garay business is exactly the same crap we were hearing last year about Gaitan - definitely signed, gentleman's agreement and all the rest of it. And what came of it ... square root of £#%&! all.

I know we have a CB meltdown at least once a season when they are all injured at the same time, but we generally have more than enough. If Mosey is going to bomb one or two of them out then fair enough, but all things being equal Garay isn't needed - and even if we were to be after a CB I'd like to think we could find a better one than him.

Incidentally, what is a 'gentleman's agreement' as opposed to any normal kind of deal being agreed
Wasn't that what Keane had with KKK at Blackburn before £#%&!ing him off
Closed Thread