United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2014, 11:59 PM
andyroo

To be fair if I was Michael Laudrup I'd be phoning it in, so I could devote more of my time to being Michael Laudrup.

Unread 05-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Sparky***

Still managed to phone in a victory over moyes.

Unread 05-02-2014, 12:04 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Still managed to phone in a victory over moyes.
As has Steve Clarke, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew and Tim £#%&!in Sherwood ffs. £#%&!in Moyes.

Unread 05-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Probably not by the sounds of things

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...6#.UvFv0xB_uSp
The problem is them, not Laudrup, but with that said Moyes would be perfect for them.

Unread 05-02-2014, 12:47 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
As has Steve Clarke, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew and Tim £#%&!in Sherwood ffs. £#%&!in Moyes.
It looks even worse put like that

Unread 05-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Probably not by the sounds of things

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...6#.UvFv0xB_uSp
Sounds absolutely deliberate to me. He probably decided after the loss to West Ham he'd had enough, so he £#%&!ed off to Paris, gave them two days off and came back to collect his £4.5 million payout

Unread 05-02-2014, 01:25 AM
taff

Quote:
Much of the training camp was spent drinking. The players wanted discipline - and did not get it.
football's turned on its £#%&!ing head

Unread 05-02-2014, 02:39 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Sounds absolutely deliberate to me. He probably decided after the loss to West Ham he'd had enough, so he £#%&!ed off to Paris, gave them two days off and came back to collect his £4.5 million payout
Exactly. Knew it was a lost cause and collected his winnings.

Unread 05-02-2014, 04:04 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. And the club statement couldn't make it clearer. Bizarre all the people saying this is a 'crazy sacking' or some such. He had to go.

Unread 05-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yep. And the club statement couldn't make it clearer. Bizarre all the people saying this is a 'crazy sacking' or some such. He had to go.
Like with Villas-Boas, it's odd reading comments expressing this sort of deep sympathy for him. He's not about to sign on at Swansea job centre and move into a bedsit. He's just picked up a cheque for £4.5 million ffs

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
The problem is them, not Laudrup, but with that said Moyes would be perfect for them.
He's done very well out of them considering he'd done nothing in his previous couple of jobs. This spell has been great for his image.

They'll be fine. One of the best run clubs in the league and are so well organised and cohesive as a club that it doesn't seem to matter who is in charge they still vastly overperform, given that they have the smallest wage bill in the league.

If Laudrup gave the green light for signing Shelvey then he wants binning for that alone, tbh.

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's done very well out of them considering he'd done nothing in his previous couple of jobs. This spell has been great for his image.

They'll be fine. One of the best run clubs in the league and are so well organised and cohesive as a club that it doesn't seem to matter who is in charge they still vastly overperform, given that they have the smallest wage bill in the league.

If Laudrup gave the green light for signing Shelvey then he wants binning for that alone, tbh.
it's amazing they ever did so well considering they've got one of the worst central defensive partnerships since Prunier and Gary Neville

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's amazing they ever did so well considering they've got one of the worst central defensive partnerships since Prunier and Gary Neville
Keeping the ball, I guess. Same thing that worked for Barcelona to protect weak defenders.

Players also very comfortable in that style because the approach and coaching doesn't change much from manager to manager.

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:43 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Keeping the ball, I guess. Same thing that worked for Barcelona to protect weak defenders.

Players also very comfortable in that style because the approach and coaching doesn't change much from manager to manager.
Hasn't seemed to work for us...

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

they aren't actually very good at it atm

wonder how that martinez bloke's getting on, he looked as if he had a few good ideas

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:52 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Hasn't seemed to work for us...

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
they aren't actually very good at it atm

wonder how that martinez bloke's getting on, he looked as if he had a few good ideas
Except at Old Trafford :shakehead:

But they have the highest average possession in the league at 60% and highest team pass completion at 86%. It surely makes up the difference given that individually they're low on quality from what I've seen. Without that philosophy I doubt they'd be in the top flight.

Unread 05-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Vedder

He's a fraud.

They've gone backwards under him. Best thing he did was pick up Michu for 2m

Unread 05-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:

to be fair he won stuff in Denmark, and 2 of his jobs were in spain where you get no were if you aren't manageing Barcelona or Real Madrid.
Closed Thread