Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-11-2007, 10:36 PM
denis the king

Default Munich Tribute 2008. Taken from a Blue Forum

I have found this on citymancs forum.

Here is the link.

http://smf.citymancs.com/forum/index.php?topic=7101.0

i am going to have a word with Bernard halford he was busy today ,i am going to ask him if city could print a photo of frank swift with his date of birth and date of death also how many games he played for city also how many caps he won for England .

we will need about 3,000 of these i think does anyone know exactly how many tickets we get for the rags ,

i also got told today that [SIZE="5"]both teams are to wear the kits of 1958 with out names or sponsors and from 1 to 11 as well i think this is a great idea i hope the prem allow it to happen

Unread 19-11-2007, 10:45 PM
waynes ear's

they are getting 3007 tickets

but a nice touch from the blue third of manchester for a change

Unread 19-11-2007, 10:55 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis the king
i also got told today that [SIZE="5"]both teams are to wear the kits of 1958 with out names or sponsors and from 1 to 11 as well i think this is a great idea i hope the prem allow it to happen[/i]
That'd be a really nice touch.

No doubt that @#%&! from Runcorn will be on here in a bit to tell us all how it won't happen

Unread 19-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

No doubt that @#%&! from Runcorn will be on here in a bit to tell us all how it won't happen
was just waiting for him actually. For some reason always pops up on these threads as if he is the representative.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Cantona's collar

A nice gesture from the blue @#%&!s tbf, pity its taken this long for them to realise that the Munich air disaster is a Manchester tragedy and not just a Manchester United tragedy.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:03 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
was just waiting for him actually. For some reason always pops up on these threads as if he is the representative.
Sad thing is, with the club no longer talking to IMUSA, MUST etc, him and his plastic banner brigade are the only fans group with access to the club.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Betty's Hotpot

£#%&! the blue @#%&!s, they could make a big flag with the munich victims faces on, or do a sponsored walk from stockport to the ground to raise money for the victims, families but they will still be blue @#%&!s. Can't believe you're giving them credit.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Scabs

Credit where credit is due, mate.

Would be a nice touch. Can't see it happening, more's the pity.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:35 PM
denis the king

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Sad thing is, with the club no longer talking to IMUSA, MUST etc, him and his plastic banner brigade are the only fans group with access to the club.
Since this whole thing started I have had nothing but positive vibes from the various people who have contacted me about it especially those who know someone within OT. How they all loved the idea, how great they thought it would be for the sponsors etc, how fitting they thought it was, how they weren't looking at the event as a money making exercise etc,etc,etc.

That is with the exception of one individual.

The one person who liked to send private messages asking me who I got my information from, telling me to stop getting people to write into the club as they had got the message and it was pissing them off, then giving the impression that HE was part of the decision making process. How stretford end flags and 'other groups' had been warned off.

So I had my contacts ask around.

And guess what.

Lo and behold I was told from more than one source that the said individual was mightily peed off because he thought he was the only 'Red' that the club was listening to, he thought that he would be able to somehow control all the dialogue between the fans and the club and his nose had been put right royally out of joint because he wasn't in control of the whole shooting match with regard to the Tribute Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Credit where credit is due, mate.

Would be a nice touch. Can't see it happening, more's the pity.
As far as I am concerned it IS happening, including City playing in a retro kit.

There may be a few issues still to iron out but don't let anyone tell you that it wont. Especially you know who.

I 'll give him 5 minutes before the denials start but fortunately I have kept all the pm's.

And I 'll post 'em to prove what I am saying is true.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Ed Sullivan

As I've said before, fair play mate.

It has nothing what so ever to do with that snivelling little git, so you keep pressing it and know that the majority are behind you. Just ignore him, he has no more power in the club than anyone else. He's just apart of a joke of a faction who make shitty flags.

If he does anything to £#%&! this up I can see him being hung, drawn and quartered.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Betty's Hotpot

That's right give the blue @#%&!s credit whilst at the same time giving a decent red shit. A new low this is. Know your enemy for £#%&!s sake. Next you'll be saying that city's main firm aren't sausage jockeys, they're just misunderstood.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty's Hotpot
That's right give the blue @#%&!s credit whilst at the same time giving a decent red shit. A new low this is. Know your enemy for £#%&!s sake. Next you'll be saying that city's main firm aren't sausage jockeys, they're just misunderstood.
what are you blabbering about?

This has nothing to do with rivalry. 'Know your enemy' £#%&!ing hell, gimme strength.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:47 PM
42ndstreet irregular

It would be fantastic if both clubs played in an old kit. Surely both clubs would be breaking rules if we don't use squad numbers though. First I've heard about city playing in an old kit.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Betty's Hotpot

A thread that was started to point out how wonderful city fans are, then proceeded in slagging match going Reds off is a £#%&!ing joke. I suppose you lot think of Chelsea as our sworn enemy. No wonder there's no passion at derbys anymore.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:55 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
As I've said before, fair play mate.

It has nothing what so ever to do with that snivelling little git, so you keep pressing it and know that the majority are behind you. Just ignore him, he has no more power in the club than anyone else. He's just apart of a joke of a faction who make shitty flags.

If he does anything to £#%&! this up I can see him being hung, drawn and quartered.
I echo Ed's sentiments denis. Tbh, the way that runcorn #@&%! has been giving it large recently, I always thought his hostility to the idea was born of jealousy.

I emailed the club supporting this when your idea was first posted on RI and I'd suggest other Reds do the same if they agree. Lets make it happen.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
A thread that was started to point out how wonderful city fans are, then proceeded in slagging match going Reds off is a £#%&!ing joke. I suppose you lot think of Chelsea as our sworn enemy. No wonder there's no passion at derbys anymore.
You really are low mate. This is about Munich not blues. Tufty does seem to think that he is the voice, just read what denis has said ffs.

I agree with you that the derbys are shit. Have been for years.

denis the king

Quote:
At some point someone, somewhere is actually going to have to give them credit so I think I will make a start here and now.

I was told that Manchester City Football Club asked if they could wear a retro kit as well.

To which I say good for them. I said some time ago that when all the details came out an organisation that was usually on the end of a lot of shit from United fans would need to be given due credit.

I know for a fact that they are shitting themselves as to what, and I quote 'the knuckle dragging element' would get up to on the day.

So as far as I am concerned City deserve a 'thank you' and a round of applause from me for the contribution they are making to the day to make it as fitting and poignant a tribute that those who perished deserve.

If you happen to disagree with me then thats your prerogative but I think you will find you are in a very small ( minded) minority.

neworder

Maybe this was planned all along and thats why the PL arranged the fixture to tie with the derby

We'll see though

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
Maybe this was planned all along and thats why the PL arranged the fixture to tie with the derby

We'll see though

i think it's an error of judgement - there's too large a segment that could embarrass us on this one - which would be a shame for everyone involved.

although the last time there was a potentially incendiary occassion, for george best's death, the club were quite savvy - they had a load of city legends at the ground and asked us to join them in a minutes silence for their good friend. worked a treat - hopefully they'll pull off something similar this time.

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:09 AM
denis the king

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
It would be fantastic if both clubs played in an old kit. Surely both clubs would be breaking rules if we don't use squad numbers though. First I've heard about city playing in an old kit.
Only if the Premier League don't allow it.

Anyone for a banner headline on the Evening News?

[SIZE="4"]PREMIER LEAGUE REFUSE UNITED AND CITY PERMISSION TO REMEMBER MUNICH DEAD
Closed Thread