Originally Posted by Switching Off
Has he gone yet?
No. And he won’t.

‘There will be more days like this’

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
They’ll be convincing themselves it was a one-off, a bump in the road. We won only three days earlier etc.

Anyone paying attention can see that this has been brewing for a while and we are getting what our performances deserve.

We’ve won 6 out of 13 matches and only one of those wasn’t without its issues: Leeds, Newcastle was comfortable on paper. Atalanta, West Ham, Wolves, Villareal are the others and we were very fortunate to get out of there with those results.

And this was happening late last season. We haven’t played well for any kind of consistency since Christmas of last year when we won 9 in 11 games and even those were chaotic.

Our best run of form coincided with the black hole of Covid and asterisk football. If we can dismiss Liverpool’s title, then we need to dismiss our good form too.

We haven’t looked a calm, controlled team at any point during his tenure. All our good spells have been chaotic too.
Astute summary. I can't actually recall where l felt we controlled the game and dictated the tempo. Pretty much every game this season l haven't felt confident of the result - regardless of opposition. The European campaign should be dead and buried now as it has been a shit show. The league is done which leaves the FA Cup

£#%&! the Glazers..

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:43 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
£#%&! the Glazers..

This.

They knew exactly what they were doing appointing Ole.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Comes to something when this scouser has to spell it out whilst Neville wibbles in the £#%&!ing corner.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:44 PM
dunk

Lose at Spurs and he’ll walk imo.

Unread 24-10-2021, 08:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Comes to something when this scouser has to spell it out whilst Neville wibbles in the £#%&!ing corner.
https://twitter.com/MrTomMcDermott/s...45631905927173
Imagine a major corporation not hiring a top class proven CEO, because two previous ones they appointed didn't work out.

That is essentially what Neville was arguing. Deluded idiot.

Carragher showed him up today, as he often does when they are talking about Utd.

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
This.

They knew exactly what they were doing appointing Ole.
Yep.

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:09 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’ll never walk from a payout on a 3 year contract

If he didn’t after that then he never will

It simply does not get worse than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Imagine a major corporation not hiring a top class proven CEO, because two previous ones they appointed didn't work out.

That is essentially what Neville was arguing. Deluded idiot.

Carragher showed him up today, as he often does when they are talking about Utd.
Neville often loves to use the phrase “best in class” apart from when it comes to Utd managers

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:15 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

So do we still just need a good number 2?

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:18 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
So do we still just need a good number 2?
Already had a shit mate.

You?

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:28 PM
silv

Dead man walking.

The media taking pity on him here. Hope he goes out with a bang rather than death by a thousand cuts

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:43 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Waiting to hear what he says in the post match interview

Clearly he has to go as how can he go into the OT dugout as manager again after that
However I just can’t see the club being ruthless enough or having the competence to realise what has to be done

It will probably take Ole to call it quits
It’s like Keith Chegwin in Extras smiling at the camera after saying “cos I buried me sister today”

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:49 PM
Drexl

Quote:
It’s like Keith Chegwin in Extras smiling at the camera after saying “cos I buried me sister today”
sooo... it's a good thing?

Unread 24-10-2021, 10:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
https://twitter.com/MrTomMcDermott/s...45631905927173
This. I’ve always rated Neville but Carragher has nailed him here. He needs to stop protecting his mates.

Toe sucking Scholes nailed it midweek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He shouldn’t be there in the first place.
Embarrassing.

Unread 24-10-2021, 10:03 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Neville is off his rocker...

Stick with this until the end of the season?
I’d love to go on that overlap and wade in….

“Gary, I do believe your morals at principles to be admirable. With more voices like you this country would be in a better place.

However, I believe you need to be stood down from your position of analysing Manchester United. You’re position is clearly compromised between your job, which is to offer incisive analysis of the fundamental issues facing the club & that of your loyalty to former team mates.
There’s a clear conflict of interest going on here, to the extent you are doing your paying customers a disservice by repeatedly dodging the core questions.

It is a sad indictment that Jamie Carragher, a man with vested loyalties elsewhere is more prepared to hold your club to account in the interest of progress.

S2S

Unread 24-10-2021, 10:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:

‘Cos my sister buried me today’

‘Oh for £#%&!’s sake!’
Closed Thread