I'll have 1/2 a pint of what you've been supping
http://footballfriendsonline.com/201...pool-teenager/

Unread 15-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I'm with Neo on this one actually
Me too

People trying to predict what he'll be like in TEN years time. I know there have been advancements in science by ffs.

Unread 16-09-2014, 12:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Long as he continues to change his game he'll easily do it. Giggs is the perfect example of what he could be during the final days of his career.

I see Ballague has been saying the offer is there for him.
Ronaldo doesn't have Giggsy's playmaking abilities.

Ronaldo without pace is basically a penalty box player. Blowing obscene money on a striker who would be coming up 31 seems nuts.

But after this summer, who £#%&!ing knows

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:11 AM
crockster

Talking

Ramon Calderon:
Quote:
"Cristiano (Ronaldo) is fed up with the policy of Florentino Perez. When he came to Real Madrid with Arjen Robben he thought he would be a good colleague for him in the team but then Robben was sold.

"Two years ago it was Gonzalo Higuain sold and he didn't like that. Last year he thought it was a mistake to let Mesut Ozil leave and the last straw was selling Xabi Alonso and Angel Di Maria this summer."

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:16 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Ronaldo without pace is basically a penalty box player. Blowing obscene money on a striker who would be coming up 31 seems nuts.

But its £#%&!ing Ronaldo

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

yep. absolutely no way to this please.

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:21 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Only concern in all this return talk is where Ashley Young will fit in.

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Crumps

Did we know Giggs had playmaking abilities until he was well past 30? I don't remember anyone calling that, I do remember about 4 years of people saying he should retire though.

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:26 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Did we know Giggs had playmaking abilities until he was well past 30? I don't remember anyone calling that, I do remember about 4 years of people saying he should retire though.
I'm not talking about him becoming a CM though, just feel he has all the tools to redevelop himself in another role.

Only god knows I guess.

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Withers

So this is all just an excuse for Calderon to have a go at Perez as he hates him?

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
So this is all just an excuse for Calderon to have a go at Perez as he hates him?
Pretty much

Ronaldo coming back

We've moved on Chris, get over us hey......you made your bed...piss in it.

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I'm not talking about him becoming a CM though, just feel he has all the tools to redevelop himself in another role.

Only god knows I guess.
Due to his physicality, fitness levels and work ethic he will have at least another 6 years in him at the top level, not only is he fast as £#%&! and strong as £#%&! he is technically excellent too. Could easily reinvent himself wherever he wanted to imo.

More and more players will be having careers past their mid 30's due to lifestyle and sports science developments. Injuries permitting of course. If anyone was going to go down the Zanetti/Giggs route it's Ronnie.

Unread 16-09-2014, 10:33 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
He loves a pop at Perez, after all it's was his signing.

Unread 16-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Alan

I would hardly complain, but really it would be a bit of a piss take.

£#%&!s off there, gives them his best years, then comes back when he's past it.

Unread 16-09-2014, 11:44 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I would hardly complain, but really it would be a bit of a piss take.

£#%&!s off there, gives them his best years, then comes back when he's past it.
Debatable.

Goals yes, entertainment no chance.

Unread 16-09-2014, 11:53 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Due to his physicality, fitness levels and work ethic he will have at least another 6 years in him at the top level, not only is he fast as £#%&! and strong as £#%&! he is technically excellent too. Could easily reinvent himself wherever he wanted to imo.

More and more players will be having careers past their mid 30's due to lifestyle and sports science developments. Injuries permitting of course. If anyone was going to go down the Zanetti/Giggs route it's Ronnie.
Look at supreme athletes like Rio and Henry and how the wear and tear caught up with them quickly in their early 30s. I'm not sure it matters how fast you are, the pace doesn't last much past 30. You get a a year or two if you're lucky.

Without that burst to get away from players with the ball, I think he could just settle as a pure striker. It's not that different to what he's been doing at times recently. Wait for the ball and be deadly as £#%&! in and around the area.

Unread 16-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Look at supreme athletes like Rio and Henry and how the wear and tear caught up with them quickly in their early 30s. I'm not sure it matters how fast you are, the pace doesn't last much past 30. You get a a year or two if you're lucky.

Without that burst to get away from players with the ball, I think he could just settle as a pure striker. It's not that different to what he's been doing at times recently. Wait for the ball and be deadly as £#%&! in and around the area.
Aye, pace was referring to him as it stands at the moment losing a yard or two won't see him put out to pasture.

Time will tell, injuries permitting of course.

Unread 16-09-2014, 12:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Aye, pace was referring to him as it stands at the moment losing a yard or two won't see him put out to pasture.

Time will tell, injuries permitting of course.
Yep, plenty of strikers score goals with a yard or two less pace than him. But few strikers seem to maintain their prime past 30.

It's the only role I can see for him. Aside from the fact that I don't think he has playmaking qualities, I'm not sure he'd like that. Setting up everyone else for the glory. I reckon he'd sooner £#%&! off to the States, which personally I think is where he might end up.

Unread 16-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Baron

Quote:
Yep, plenty of strikers score goals with a yard or two less pace than him. But few strikers seem to maintain their prime past 30.

It's the only role I can see for him. Aside from the fact that I don't think he has playmaking qualities, I'm not sure he'd like that. Setting up everyone else for the glory. I reckon he'd sooner £#%&! off to the States, which personally I think is where he might end up.
He's more likely to be a Di Natale than an Henry though, his appetite is such that he won't be mincing around with his chin out looking to be a flash @#%&!, he'll be sniffing goals in the box or lashing them in from 25 yards the same as ever. He'll obviously not maintain his 50-60 goal output but a 25-30 a season guarantee for a few years is basically the same in England tbh. Could see him doing it for at least 3 or 4 seasons which is good enough for me.

Unread 16-09-2014, 01:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He's more likely to be a Di Natale than an Henry though, his appetite is such that he won't be mincing around with his chin out looking to be a flash @#%&!, he'll be sniffing goals in the box or lashing them in from 25 yards the same as ever. He'll obviously not maintain his 50-60 goal output but a 25-30 a season guarantee for a few years is basically the same in England tbh. Could see him doing it for at least 3 or 4 seasons which is good enough for me.
Di Natale is obviously quick & nimble but he also relies a lot on technique. Volleying them in off either foot from ridiculous angles

Plus he plays in a less intense league. 25-30 goals at the age of 33-34 in English football? I dunno.

But as TBR said earlier, if somebody can do it, he can.
Closed Thread