United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2017, 11:15 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
New to most of the potatoes on here? In fact, on most forums tbf.

Some of us wacky @#%&!s like to wait until a player is actually in the shirt and judge him after a season or two
Thank god you're not a scout then...

Unread 16-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Well, yeah

Unread 16-06-2017, 11:57 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro

Boom.

Do you think we should spend 50m on this guy whip?

Duh. I don't know. Lets sign him and see

Unread 16-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex

Boom.

Do you think we should spend 50m on this guy whip?

Duh. I don't know. Lets sign him and see

Do you think we shouldn't? If so, why not?

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:02 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Do you think we shouldn't? If so, why not?
No. Too expensive. Not good enough. Too old.

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
No. Too expensive. Not good enough. Too old.
What makes you think he's too expensive in the current market?
Why isn't he good enough?
Why is 28 too old?

I don't know anything about him, you obviously do, educate me

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:08 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Add a few quid and get Dembele out of Dortmund. RW sorted for a decade and a potential World Record sell on in 8 years time.
They want £89m for Dembele

Quote:
£#%&! me, you are straw-manning all over the £#%&!ing show atm
"add a few quid and get Dembele" isn't a straw man then?

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
They want £89m for Dembele

"add a few quid and get Dembele" isn't a straw man then?
No, it was an alternative option, as opposed to £55m on a player who has little improvement to make and has never hit any real heights anyway.

£79m is what was quoted for Dembele. An additional £24m for a player that could be here a decade or may actually have a bit of sell on value at some point? Yeah, straw man.

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:14 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
What makes you think he's too expensive in the current market?
Why is 28 too old?

I don't know anything about him, you obviously do, educate me
You know you're asking fuzzy about football right?

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:23 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
No, it was an alternative option, as opposed to £55m on a player who has little improvement to make and has never hit any real heights anyway.

£79m is what was quoted for Dembele. An additional £24m for a player that could be here a decade or may actually have a bit of sell on value at some point? Yeah, straw man.
Was playing for a poorer Dortmund side at the same age as Dembele and scored more goals for them.

We can't keep buying potential.....We've already got Martial and Rashford as forwards, getting a bit of experience in wide areas is needed

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Was playing for a poorer Dortmund side at the same age as Dembele and scored more goals for them.

We can't keep buying potential.....We've already got Martial and Rashford as forwards, getting a bit of experience in wide areas is needed
Not for that sort of money though. £20-25m, fine. The figures they're talking about? Nah.

Personally think you have to fill the squad with potential and let it grow and improve together and become a team, as opposed to just throwing different combinations of experienced players together every year or two and hoping for the best..

Would much rather watch Bailly, Lindlehof, Tuanzebe and TFM attempt to become our CB pairing, for instance than signing a 29-30 year old CB as experience.

Would much rather watch Martial on the left than Perisic.

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:32 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Not for that sort of money though. £20-25m, fine. The figures they're talking about? Nah.

Personally think you have to fill the squad with potential and let it grow and improve together and become a team, as opposed to just throwing different combinations of experienced players together every year or two and hoping for the best..

Would much rather watch Bailly, Linlehof, Tuanzebe and TFM attempt to become our CB pairing, for instance than signing a 29-30 year old CB as experience.
We need to be challenging now pal

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
We need to be challenging now pal
Challenge for a year, struggle for a year etc. or build a team that can challenge every year?

Patience is required, not a quick fix.

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Challenge for a year, struggle for a year etc. or build a team that can challenge every year?

Patience is required, not a quick fix.
If we don't challenge this season you of all people will be going mental José out. We already have a lot of 'potential' in their squad, we need first teammers with experience who are going to be able to play consistently and young player/potential are inconsistent by their very nature.

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:45 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Why is 28 too old?

Come back to me later when you've prepared some better questions.

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
If we don't challenge this season you of all people will be going mental José out. We already have a lot of 'potential' in their squad, we need first teammers with experience who are going to be able to play consistently and young player/potential are inconsistent by their very nature.
No I won't, just as I didn't last season nor did I under LvG.

If the football is £#%&!ing shit I will.

Unread 16-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Crumps

Quote:
No I won't, just as I didn't last season

If the football is £#%&!ing shit I will.
The football will be shit if we've got young and inexperienced players filling more key positions there will be some lovely bits of skill for a highlights package nqat. We need quality with consistency and experience atm.

Unread 16-06-2017, 01:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The football will be shit if we've got young and inexperienced players filling more key positions there will be some lovely bits of skill for a highlights package nqat. We need quality with consistency and experience atm.
The football will be shit if our go to game plan is to sit off and launch balls at the number 9 and hope to pick up pieces, wingers doubling up as fullbacks, not allowing fullbacks to cross the halfway line etc. Won't matter how old the players are.

Unread 16-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Come back to me later when you've prepared some better questions.
In other words,

"I haven't a clue what I'm talking about so £#%&! off Clarkie"

Unread 16-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We really shouldn't be signing anyone unless they're 18.

No, wait. £#%&! that. 14.

Even better, 12.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5qlu08
Closed Thread