United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
dunk

Default Re: Giddiness could reach new heights tonight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
have people on here stopped crying over david silva yet? not exactly setting the league alight so far.
Exactly what United are lacking imo. A sure fire hit.

Him or Hamsik. Hamsik will get 20 goals a season from midfield in the PL. Fact.

Unread 01-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
have people on here stopped crying over david silva yet? not exactly setting the league alight so far.
Early 'doors'* though isn't it. He's a cracking player.

*whatever that means

Unread 01-10-2010, 11:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Exactly what United are lacking imo. A sure fire hit.

Him or Hamsik. Hamsik will get 20 goals a season from midfield in the PL. Fact.
No player could improve us, our record so far this season proves it.

Unread 01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No player could improve us, our record so far this season proves it.
Not strictly true.

Having a fit Rio, Rooney, Hargreaves, Anderson, Valencia and Carrick all season so far would've made a hell of a difference.

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:16 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Early 'doors'* though isn't it. He's a cracking player.

*whatever that means
When pubs used to close in the afternoons, the people who were waiting outside at 6pm when they re-opened were said to be there at "early doors".

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not strictly true.

Having a fit Rio, Rooney, Hargreaves, Anderson, Valencia and Carrick all season so far would've made a hell of a difference.
Yes but that was bacsically impossible and anyone with half a brain knew it.

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yes but that was bacsically impossible and anyone with half a brain knew it.
I was being flippant.

Just the same as saying we should've bought Ozil, Silva, Hamsik or whoever. They could all be missing too.

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
When pubs used to close in the afternoons, the people who were waiting outside at 6pm when they re-opened were said to be there at "early doors".
Ah. Ta.

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I was being flippant.

Just the same as saying we should've bought Ozil, Silva, Hamsik or whoever. They could all be missing too.
We knew about all the players we have and their fitness issues. Ooh, we could've done with a fully fit Hargo, you £#%&!ing joker. That said you can't improve on perfection and that's our squad.

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
We knew about all the players we have and their fitness issues. Ooh, we could've done with a fully fit Hargo, you £#%&!ing joker. That said you can't improve on perfection and that's our squad.
So, what you are saying is we should just buy a player every time someone is injured?

You are a right girl at times.

Messi might improve our team though tbf

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
So, what you are saying is we should just buy a player every time someone is injured?

You are a right girl at times.

Messi might improve our team though tbf
Not at all, I'm agreeing that any suggestion of signing a player this summer, except perhaps a Belgian midfielder, was idiotic and deserves to be mocked. Our squad was perfect as it was. Well, except possibly with the exception of said Belgian, he might've been perfect, the silver bullet to any problems we might have.

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not at all, I'm agreeing that any suggestion of signing a player this summer, except perhaps a Belgian midfielder, was idiotic and deserves to be mocked. Our squad was perfect as it was. Well, except possibly with the exception of said Belgian, he might've been perfect, the silver bullet to any problems we might have.
Who were you agreeing with

Which individual said that?

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Who were you agreeing with

Which individual said that?
Didn't anyone say it? Really hmmmm, could've sworn they did just like they did about all those others. I'm so confused.

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Didn't anyone say it? Really hmmmm, could've sworn they did just like they did about all those others. I'm so confused.
The thing about Silva was said by many, the thing about Hamsik was said by Appletango in response to his possibly signing for Chelsea being reported before the World Cup.

Don't be so precious.

FWIW, I'd have liked us to sign Ben Arfa, said Belgian midfielder, Rodwell, Fellaini (although I'm probably alone there) and would have been far from unhappy had Higuain or Benzema been sprung from Madrid. Would also have been chuffed with Khedira or Ozil.

Of all of those, only 2 were really possible this summer, Ben Arfa and the Belgian, understandably we didn't take the risk on the Frenchman and I get the feeling we are monitoring the Belgians form since his return from injury very closely.

Primary concern for me is the Hargreaves situation though, which won't be resolved until he is back or given the last rites though, I fear.

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
The thing about Silva was said by many, the thing about Hamsik was said by Appletango in response to his possibly signing for Chelsea being reported before the World Cup.

Don't be so precious.

FWIW, I'd have liked us to sign Ben Arfa, said Belgian midfielder, Rodwell, Fellaini (although I'm probably alone there) and would have been far from unhappy had Higuain or Benzema been sprung from Madrid. Would also have been chuffed with Khedira or Ozil.

Of all of those, only 2 were really possible this summer, Ben Arfa and the Belgian, understandably we didn't take the risk on the Frenchman and I get the feeling we are monitoring the Belgians form since his return from injury very closely.

Primary concern for me is the Hargreaves situation though, which won't be resolved until he is back or given the last rites though, I fear.

I thought Silva would be a good signing a year ago, not been overwhelmed by his performances at siddy so far.

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
I thought Silva would be a good signing a year ago, not been overwhelmed by his performances at siddy so far.
I wouldn't read too much into that tbf, he's hardly been playing every game, is in a new country, new type of football and off the back of a World Cup.

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:13 PM
red in cumbria

A lot of positive noises about Hargreaves at the minute - far more than previously, it seems........

But no, I am not getting my hopes up too much

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
A lot of positive noises about Hargreaves at the minute - far more than previously, it seems........

But no, I am not getting my hopes up too much
Well, his surgeon thinks he's OK.

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Switching Off

Eh? Pretty clear we're short of real quality on the left side. Injuries to giggs and Valencia have shown that.

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

if silva was that good barca or madrid would have signed him; they both had plenty of opportunity to sign him.

bale is the man for the job on our left
Closed Thread