United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Billy Redface

Default The last 10 Days

Best we've played since Paris.

Wins, confidence, graft, goals.

Actually like some of our players again.

Ole

Unread 31-10-2019, 11:57 AM
barca99

Agreed.

A ridiculous fixture list of away games, win Saturday and it will be a great run of results.

Newcastle away seems to have given us a kick, players coming back and players finding form.

The worry thing going forward is the size of the squad. We are looking at the same 7 or 8 key players playing every single game, its a big ask. Get through these next 3 and we have a week off to try and recover

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:09 PM
waynes ear's

smells like a title challenge to me

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Best we've played since Paris.

Wins, confidence, graft, goals.

Actually like some of our players again.

Ole
Let's not go mad - Partizan away was dire.

The rest though...

Should have cashed out my relegation bet when they offered me £54.

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Agreed.

A ridiculous fixture list of away games, win Saturday and it will be a great run of results.

Newcastle away seems to have given us a kick, players coming back and players finding form.

The worry thing going forward is the size of the squad. We are looking at the same 7 or 8 key players playing every single game, its a big ask. Get through these next 3 and we have a week off to try and recover
The squad is small and limited. We know this. Nothing we can do about that atm.

We have to look for other success markers. Most of returning.

Having forward options has made a huge difference. We started well against Chelsea on the opening day and first half at wolves.

Once injuries kicked in and confidence of Rashford dropped, we were on the wrong end if tight games and that had a compounding effect.

But we've never stopped working and it's hopefully looking up now with more players returning.

Ole deserves a lot of credit. He's remained upbeat (despite getting stick for even that ). He gets the players working for him, he got his tactics and set up right against Liverpool and he's mixed things up with the 5 at the back to get the best out of the squad.

He clearly has faith in a lot of the youngsters and has remained positive.

Players are rising to the challenge too. Rashford is playing through bad form. Pererria and fred have improved. Scott Mct is getting better each game and even the likes of Rojo are coming in an doing well.

There's a good spirit developing.

Plenty more ups and downs to come, I'm sure, but it feels like Newcastle was the lowest point.

What Ole is doing/trying to do deserves our support and patience imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

The rest though...

We're not going mad.

Hth.

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:21 PM
redhegemony

We have a big enough squad but it's unbalanced - a few senior players who are obviously surplus: Jones, Mata, Matic and lots too young Gomes, Garner, Chong

Any injuries will hit us hard. If The Scottish Player got crocked the midfield would look like the Gobi desert.

I'd like us to sign a couple of older players short term in Jan to offer some leadership and stability (and to give some key players a rest) plus a couple of good youngsters in line with James, Maguire and Bisaka.

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:24 PM
stmfh

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
smells like a title challenge to me
We’ve turned a corner ✌🏼😀 Only 3 to go..

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

next year is our year

and there's nothing you can do about it klopp

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:37 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmfh
We’ve turned a corner ✌🏼😀 Only 3 to go..

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:39 PM
utd99

Quote:

The rest though...

If you really bet against United then you should be following that slip right into the bin tbh.

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:44 PM
stmfh

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:54 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I was going to abuse you then but I mean its in your title
I'm a realist. If I got excited every time somebody did their job for a week, I wouldn't be where I am with my career.

Unread 31-10-2019, 02:22 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
I'm a realist. If I got excited every time somebody did their job for a week, I wouldn't be where I am with my career.
What do you do norris?

Unread 31-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Neo

Quote:
What do you do norris?
He’s the bloke who zooms in on the treble 20 at the darts.

Unread 31-10-2019, 02:30 PM
believe

Quote:
What do you do norris?
Definitely does something at a decent level

I agree with him though and it’s mainly the reason that any kind of football conversation on here is difficult. We’ve played two very poor teams and while I’m happy to accept yesterday’s performance and result, it doesn’t really give us an indication of where we’re heading because it’s unlikely we’ll see that line up again until we play Colchester.

If Ole is going to prove anything, he needs to be strong as £#%&! now and if we keep improving and winning games he should make Pogba work his way back in to the side. We’ve also yet to see the “magic” of Martial () and could easily be back to square one as quickly as Saturday afternoon.

Unread 31-10-2019, 02:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Definitely does something at a decent level

I agree with him though and it’s mainly the reason that any kind of football conversation on here is difficult. We’ve played two very poor teams and while I’m happy to accept yesterday’s performance and result, it doesn’t really give us an indication of where we’re heading because it’s unlikely we’ll see that line up again until we play Colchester.

If Ole is going to prove anything, he needs to be strong as £#%&! now and if we keep improving and winning games he should make Pogba work his way back in to the side. We’ve also yet to see the “magic” of Martial () and could easily be back to square one as quickly as Saturday afternoon.
Did you miss the third goal on Sunday?

Unread 31-10-2019, 02:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Did you miss the third goal on Sunday?
No. I didn’t miss the previous three seasons he’s been here either.

Unread 31-10-2019, 02:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No. I didn’t miss the previous three seasons he’s been here either.
Seems like you must've tbh.

Unread 31-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Casanova85

And without Pogba.

Unread 31-10-2019, 03:30 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
let united be your release dream a little ......
Closed Thread