United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2015, 01:43 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
A scout from Coventry spoke to me today. Says they have been watching Suedeshoes junior for a few months and would like him to train with their academy. I'm undecided. His team won 5-0 today and he got all 5. He wants to go so I'll probably let him.
For me, it would be about expectation management - so he doesn't get too drawn in and then potentially too disappointed if it doesn't go anywhere. Tough one to achieve I guess.

Sounds like he excels in that environment aswell - a decent outlet for his adhd so again, sounds a good shout to be playing more football? A lad who plays in my youngest's team suffers from it and he's also shit hot - and was until recently training at city's academy but is now signed with Bolton. United nowhere in sight as per.

Unread 26-01-2015, 11:41 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
A scout from Coventry spoke to me today. Says they have been watching Suedeshoes junior for a few months and would like him to train with their academy. I'm undecided. His team won 5-0 today and he got all 5. He wants to go so I'll probably let him.
Good luck to him.

ANother game called off for us this weekend. Was called off on Wednesday as rain was forecast
Still 4 points clear at the top and in the Manchester Cup 3rd Round in 2 weeks, win that and its the quarters.

Unread 26-01-2015, 11:54 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Sounds like he excels in that environment aswell - a decent outlet for his adhd so again, sounds a good shout to be playing more football?
That's his thinking tbh. He wants all and any opportunity to play football. His expectations don't really go any further than that at the moment. Villa are also keen but are happy to wait and see how he gets on at Coventry. Quite impressed with the attitude to the lads welfare that the clubs have shown.

Unread 09-02-2015, 01:06 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

6-1 win yesterday to put us in the Manchester Cup QF.

Also our nearest league challengers drew yesterday so we have a nice healthy lead in the league.

Getting towards squeaky bum time

Unread 09-02-2015, 01:14 PM
My Name is Keith

Played in a tourno at the council house last week - got to the final but got beaten by moston Tigers (again) who has Emily heskey's son playing for them (who is exceptional).

Despite that, the youngest's team have won all their matches in the league and have scored over 200 goals so far.

Eldest son team got promoted at Christmas and it was their first game in the new league on Saturday. Got proper spanked circa 7-1. Ah well.

Unread 09-02-2015, 01:33 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Played in a tourno at the council house last week - got to the final but got beaten by moston Tigers (again) who has Emily heskey's son playing for them (who is exceptional).
Is he adopted ?

Unread 09-02-2015, 01:36 PM
HotChip

My lad won 2-1 in the cup against the mighty Littleborough.

Weve had better draws than United tbh. Not had a team higher than div 3 Long may it continue.

Unread 09-02-2015, 01:45 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Is he adopted ?

Unread 09-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Child of Darkness

My youngest worryingly goes to art club all he does is draw stuff all day long and the elder twin has asked for an account at the cash n Carry so he can sell sweets to kids on the school bus .

Unread 09-02-2015, 02:33 PM
suedeshoes

Suedeshoes junior played against Coventry's under-10's yesterday. They lost 3-2 but he got the two and was a joy to watch. His first 9-a-side game. He's never played offsides before. He was offside at least 10 times

Unread 09-02-2015, 02:39 PM
signed dc

Quote:
That's his thinking tbh. He wants all and any opportunity to play football. His expectations don't really go any further than that at the moment. Villa are also keen but are happy to wait and see how he gets on at Coventry. Quite impressed with the attitude to the lads welfare that the clubs have shown.
That's all well and good, but aren't they meant to offer you new kitchen appliances and the like?

Unread 09-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Child of Darkness

ive got a used freezer you can have (collect only)

Unread 12-03-2015, 05:20 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

5 games to play and we are 4 points clear with 2nd place having a game in hand.

We have 2nd and 3rd to play in our last 2 games

Hows your lad doing sueders?

Unread 12-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

translation:

boast boast boast boast
boast

boast boast boast

(better make it look like i'm not boasting)

Unread 12-03-2015, 05:25 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
translation:

boast boast boast boast
boast

boast boast boast

(better make it look like i'm not boasting)
Shitting it actually pal, 2nd place are a really good team, if they beat us they win it

Unread 12-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Shitting it actually pal, 2nd place are a really good team, if they beat us they win it
your team will be fine pal. all you really need in junior football is a really good manag...oh...

my son's just started training with a team. don't think he's touched the ball yet.

Unread 12-03-2015, 05:31 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
your team will be fine pal. all you really need in junior football is a really good manag...oh...

my son's just started training with a team. don't think he's touched the ball yet.

Just been offered scholes jnr's school football managers job as well

Should be ready to take over from Giggs in 2025

Unread 12-03-2015, 05:37 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:

He was out of the game for a few weeks because he's had some serious health issues, he's had a couple of major seizures and been hospitalised. He's fine day-to-day but they don't know why he's had them, despite days and days of tests and taking gallons of his blood, spinal fluid and subjecting him to EEG and MRI scans daily. It's been £#%&!ing awful tbh and we've got months of tests to come but anyway he was back on Sunday and scored the winner in a 2-1 win . He was £#%&!ing exhausted afterwards. His lot are top of the league and can't be caught.

Lots of tournaments coming up and Coventry City want him to go and play in one in Holland but we can't make those plans at the minute due to his health.

Unread 12-03-2015, 05:39 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
He was out of the game for a few weeks because he's had some serious health issues, he's had a couple of major seizures and been hospitalised. He's fine at the mo but they don't know why he's had them. It's been £#%&!ing awful tbh and we've got months of tests to come but anyway he was back on Sunday and scored the winner in a 2-1 win. His lot are top of the league and can't be caught.

Lots of tournaments coming up and Coventry City want him to go and play in ione in Holland but we can't make those plans at the minute due to his health.
Shit, hope hes okay

Unread 12-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
He was out of the game for a few weeks because he's had some serious health issues, he's had a couple of major seizures and been hospitalised. He's fine day-to-day but they don't know why he's had them, despite days and days of tests and taking gallons of his blood, spinal fluid and subjecting him to EEG and MRI scans daily. It's been £#%&!ing awful tbh and we've got months of tests to come but anyway he was back on Sunday and scored the winner in a 2-1 win . He was £#%&!ing exhausted afterwards. His lot are top of the league and can't be caught.

Lots of tournaments coming up and Coventry City want him to go and play in one in Holland but we can't make those plans at the minute due to his health.
that's horrible mate. good luck to you all.
Closed Thread