United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
cheers pol, not sure what league it is but i'll be updating this tomorrow i think
what age group?

Unread 19-09-2012, 06:08 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry the Berry
what age group?
under 15 based in bury/prestwich

Unread 20-09-2012, 08:42 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Do you have that rolling sub stuff?
He's not as big as his dad yet thankfully.

Unread 21-09-2012, 04:33 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

forgot to update this yesterday, it went well tbh. did a few drills and the keeper is pretty good

it's the tameside junior league btw

Unread 24-09-2012, 09:48 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

We played last years best team on saturday and won 5-3.

3 wins out of 3 against the 3 toughest teams.

Unread 24-09-2012, 09:50 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

have you started a thread on RAWK?

Unread 24-09-2012, 09:51 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
have you started a thread on RAWK?
Not yet, off there shortly

Unread 24-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

Saturday? Sounds like a lightweight church league full of boy scouts, Airfix model collectors and Methodists. Doesn't count.

Unread 24-09-2012, 03:28 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Saturday? Sounds like a lightweight church league full of boy scouts, Airfix model collectors and Methodists. Doesn't count.
Its under 10's pol, its played on a saturday.

Saturday football > Sunday football

Unread 24-09-2012, 03:36 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

must be great living in the reflected glory of your 10yo son

only pulling - did 10 years on the front line of junior football, good times but they pass so so quickly.

Unread 24-09-2012, 04:26 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
[/b]

must be great living in the reflected glory of your 10yo son

only pulling - did 10 years on the front line of junior football, good times but they pass so so quickly.
It is pal , i had my chance and snapped my tibula and fibula at 16 the day before I was due to move down south with a team.
It helps that I can be involved, I'd hate to be a dad stood on the side.

I won't push him though, if he makes it (long shot I know) then great, if he doesn't I'm pretty sure he will do something sport related.

Unread 08-10-2012, 01:53 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

It was a weekend of missed chances, kids crying and parents kicking off

Played a tough tackling and foul mouthed wythenshawe team this weekend. Our lads are all hale/alty lads who shit themselves when they come up against anyone vulgar
Ended up losing our first match since January 2-1. One of our lads had a shocker, he is normally one of our best players and with a minute to go he is out on the left wing with 2 of our lads stood on their own in the middle.
He decides to shoot and banana's it well wide.
One of the lads shouts that he should have passed it and he starts crying

Final whistle goes and crying lads dad comes charging over to me asking for a word. We put a rule in at the start of the season that if there is something the parents want to raise it should be left until the monday s everyone can cool down.
He threatens not to bring crying lad again as he is being bullied He did this in full view of our lads and the opposition and under normal circurstances I'd have told him to stop treating his lad like a little girl and grow some balls, but unfortunately I had to calm him down and said we would discuss it next week at training.

£#%&! game, £#%&! parents.

Unread 08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
no fun

ssg - I blame the coach

you of all people should know that when you play against a wythenshawe team you must not lose the psychological battle - when my kids were younger the first 3 minutes against any M22/23 team was all about standing up to them - once they know you cant be intimidated, you can then play football

next time, just identify their gobbiest player and get him kicked within 30 seconds

Unread 08-10-2012, 02:00 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
ssg - I blame the coach

you of all people should know that when you play against a wythenshawe team you must not lose the psychological battle - when my kids were younger the first 3 minutes against any M22/23 team was all about standing up to them - once they know you cant be intimidated, you can then play football

next time, just identify their gobbiest player and get him kicked within 30 seconds
Exactly what my plan was, we were much the better team but they scared the shit out of 3 of our lads who are proper mummys boys.
Scholes Jnr caught him with a punisher and the lad got up and called him a little @#%&!

Unread 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Under 15's our playing in chapeltown in leeds and our manager says "these are gonna put it about a bit today get your retaliation in first"

One of my mates takes it a bit too literally and punches one of their players 20 seconds into the match. 22 man brawl player from each side off....Manager asks him why he did it, lad said he was just doing what he told him to do.

Unread 08-10-2012, 02:09 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Under 15's our playing in chapeltown in leeds and our manager says "these are gonna put it about a bit today get your retaliation in first"

One of my mates takes it a bit too literally and punches one of their players 20 seconds into the match. 22 man brawl player from each side off....Manager asks him why he did it, lad said he was just doing what he told him to do.
ffs

Unread 08-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
He threatens not to bring crying lad again as he is being bullied He did this in full view of our lads and the opposition and under normal circurstances I'd have told him to stop treating his lad like a little girl and grow some balls, but unfortunately I had to calm him down and said we would discuss it next week at training.

£#%&! game, £#%&! parents.
That should do it.

Unread 08-10-2012, 02:14 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
That should do it.
Don't think it will charlie, this goofball is a blue as well and his lad wears a "why always me" body warmer under his shirt.
Loves the attention yet hates it when it all goes wrong. He was shit, simple as and will be told that politely this week.

Unread 22-10-2012, 10:33 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

The march towards glory continues after another tight game goes our way.

We managed to win a touch game 3-1 which puts us at the top of the league.
We've also been invited to St Georges Park in December which looks pretty

Unread 25-10-2012, 03:18 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs down

I'm missing Scholes Jnr play football for the first time ever today, i feel £#%&!ing sick, absolutely gutted
Closed Thread