United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:00 PM
dunk

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
dunk said Poland havent won any international football trophy/honour

well, they have....just putting him right.

sure...Polish football on the whole has been shite for the last 20 yrs....but what have England done since 1966...with all the money in the game

£#%&! all..thats what
World Cup.
European Championship
African Cup Of Nations
Copa America

The rest don't count.

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Sullingtons

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Olympic football, good one.
Quote:
dunk said Poland havent won any international football trophy/honour

well, they have....just putting him right.

sure...Polish football on the whole has been shite for the last 20 yrs....but what have England done since 1966...with all the money in the game

£#%&! all..thats what
Ok, personally I wouldn't count the Olympics as it isn't exclusively a football honour.

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
tears in my eyes here.
I know, such a beautiful country, can't wait for my next yearly pilgrimage. The Kingdom of Bavaria this year.

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:05 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
World Cup.
European Championship
African Cup Of Nations
Copa America

The rest don't count.
and how many of those have England won since 1966.....

the Olympic football tournament might not be taken seriously by the UK, partly because they dont want to form a GB team for fear of losing the home nations in the eyes of FIFA...

but the rest of the world take it seriously...especially in developing future internationals..

Argentina won it the last 2 times, Brazil, Italy, Spain and Portugal have taken medals in recent years.

but hey, what do those countries know about football

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:07 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Ok, personally I wouldn't count the Olympics as it isn't exclusively a football honour.

the football tournament is a football tournament ...im sure its backed by FIFA

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Albert Tatlock

Is Webb reffing this one or are they saving him for the final ?

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Is Webb reffing this one or are they saving him for the final ?
Can you imagine his smugness when he returns to the PL if he gets the final.

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I know, such a beautiful country, can't wait for my next yearly pilgrimage. The Kingdom of Bavaria this year.
You are man of impecible tastes.

Denis, - Knock that shit off now please. Exhibition cups or the olympics never count.
Seem to remember Ireland won a FIFA recoginised exhibition cup in the 80s, you don't see us throwing it in everyones faces though.

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Can you imagine his smugness when he returns to the PL if he gets the final.

He didn't get a QF, so either it's this match, or the 3rd/4th place play off or the final.

... or they think he's so shit he gets nowt after the last 16...

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
He didn't get a QF, so either it's this match, or the 3rd/4th place play off or the final.

... or they think he's so shit he gets nowt after the last 16...
He's gonna be completely unbearable.

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:46 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
You are man of impecible tastes.

Denis, - Knock that shit off now please. Exhibition cups or the olympics never count.
Seem to remember Ireland won a FIFA recoginised exhibition cup in the 80s, you don't see us throwing it in everyones faces though.
Fuzzers....go look how many top world class players past and present have got Olympic gold/silver or bronze medals....including ex United players

it may well be the League cup of international football...but id be happy owning one

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
and how many of those have England won since 1966.....

the Olympic football tournament might not be taken seriously by the UK, partly because they dont want to form a GB team for fear of losing the home nations in the eyes of FIFA...

but the rest of the world take it seriously...especially in developing future internationals..
Maybe the squads/players, but spectators, I don't think so. Remember those pictures of Spaniards running round the streets celebrating? Me neither. I'd be delighted as a player to even play in the Olympics but come off it, it's really not that big, hence no-one referring to Platini as 'Olympic gold-medal winner'.

Edit: just discovered that Platini, Giresse, Tigana et al didn't even bother with it in 1984, presumably because of the Euros that year.

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Just spoke to some old bloke in work who will be shouting for Spain because of what the Nazis did, he saw some documentary recently.
Tried explaining the Spanish Enquiry to him but it went over his head.

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:03 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Maybe the squads/players, but spectators, I don't think so. Remember those pictures of Spaniards running round the streets celebrating? Me neither. I'd be delighted as a player to even play in the Olympics but come off it, it's really not that big, hence no-one referring to Platini as 'Olympic gold-medal winner'.
because he never won one

there were over 95,000 in the Nou Camp when Spain won it in 1992...and they all looked pretty happy ...i saw em..i was there

its lower profile than the WC and EC, i'll give you that but thats only because the whole olympic event is a huge event.....and the fact thet GB wont enter a team for fear of losing its home nations status and influence.....maybe they should rethink that, they might actually win something for a change

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
dunk

The Olympics - The Zenith Data Systems Trophy of International Football.

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:13 PM
dunk

Default Re: Germany for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
le tournoi.

think that's pissed on your chips tbh

greaseball tantric seduction
More prestigious than the Olympic football tournament tbph.

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
le tournoi.

think that's pissed on your chips tbh

WOW....the tri-national friendly pre-season extravaganza.....

i sit corrected

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:16 PM
dunk

Quote:

WOW....the tri-national friendly pre-season extravaganza.....

i sit corrected
If you are going to claim Olympics, we could claim the Touloun U21 tournament and the World U17 Championships at least (I think it was world. Just won it anyhoo.)

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:18 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
More prestigious than the Olympic football tournament tbph.
dunk.......

youve got till the start of the new season to get yourself upto speed.....

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
dunk.......

youve got till the start of the new season to get yourself upto speed.....
£#%&!ing hell, I need to dumb down by way of lobotomy to get to your £#%&!ing speed

Olympics :shakehead:
Closed Thread