United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:58 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Don't give our "great" owners ideas FFS.......
We cant buy players who want to join, from clubs who want to sell .

We'll sack Jose without a plan b and end up with the cheapest easiest option.

top 4 is their goal, nothing more.

Unread 09-08-2018, 08:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
We cant buy players who want to join, from clubs who want to sell .

We'll sack Jose without a plan b and end up with the cheapest easiest option.

top 4 is their goal, nothing more.
Carrick and that MecKenna bloke until the summer...

Basically ruining two young coaches before they’ve even started their careers.

Unread 09-08-2018, 08:06 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Don't give our "great" owners ideas FFS.......
The perverse masochistic part of me thinks that, given we seem to be utterly set on self-destruction, let’s see how far we can take it. Really double down on the @#%&!ery.

Unread 09-08-2018, 08:08 PM
ScarFace

I'd love to see Scholes get it, so he can stfu on BTsport

Unread 09-08-2018, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
The perverse masochistic part of me thinks that, given we seem to be utterly set on self-destruction, let’s see how far we can take it. Really double down on the @#%&!ery.
Catastrophism has its attractions right now tbh.

Unread 28-08-2018, 12:11 AM
AK14

What ever your thoughts on Mourinho, this bloke would have been a top signing.

Unread 28-08-2018, 05:04 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/squawka/status/1...056447488?s=21

What ever your thoughts on Mourinho, this bloke would have been a top signing.
Wouldn’t mind, but according to a times article the other day which printed the list of centre back targets, alderweireld wasn’t anywhere near the top of it, and would have cost 35 million by transfer deadline day such was the extent Tottenham lowered their asking price. Most of the players on the list had the player profile woodward was claiming the club wanted. Young and expected to be the future big players. Already good enough, and expected to get better. Didn’t sign one.

Unread 28-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Wouldn’t mind, but according to a times article the other day which printed the list of centre back targets, alderweireld wasn’t anywhere near the top of it, and would have cost 35 million by transfer deadline day such was the extent Tottenham lowered their asking price.
How do the Times know our list of targets?

£35m for a top ranker who you'd get 3 or 4 years out of is a bargain.

Unread 28-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
How do the Times know our list of targets?
Journalism, I’d imagine.

Unread 28-08-2018, 05:14 PM
red in cumbria

Though much of their recent "journalism" is utter cack, its a long time indeed since they were the "paper of record".

Unread 28-08-2018, 05:52 PM
otbarney

I'd have taken Cahill as a stop gap, after watching those shit@#%&!s last night.

Unread 28-08-2018, 05:54 PM
dunk

Jammy suddenly believing in Journalism.. interesting...

Unread 28-08-2018, 05:57 PM
andyroo

Smallz did all right personally but he can't stop all the other @#%&!s going off script.

Matic in the holding role last night when he was so very off the pace and unfit. Absolute £#%&!ing disaster, gave them other wobbly @#%&!s far too much to do and they weren't in any state to cope with it, having been picked by £#%&!ing tombola and evidently not done even two minutes of training or anything.

Utter utter horrendous management, empty gestures aren't going to change that.

Unread 28-08-2018, 05:58 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Smallz did all right personally but he can't stop all the other @#%&!s going off script.
No but maybe he could stand his man up for the third instead of being Chris Smalling

Unread 28-08-2018, 06:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
No but maybe he could stand his man up for the third instead of being Chris Smalling
True, though even that was the culmination of another glorious sequence of £#%&!wittery rather than the onset of it.

But he couldn't.

Unread 28-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Jammy suddenly believing in Journalism.. interesting...
You realise all journalism is not equal don’t you? It’s possible to evaluate a source of information. ‘Believing’ in journalism ffs.

Unread 28-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Kangared

Quote:

Matic in the holding role last night when he was so very off the pace and unfit. Absolute £#%&!ing disaster, gave them other wobbly @#%&!s far too much to do and they weren't in any state to cope with it, having been picked by £#%&!ing tombola and evidently not done even two minutes of training or anything.

The only selection that baffled me was Herrera, that really is a kick in the teeth for Bailly & Lindelof, who looked like a player with absolutely no confidence when he came on.
I can see why he put Matic in , didn’t work but he will get better . Maybe in hindsight the Burnley game would be a better option to bring him back in . Smalling held defence together until Moura did him, but I doubt he’ll be the last to get done one on one by him .

Unread 29-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Whalefish

Quote:

This.

As for Herrera as one of three CBs, what the actual £#%&!? If he's going to pull that shit why on earth did he (apparently) block Lyon's move for Lindelof? I don't think the latter's shite I just don't think he's good enough for a mid table PL side. Poor bloke's confidence looks absolutely shot.

Pogba can get to £#%&! too. Build a team around him (care of Henry Winter)? No chance, out the door with Jose please. ASAFP.

Unread 04-01-2019, 03:01 PM
waynes ear's

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...ntract-option/

Quote:
The Club can confirm that we have activated the option to extend Toby Alderweireld’s contract until 2020.
still working on that deal?

Unread 04-01-2019, 03:04 PM
AK14

They were always going to activate the option to extend tbf

Doesn’t that now mean he has a clause of 25m?
Closed Thread