United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:41 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Basically Ronnie was a bloody good player

Would love a few of his ilk in the squad now..
He has the rare distinction of also winning four medals in four consecutive appearances with the club. He was on the pitch for the title clincher, FA Cup final, and Champions League final in 1999, and because of injury, the 2000 league title clincher against Tottenham Hotspur. wiki tells me

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
He has the rare distinction of also winning four medals in four consecutive appearances with the club. He was on the pitch for the title clincher, FA Cup final, and Champions League final in 1999, and because of injury, the 2000 league title clincher against Tottenham Hotspur. wiki tells me
Born to win until he got to Villa..

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
we didn't clinch the league title against spurs. we won it away at southampton about 4 games earlier

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we didn't clinch the league title against spurs. we won it away at southampton about 4 games earlier
Was given a trophy at the end of 4 consecutive games?

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Was given a trophy at the end of 4 consecutive games?
i see.

Unread 28-04-2018, 03:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Their winner at Stamford Bridge against us that season came from a very dodgy freekick
Indeed, and it was offside. I can’t recall who the ref was but his homing was utterly ridiculous that day.

Unread 28-04-2018, 10:15 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Indeed, and it was offside. I can’t recall who the ref was but his homing was utterly ridiculous that day.
Atkinson of course.

Unread 28-04-2018, 08:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Basically Ronnie was a bloody good player

Would love a few of his ilk in the squad now..
Proper footballer was Ronnie

Barca and Guardiola would have been all over him if he was playing these days.

Unread 29-04-2018, 08:13 PM
AK14

Just watched it...

What a load of shit

Big bad United and Fergie being portrayed as a dinosaur with a team of clobbers when Wenger came in and revolutionised the game

Trying to make out the rivalry was massive etc? There was a bit of rivalry but nothing like was being made out ffs

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Just watched it...

What a load of shit

Big bad United and Fergie being portrayed as a dinosaur with a team of clobbers when Wenger came in and revolutionised the game

Trying to make out the rivalry was massive etc? There was a bit of rivalry but nothing like was being made out ffs
I think you'll find the likes of Cantona, Schmeichel and Kanchelskis thought nothing of drinking ten pints a night and were well-known faces in the pubs of Cheshire. All broccoli bars now thanks to Wenger of course.
Closed Thread