United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2018, 12:22 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
It was targeted shit-kicking tbf. Arsenal had plenty of players who liked a battle, but we went after the ones who didn't like it.

I seem to remember Phil Neville had a blinder that day, never gave Vieira a kick and left him to bleat at the referee.

That was the day Fergie finally had Wenger sussed.

My memory is terrible so was that game the genesis for everybody thinking 'Ah, they don't like it up em'

Unread 24-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Vedder

£#%&!ing miss Roy Keane. What a bloke ffs

I £#%&!ing hate the modern footballer

How bitter were Keown, Dixon and Campbell btw

Unread 24-04-2018, 12:56 PM
believe

Is there a catch up version anywhere?

Unread 24-04-2018, 01:05 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is there a catch up version anywhere?

It will be on Channel 5's website my5 or 5od cant recall what they call it. Don't know whether it works abroad? I guess it will because its commercial.

Unread 24-04-2018, 01:17 PM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
It will be on Channel 5's website my5 or 5od cant recall what they call it. Don't know whether it works abroad? I guess it will because its commercial.
Worked a treat. I'd good rep you if I wasn't pissed.

Unread 24-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Already? Only about 5pm there isn't it?

Unread 24-04-2018, 01:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Already? Only about 5pm there isn't it?

Unread 24-04-2018, 01:45 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
I will be self medicating tonight nqat. whatever gets you through the night.

VIENI A ROMA!!!

Unread 24-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
It was targeted shit-kicking tbf. Arsenal had plenty of players who liked a battle, but we went after the ones who didn't like it.

I seem to remember Phil Neville had a blinder that day, never gave Vieira a kick and left him to bleat at the referee.

That was the day Fergie finally had Wenger sussed.
The Reyes game was 04-05. The Phil Neville stormer was around Xmas 2002 while we were chasing them down.

Unread 24-04-2018, 02:37 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The Reyes game was 04-05. The Phil Neville stormer was around Christmas 2002 while we were chasing them down.

I think he had 2 stormers in both if I remember rightly.

Invincible's

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/3727552.stm

xmas 2002

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/2535721.stm

Rami Shabaan in the nets for Arsenal No idea,

Unread 24-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
£#%&!ing miss Roy Keane. What a bloke ffs

I £#%&!ing hate the modern footballer

How bitter were Keown, Dixon and Campbell btw
Campbell wasn't too bad. Keown and Dixon were still wounded obviously. Dixon doubly so because he's a £#%&!ing bert isn't he.

Lads in their 20s probably won't realise the extent to which the media were rammed right up Wenger's arse circa 98-2004. The fawning over him was nothing short of nauseating. Fleet street was absolutely infested with these newly proclaimed middle class Arsenal fans who'd come crawling out of the woodwork.

I love how that programme completely glossed over United winning 3 titles in a row at beginning of the 00's before moving swiftly on to Arsenal winning the league old trafford.

It's billed a huge rivalry and for 2-3 years it was decent, but it just goes to highlight how tepid and devoid of any real competition our league is now we find ourselves harking back to 18 years ago for the last time 2 teams at the top of their game went head to head.

Unread 24-04-2018, 03:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Campbell wasn't too bad. Keown and Dixon were still wounded obviously. Dixon doubly so because he's a £#%&!ing bert isn't he.

Lads in their 20s probably won't realise the extent to which the media were rammed right up Wenger's arse circa 98-2004. The fawning over him was nothing short of nauseating. Fleet street was absolutely infested with these newly proclaimed middle class Arsenal fans who'd come crawling out of the woodwork.

I love how that programme completely glossed over United winning 3 titles in a row at beginning of the 00's before moving swiftly on to Arsenal winning the league old trafford.

It's billed a huge rivalry and for 2-3 years it was decent, but it just goes to highlight how tepid and devoid of any real competition our league is now we find ourselves harking back to 18 years ago for the last time 2 teams at the top of their game went head to head.
Can't wait til they're doing £#%&!ing documentaries like this about the 2018 berts and vermin

Unread 24-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Wondered if they'd do that.

Wenger never retained the title of course. Ferguson did it six times. But then again Wenger stirred sugar differently so it was about equal.

Unread 24-04-2018, 04:03 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Wondered if they'd do that.

Wenger never retained the title of course. Ferguson did it six times. But then again Wenger stirred sugar differently so it was about equal.
He won it 3 times in a row, twice aswell

We were a bit £#%&!ing spoilt really weren't we?

Unread 24-04-2018, 05:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

We were, and are only really realising it now tbh

Unread 24-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

And people wonder why we feel entitled

Unread 24-04-2018, 06:33 PM
sa7

Quote:

Not to mention we were only an appalling Drogba offside decision in 2010 at Old Trafford, and those @#%&!s QPR stopping bothering to defend in 2012, away from winning 7 in a row

Unread 24-04-2018, 06:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Two references to the sugar stirring, what's that about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The Reyes game was 04-05. The Phil Neville stormer was around Christmas 2002 while we were chasing them down.
Veron scored iirc

Always thought that performance from Pip was a bit hyped. He seemed to spend most of the time putting in good tackles after losing the ball in the first place Nice for him to have his moment though tbf.

Unread 24-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Only man to do it even once - casually does it twice. No big deal, not mentioned ever. Not like Wenger not losing for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Thought a sage like you would know about UEFA-approved pro stirring licence techniques tbh

Unread 24-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Apparently Wenger was appalled that we english put milk in our tea, APPALLED! He was also disgusted that we put sugar in it as well. He suggested there was a method for putting sugar in the tea which involved dunking a sugar cube in and out of the cup until it had fully dissolved. Henry Winter was utterly spellbound by this.
Closed Thread