United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2009, 09:24 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Let's resign Alex Notman while we are at it.
Just seen him at Martin Mere with Phelan and Brian Blessed

Unread 16-06-2009, 10:41 AM
borsuk

a decent candidate for the 2009 most predictable thread in the interweb award

only marlo's berbatov eats small children and zlatan i want to have your babies threads come close imo

Unread 16-06-2009, 10:45 AM
koppas

Yup. It's quite sad to be honest. Funny thing is, if they get to the World Cup final next year, he won't even appear it in. Scores a couple of goals against the £#%&!ing yanks and people are demanding he get's signed back.

Unread 16-06-2009, 10:48 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Let's resign Alex Notman while we are at it.
Champ manager legend. Wasn't his career ended with a back injury?

Unread 16-06-2009, 10:50 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Champ manager legend. Wasn't his career ended with a back injury?
I think so. All I rememeber was him at Norwich with Phil Mulryne (scored a great pre season hat-trick for us) then ended up at Aberdeen.

Unread 16-06-2009, 10:57 AM
n48

Yanks arent actually that bad a side. Consistent in recent world cups and dont fare badly against top sides. IF soccer ever became opne of their TOP spectator sports then they'd be a major threat. if you applied their top college sports resources to football and you see some of the athletes produced and the skill levels and combine that with their population then they'd have a good chance of success.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:00 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Yanks arent actually that bad a side. Consistent in recent world cups and dont fare badly against top sides. IF soccer ever became opne of their TOP spectator sports then they'd be a major threat. if you applied their top college sports resources to football and you see some of the athletes produced and the skill levels and combine that with their population then they'd have a good chance of success.
Which you could turn it round - if we had their population with it being our top spectator sport, we would have a good chance of success.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Luffy

how is it sad to see a youngster we mismanaged do extremely well and feel like we missed out?

a) thats a failing of our manager
b) its a failing of our much touted youth system and
c) its a failing of our transfer purchases when we let a natural goalscorer leave and could end up paying £60m for 2 'big names' who aren't that hot at putting the ball in the net?

I'd love him back but understand it won't happen, doesn't stop me rating the lad now does it. Get a grip you gay £#%&!er.

I saw him when he went to Newcastle and it was very obvious he was going there as a stepping stone. there was never any chance of him staying there so pardew was reluctant to play him ahead of actual newcastle strikers he'd just signed or who were more senior.

When he did get a few minutes, I noticed the newcastle players actively avoiding a pass to him. They would rather run it into a cul de sac or try a hit and hope rather than pass to the MAN U player. shocking to see really, can't believe fergie let him go there.

He came back demoralised, lacking fitness and lacking confidence so we sent him 'home' to parma where he did well. Came back to find himself behind another massive signing and bailed out.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:09 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
how is it sad to see a youngster we mismanaged do extremely well and feel like we missed out?

a) thats a failing of our manager
b) its a failing of our much touted youth system and
c) its a failing of our transfer purchases when we let a natural goalscorer leave and could end up paying £60m for 2 'big names' who aren't that hot at putting the ball in the net?

I'd love him back but understand it won't happen, doesn't stop me rating the lad now does it. Get a grip you gay £#%&!er.

I saw him when he went to Newcastle and it was very obvious he was going there as a stepping stone. there was never any chance of him staying there so pardew was reluctant to play him ahead of actual newcastle strikers he'd just signed or who were more senior.

When he did get a few minutes, I noticed the newcastle players actively avoiding a pass to him. They would rather run it into a cul de sac or try a hit and hope rather than pass to the MAN U player. shocking to see really, can't believe fergie let him go there.

He came back demoralised, lacking fitness and lacking confidence so we sent him 'home' to parma where he did well. Came back to find himself behind another massive signing and bailed out.
Why the £#%&! have we missed out? Can you please tell me? He left as he wasn't good enough.

#@&%!.

As for Pardew, he wasn't the boss you plank.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Tumescent Throb

Rossi is a brilliant player. Could easily get a game for any top side. Let's face it, he already plays for the World Champions.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:37 AM
dunk

Just wait for the Sylvan Blake thread when he breaks into the World Cup squad next season

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:41 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy

what a load of #@&%!

newcastle was the wrong club for him. quite possibly we were the wrong club for him as well.

happy to see him doing well, as i am forlan. but i don't want diego back either.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:48 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just wait for the Sylvan Blake thread when he breaks into the World Cup squad next season
That could seriously happen, the lad has scored goals wherever he has been and was voted best player in england outside the premiership I think. If he comes up and does a Dean Ashton without the injuries then it will be another dropped ball.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
That could seriously happen, the lad has scored goals wherever he has been and was voted best player in england outside the premiership I think. If he comes up and does a Dean Ashton without the injuries then it will be another dropped ball.
not really.

he'd hardly have got a kick for United over the past 3 seasons.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Ether

Quote:
Yeah real dropped ball, we've done awful without the pair of them

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Sandman

Quote:
No it couldn't.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:13 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Yeah real dropped ball, we've done awful without the pair of them
Innit.

It's as if we have really struggled since selling the rejects off.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Ether

Quote:
Innit.

It's as if we have really struggled since selling the rejects off.
It's like these people live in an imaginary world. Blake a dropped ball ffs. If he'd stayed here he would have had about a dozen games at the most.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:19 PM
koppas

David Healey bangs them in for Northern Ireland. Another dropped ball, there.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
It's like these people live in an imaginary world. Blake a dropped ball ffs. If he'd stayed here he would have had about a dozen games at the most.
I think we £#%&! up by selling a player elsewhere without letting them prove what they can do.

Rossi & Forlan are good cases in point.

If we'd of loaned them to Villareal for the first season, instead of selling them, they'd have gone for much higher fees I imagine. Forlan is being talked about as an alternative to Villa at Madrid & has scored bagfulls over there. If he was given a chance whilst still a United player I'm sure we'd have got double at least the £7m or so he went for. Same for Rossi.

Blake I think has gone the long route, Plymouth etc, & fair £#%&!s to the lad after his injury problems here. Hope he does well next season, he's battled his way back.
Closed Thread