United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2018, 06:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Only man to do it even once - casually does it twice. No big deal, not mentioned ever. Not like Wenger not losing for a while.

Thought a sage like you would know about UEFA-approved pro stirring licence techniques tbh

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/stat...69595026395136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Apparently Wenger was appalled that we english put milk in our tea, APPALLED! He was also disgusted that we put sugar in it as well. He suggested there was a method for putting sugar in the tea which involved dunking a sugar cube in and out of the cup until it had fully dissolved. Henry Winter was utterly spellbound by this.
Cheers

Reads like absolute wum material, but it's Henry Winter soo...

Unread 24-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
I love how that programme completely glossed over United winning 3 titles in a row at beginning of the 00's before moving swiftly on to Arsenal winning the league old trafford.
They talked about 98, 99, 02 and 04, can't say fairer than that

Unread 24-04-2018, 07:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Apparently Wenger was appalled that we english put milk in our tea, APPALLED! He was also disgusted that we put sugar in it as well. He suggested there was a method for putting sugar in the tea which involved dunking a sugar cube in and out of the cup until it had fully dissolved. Henry Winter was utterly spellbound by this.
The first 2 of apparently 10 tweets were posted just above. What the rest of them were like, I can only imagine

Unread 24-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Cheers

Reads like absolute wum material, but it's Henry Winter soo...
Apparently they’re the best examples they can come up with as to why wenger was such a revolution in the English game.

Another tweet from winter. Journalism eh.

‘I spoke to a 25-year-old Arsenal supporter whose parents had separated when he was very young. He said he’d never met Wenger but would always be grateful to Wenger because he was the only stable male figure in his life. Wenger was a constant.’

What a tribute to wenger’s genius.

Unread 25-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Not to mention we were only an appalling Drogba offside decision in 2010 at Old Trafford, and those @#%&!s QPR stopping bothering to defend in 2012, away from winning 7 in a row
Not really, the goal we pulled back shouldn’t have stood either. We didn’t turn up that day and were well beaten.

Unread 25-04-2018, 08:40 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Not really, the goal we pulled back shouldn’t have stood either. We didn’t turn up that day and were well beaten.
Also we didn't stir our sugar right

Unread 25-04-2018, 09:47 AM
irk

Revolutionised the spy game too.

Unread 25-04-2018, 04:09 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
If you’re able to look inside GCHQ, then GCHQ are doing GCHQ all wrong.

Also, Henry Winter is a posh, pencil-necked, pseud @#%&!

Unread 25-04-2018, 04:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Indeed, and Freggle made some strange decisions as to who to start that day. Not as bad in that respect as two years later against city, though

Unread 27-04-2018, 08:18 PM
dunk

Just watched this..

Martin Keown - #@&%!
Graham Poll - #@&%!
Phil Neville - #@&%!

They didn't half gloss over the situation at United in '98 with all the injuries etc. for the 0-1 at OT, and our keeping them blanked out from 98-02.. Glossed over the 6-1 and the various other victories over them in tha period. Fergie £#%&!ing owned him .

If someone told me Roy Keane had smashed a gram before entering that tunnel I'd believe them without question

Unread 27-04-2018, 08:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just watched this..

Martin Keown - #@&%!
Graham Poll - #@&%!
Phil Neville - #@&%!

They didn't half gloss over the situation at United in '98 with all the injuries etc. for the 0-1 at OT, and our keeping them blanked out from 98-02..
Of course, they had to make the overall struggle appear more equal than it actually was.

Unread 27-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Just watched this..

Martin Keown - #@&%!
Graham Poll - #@&%!
Phil Neville - #@&%!

They didn't half gloss over the situation at United in '98 with all the injuries etc. for the 0-1 at OT, and our keeping them blanked out from 98-02..

If someone told me Roy Keane had smashed a gram before entering that tunnel I'd believe them without question
Just a quick reminder of our starting 11 going into that make or break game...

Schmeichel

Curtis----G Neville---Berg---Irwin

Beckham----Johnsen---Scholes---P Neville

------Sheringham------Cole

With David May, Solskjaer and Ben Thornley coming off the bench

Unread 27-04-2018, 08:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Just a quick reminder of our starting 11 going into that make or break game...

Schmeichel

Curtis----G Neville---Berg---Irwin

Beckham----Johnsen---Scholes---P Neville

------Sheringham------Cole

With David May, Solskjaer and Ben Thornley coming off the bench
Never, ever mentioned

Unread 27-04-2018, 08:36 PM
andyroo

Johnsen in midfield

The Doughnut - The Early Years

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:00 PM
sa7

Quote:
Shut the £#%&! up.

I’m living in a deluded fantasy here and I don’t need YOU and your truth bombs spoiling it

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Johnsen in midfield

The Doughnut - The Early Years
He was pretty good in there tbf. Seem to recall him having several good games in there between '96-98, particularly against Juve..

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Their winner at Stamford Bridge against us that season came from a very dodgy freekick

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Sandman

Quote:
He was pretty good in there tbf. Seem to recall him having several good games in there between '96-98, particularly against Juve..
I think he played there when we smashed the £#%&! out of Porto in 97, great player was Johnsen, shame about the injuries.

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I think he played there when we smashed the £#%&! out of Porto in 97, great player was Johnsen, shame about the injuries.
His best game for us was away at chelsea in the 97-98 season when we won 1-0 and phil neville scored. he was an absolute colossus that day

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:33 PM
dunk

Basically Ronnie was a bloody good player

Would love a few of his ilk in the squad now..
Closed Thread